Legendary Trinkets

Figuring that Aurora was released for Living World and the new ring is attached to Raids. Should the other trinkets be attached to SPVP and WvW and possibly one attached to dungeons? So the other ring being Pvp, accessory for WvW and maybe Amulet from Dungeons?

Would be cool if that eventually became a reality. But the time where we have 100% legendary equipment will probably be close to the end of the game's lifespan.

They should all require that amount of work, so it would be bad if they just slapped it into the different modes like that. It would have to be new content, so no dungeons unless they get completely overhauled.

Dunno about WvW or PvP honestly. In WvW I could see it become an issue because there are only so many things you can do. If you attach part of the collection to holding or capturing a certain objective for example I could see it turn into a situation like people waiting for it to get flipped just so they can flip it themselves quickly. If it's attached to a tier 3 objective and idk, on lord kill you have a drop chance for a certain item it could still be quite problematic, besides that those objectives turn absolutely worthless at night with 0 coverage.

@Blocki.4931 said:Would be cool if that eventually became a reality. But the time where we have 100% legendary equipment will probably be close to the end of the game's lifespan.

They should all require that amount of work, so it would be bad if they just slapped it into the different modes like that. It would have to be new content, so no dungeons unless they get completely overhauled.

Dunno about WvW or PvP honestly. In WvW I could see it become an issue because there are only so many things you can do. If you attach part of the collection to holding or capturing a certain objective for example I could see it turn into a situation like people waiting for it to get flipped just so they can flip it themselves quickly. If it's attached to a tier 3 objective and idk, on lord kill you have a drop chance for a certain item it could still be quite problematic, besides that those objectives turn absolutely worthless at night with 0 coverage.

Well if it’s anything like the backpack most of it will cost tickets and Wvw currency.

I'm not even discussing the likes or dislikes of that idea... Not worth discussing IMO.But i'd like to address a few misconceptions:First, correct this notion that Aurora (or most other legendary items, the exceptions being armor and back items) is tied exclusively to a single game type. They aren't, Aurora and every other Legendary item (except the aforementioned) all require at the very least Gifts of Battle (old Legendary weapons) with most requiring Gifts of Battle and Gift of Glory.

Second, they discontinued support for dungeons years ago, do you really believe there's a lick of a chance they'd create a legendary item reward tied to that content?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:I'm not even discussing the likes or dislikes of that idea... Not worth discussing IMO.But i'd like to address a few misconceptions:First, correct this notion that Aurora (or most other legendary items, the exceptions being armor and back items) is tied exclusively to a single game type. They aren't, Aurora and every other Legendary item (except the aforementioned) all require at the very least Gifts of Battle (old Legendary weapons) with most requiring Gifts of Battle and Gift of Glory.

Second, they discontinued support for dungeons years ago, do you really believe there's a lick of a chance they'd create a legendary item reward tied to that content?

Woah son, it was just a suggestion as I didn’t know what the last one could be tied to and why isn’t this worth discussing exactly, if you don’t want to be part of the discussion that’s fine, however even after that phrase you still threw your opinion in. ?

Second, Aurora is attached to Living Workd Season 3, as in if you don’t have Living World you can’t get this Legendary item.

The same can be said for the Raid ring.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Dungeons are dead. Not sure why Anet would make a dungeon legendary (dungeons already have their unique ascended trinkets, anyway).

Just a suggestion, unless they throw in a Legendary for Adventures, World bosses or something.

My main thought was tying new trinkets to pvp and wvw.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Dungeons are dead. Not sure why Anet would make a dungeon legendary (dungeons already have their unique ascended trinkets, anyway).

Just a suggestion, unless they throw in a Legendary for Adventures, World bosses or something.

My main thought was tying new trinkets to pvp and wvw.

Hm. I can see a pvp and wvw legendary, ye. Maybe even a world boss one. Should be interesting.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:I'm not even discussing the likes or dislikes of that idea... Not worth discussing IMO.But i'd like to address a few misconceptions:First, correct this notion that Aurora (or most other legendary items, the exceptions being armor and back items) is tied exclusively to a single game type. They aren't, Aurora and every other Legendary item (except the aforementioned) all require at the very least Gifts of Battle (old Legendary weapons) with most requiring Gifts of Battle
and
Gift of Glory.

Woah son, it was just a suggestion as I didn’t know what the last one could be tied to and why isn’t this worth discussing exactly, if you don’t want to be part of the discussion that’s fine, however even after that phrase you still threw your opinion in. ?

Second, Aurora is attached to Living Workd Season 3, as in if you don’t have Living World you can’t get this Legendary item.

Not exclusively... The Raid Armor, that can be said it's tied exclusively... And the Raid Ring, we don't know yet do we? Next collection might focus on Fractals as far as we know.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:I'm not even discussing the likes or dislikes of that idea... Not worth discussing IMO.But i'd like to address a few misconceptions:First, correct this notion that Aurora (or most other legendary items, the exceptions being armor and back items) is tied exclusively to a single game type. They aren't, Aurora and every other Legendary item (except the aforementioned) all require at the very least Gifts of Battle (old Legendary weapons) with most requiring Gifts of Battle
and
Gift of Glory.

Not exclusively... The Raid Armor, that can be said it's tied exclusively... And the Raid Ring, we don't know yet do we? Next collection might focus on Fractals as far as we know.

Sure, but try getting Aurora without Living World Season 3 or try getting Coalescence without doing Wing 5, it can’t be done.

@Tyson.5160 said:

and
Gift of Glory.

Sure, but try getting Aurora without Living World Season 3 or try getting Coalescence without doing Wing 5, it can’t be done.

You can't make Aurora without playing PvP and WvW either.

I'm not opposed to them adding any new items to other modes but I'd like to see another legendary trinket attached to LS4, preferably an amulet or ring this time. No harm in having an accessible precursor like Aurora for every season, it'd be a good materials sink if nothing else.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

and
Gift of Glory