Holosmith or Herald?

kajahun.1934

@"Hoodie.1045" said:Holosmith if you want to skip all of the complexities that core engineers like me had to deal with before this pathetic excuse of an "engineer" profession existed.

Its actually the complexity of core engi that makes this E-spec automatically more engaging than herald. I have to admit that holo is more noob friendly in comparison to base engi because you do not need a kit to make it work properly. But IMO its a great e-spec and hell of fun, thats why i recommend holo, because herald is for me a unengaging boonbot and inherently flawed through revs inflexibility in builds.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"Hoodie.1045" said:Holosmith if you want to skip all of the complexities that core engineers like me had to deal with before this pathetic excuse of an "engineer" profession existed.

Its actually the complexity of core engi that makes this E-spec automatically more engaging than herald. I have to admit that holo is more noob friendly in comparison to base engi because you do not need a kit to make it work properly. But IMO its a great e-spec and hell of fun, thats why i recommend holo, because herald is for me a unengaging boonbot and inherently flawed through revs inflexibility in builds.

I'm not saying that Holosmith isn't fun or isn't a good elite specialization. It certainly is and it is fun. If you enjoy playing, go ahead, play it. It's just that for core engineers that have been playing since 2013 have been somewhat forgotten and the kits haven't been changed so that core engineer is still viable, like core sw/d thief or core sc/f elementalist.

Core engineer is still viable even when you play support with Med Kit, it's just that you have to play like a god, memorizing skill cooldowns and swapping from one kit to another in order to be on par with the Holosmith or other professions in general when it comes to DPS.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:Holosmith if you want to skip all of the complexities that core engineers like me had to deal with before this pathetic excuse of an "engineer" profession existed.

I'm not saying that Holosmith isn't fun or isn't a good elite specialization. It certainly is and it is fun. If you enjoy playing, go ahead, play it. It's just that for core engineers that have been playing since 2013 have been somewhat forgotten and the kits haven't been changed so that core engineer is still viable, like core sw/d thief or core sc/f elementalist.

Core engineer is still viable even when you play support with Med Kit, it's just that you have to play like a god, memorizing skill cooldowns and swapping from one kit to another in order to be on par with the Holosmith or other professions in general when it comes to DPS.

Yeah thats a point i agree with you. I hope Anet will make more overhauls on profession that actually need them. Like rev, engi and ranger pets.

Archived