Black screen problem

So I've been experiencing this black screen bug that randomly happens while I play, I can still move, hear voices of monsters and surrounding and probably do everything BUT see because the screen turns black. Some things that I've tried:

• Set Power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance" in nvidia control panel for GW2
  • Choose auto-detect for graphics settings using both the in-game auto-detect feature as-well as nvidia geforce experience auto-detect feature.
  • Set screen resolution to full screen windowed mode
  • Re-installed
  • Confirmed this bug on Mac as-well (so nothing to do with windows 10 April update apparently)
  • Set GW2 to run as administrator + windows 7 compatible mode
  • Prayed

Nothing worked, any suggestions, I can barely play the game this way :(

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

• Confirmed this bug on Mac as-well (so nothing to do with windows 10 April update apparently)

What did you do in order to reproduce the issue?

It just happens at random times, just playing the game for sometime and encountering it

Same hardware each time?

well the mac and the windows 10 pc are obviously different hardware

@royki.2976 said:

It just happens at random times, just playing the game for sometime and encountering it

Same hardware each time?

You can run Windows on the Mac hardware, hence the question. That's interesting. You should definitely take this to email with support.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Same hardware each time?

You can run Windows on the Mac hardware, hence the question. That's interesting. You should definitely take this to email with support.Already did and so far no answer so trying my luck here

@royki.2976 said:

Same hardware each time?

You can run Windows on the Mac hardware, hence the question. That's interesting. You should definitely take this to email with support.Already did and so far no answer so trying my luck here

Ah. Usual delay is around ten days at the moment, I'm afraid.

Good luck with that, i have the same problem nothing seems to fix it , already tried everything , after 3 years of playing the game i just go hit by this bug , already checked on the internet and the solutions are so random that i don't have any idea what cause it.already tried:

-new windows installation-new gpu drivers-swaping the ram slots-swaping gpu slot-already move gw2 to another disk drive-lowering the graphics-underclocking-removed 1 of my monitors-made some changes into the modem settings

• i can play other games so the gpu is not the problem
  • the temps are ok , around 65C

at this point i just gave up , everytime i want to play fractals i dc at the boss, i can't wvw because i dc and i have go through the Q again , Spvp is the same thing.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@michelada.2947 said:at this point i just gave up , everytime i want to play fractals i dc at the boss, i can't wvw because i dc and i have go through the Q again , Spvp is the same thing.

Disconnects have nothing to do with graphics issues.

@royki.2976: Have you checked for possible overheating issues? Is your PC interior clean?

yes it's clean, I have no problems playing other games and as I've already said it happens on my mac as-well (different hardware no vm), so clearly a game issue

@"royki.2976" said:and as I've already said it happens on my mac as-well (different hardware no vm), so clearly a game issue

If both your computers have dust-layered hardware that clogs the fans, similar issues can occur. That's why I asked. ;)

Check out this other thread and try change the client port as instructed there by Healix:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1858/black-screen-randomly-no-crash-or-error-code

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"royki.2976" said:and as I've already said it happens on my mac as-well (different hardware no vm), so clearly a game issue

If both your computers have dust-layered hardware that clogs the fans, similar issues can occur. That's why I asked. ;)

Check out this other thread and try change the client port as instructed there by Healix:

I can say that setting the port to 80 fixed my issues. Do you have any ideas on how can I investigate what is interfering with my connection that is causing this problem?

Archived