[Suggestion] Horse Mount [merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] Horse Mount [merged]

Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Am I the only one who really wants to ride the classic horse mount and finds it extremely weird we have no horse mount or skin?

<13

Comments

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:
    I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, NOT the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts do something, what would a horse bring to the game?

Could be a special skin for all I care.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Dante.1763 said:
    I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, NOT the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts do something, what would a horse bring to the game?

And for which mount would it be a skin for, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? because theyd have to make entirely new animations for it, the 3d model, and having the character riding it.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

And for which mount would it be a skin for, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? because theyd have to make entirely new animations for it, the 3d model, and having the character riding it.

Raptor I guess, the leap makes sense for a galloping horse.
    I'd pay the 2K a special skin costs regularly, like the bird skin.

• @Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

They’d still have to make new animations and remove old animations. The raptor has several dog like animations that would need to be removed. In addition the raptor is 2 legged which probably makes a difference when adding a 4 legged skin to it

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

It would be more than 2k due to the new animiations and such that theyd have to make that @Just a flesh wound.3589 mentioned.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2018

Since the mounts have special animations and uses maybe ANet should add one or two more mount slots for other mounts, such as horses, that have no specific animations or uses. That way they could add mounts of many different types that don’t need to be a reskin of one of the current mounts and don’t have the special uses. They could have a mount slot for “other” 4 legged mounts and a mount slot for “other” 2 legged mounts.

• Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Amaranthe.3578 said:
    Am I the only one who really wants to ride the classic horse mount and finds it extremely weird we have no horse mount or skin?

A horse mount is pointless because it would make it the worst mount when compared to the other mounts. It can't leap long distances like the raptor, it can't jump high like the springer, it can't swim fast on water like the skimmer, it can't teleport like the jackal and it can't fly like the awesome griffon.

Karras

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Nope: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37824/why-cant-we-have-horse-mounts

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

Given Anet's track record for avoiding the typical content of other MMO's, I don't see a horse mount coming anytime in the future. I do see the possibility for cold weather animals, or mountain dwelling ones.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd love that, as well. :+1:

• KeoLegend.5132KeoLegend.5132 Member ✭✭✭

I love that GW2 doesnt have horses.
    I hate to play a MMORPG that just does more of the same! GW2 mounts are so cool because they are unique

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

At this time, horses would no longer look normal in Tyria

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2018

Guild Wars may have no horses, but there were Kirin in Cantha (Guild Wars Factions) which look a bit horse-like.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kirin
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Jade_Torn_Kirin_(monk)
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Stone_Scale_Kirin
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Jade_Torn_Kirin_(mesmer)

Maybe a mount idea with a future Cantha-expansion? It would surely look great with a Sylvari riding it.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

I don't need horses as mounts to like GW2, but if it makes you guys happy shrugs

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

It would be cool if they added a horse mount to Central Tyria mastery no matter which combo of the expansions you have. No abilities, just a simple mount with 50% movement.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AncientYs.8613 said:
    Oh it's this dead horse again..

Does it have a Necrid riding it?

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@AncientYs.8613 said:
    Oh it's this dead horse again..

Does it have a Necrid riding it?

Yes.. Yes it does :>

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

what if the horse mount has a speed ability, you can run allot faster for as long as your stamina is available.

• @sorudo.9054 said:
    what if the horse mount has a speed ability, you can run allot faster for as long as your stamina is available.

This is not botw though :/

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

botw?

• @sorudo.9054 said:

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

botw?

Zelda: breath of the wild.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2018

@starlinvf.1358 said:
    Theres "unoriginal" and then theres not even trying.... The reason you're getting so much push back, is because you're not even trying to put an interesting spin on the idea, and then further dismiss any desire for a creative touch. A high fantasy setting containing not only every major fantasy trope, but also subverts nearly all of them.... and you just stopped at "a Horse. Just a plain old regular horse".

Now you know what would get a lot of discussion going? Reskin the Jackel with the Dreamer's Unicorn. Lets go down the list.....

• In-game reference to a Legendary weapon
    • Is doubly unique in that Horses are "mythical" in Tyria, and the Unicorn is the ultimate evolution of that idea
    • The "suspension of disbelief" baggage that comes with Unicorns is a lot lower then with other Equines (ie we already accept it to be absurd)
    • It immediately answers the question of why it teleports (cuz "magic"), in a world where there is a fine line between magic and technology
    • It already provides the basis for visual effects it would use
    • Immediately raises the question of why don't have a Tiger mount with a "stealth" teleport effect, and a Pounce that just makes perfect sense for the Jackal's dismount.
    • People who roll Dreamer would be all over this, as would a lot of RP cosplayers
    • "Press Space to Dash"
    • Always, I wanna be with you. And make believe with you. And live in harmony, harmony oh love......

Super agree with you. But the song only works if the Unicorn is properly Robot too.

That awesome creation is not a mount. It is a playable race!

• ReV.6097ReV.6097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2018

If it's a generally normal shaped horse... then Raptor would be the right mechanics, but like you guys mentioned, they'd have to mess with dimenions and models etc.
    I don't see why they couldn't use it on a Jackal, and if not a horse, then as some other kind of fantasy horse-like animal.
    To be fair we do have horse shaped creatures in GW2. We have the Unicorn finisher and Centaurs, so to say that horses don't fit the GW world, isn't 100% accurate.

I agree with what @starlinvf.1358 wrote.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

Horses don't really fit into GW2 esthetics but neither do winged backpacks, so Anet will probably add horse skins eventually

@Kheldorn.5123 said:
    Horses don't really fit into GW2 esthetics

???

They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

so Anet will probably add horse skins eventually

Hopefully!

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

???

They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

so Anet will probably add horse skins eventually

Hopefully!

somebody stole your idea, Asha. Can I call you like that? :D

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2018

What´s a "horse"?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

???

and they are most likely extinct

• Karaha.3290Karaha.3290 Member ✭✭✭

A horse as a Jackal skin, i don't see any problems there.
    It's four legged, they don't need more animation changes than reforged Warhound and Shrine Wolf, maybe it would be a bit boring for some ppl but thats it.
    I also like the Kirin idea.

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

Aren't the books canon. So that means horses exist. How about a unicorn. They are in the game as a wep and finisher. So let's ride them. I hope they fart rainbows.

• @Karaha.3290 said:
    A horse as a Jackal skin, i don't see any problems there.
    It's four legged, they don't need more animation changes than reforged Warhound and Shrine Wolf, maybe it would be a bit boring for some ppl but thats it.
    I also like the Kirin idea.

One consideration though. They’ve either have to remove the ability to go through Sand Portals or change the lore so that both horses and the Sand Jackal can use Sand Portals.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

Horses are extinct, Charr charr grilled them all B)

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

Have you ever seen living horse in GW or GW2?

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Aren't the books canon. So that means horses exist. How about a unicorn. They are in the game as a wep and finisher. So let's ride them. I hope they fart rainbows.

I think Matthew Medina posted recently that game takes priority over books and inividual stories when setting the canon.

edited May 29, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Valid point.
    Come to think of it, we've not even seen dead horses, have we? (Except for the ones being beaten here, ofc :# )

@Plautze.6290 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Valid point.
    Come to think of it, we've not even seen dead horses, have we? (Except for the ones being beaten here, ofc :# )

We actually did, necrid horseman in gw1. Orrian undead which never appeared in GW2.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Valid point.

We actually did, necrid horseman in gw1. Orrian undead which never appeared in GW2.

kitten me, you're right!
    At least they were called horsemen...

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Only a "horse", not a horse. There is a difference, but the Skritt will probably tell you otherwise.

But again: We can ride a peacock mount now. When they can add a peacock, they can add a horse. There just needs to be enough paying demand for it. I don't need one. Personally I don't see a reason to ride a horse when I can ride a griffon!

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• GenghisKhan.7842GenghisKhan.7842 Member ✭✭✭

Honestly, we really don't need a horse mount when most of us have already unlocked the super-convenient griffon anyway

@GenghisKhan.7842 said:
    Honestly, we really don't need a horse mount when most of us have already unlocked the super-convenient griffon anyway

Pegasus skin for Griffy?

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@GenghisKhan.7842 said:

Pegasus skin for Griffy?

It will look stupid. Griffon doesn't run like horse, it runs like a big cat. And skins don't change base mount animations.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@GenghisKhan.7842 said:

Pegasus skin for Griffy?

It will look stupid. Griffon doesn't run like horse, it runs like a big cat. And skins don't change base mount animations.

Sorry, I left off the [JOKE] icon.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@GenghisKhan.7842 said:

Pegasus skin for Griffy?

Sorry, I left off the [JOKE] icon.

And full name is "Followers of Bad [JOKE]", eh?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.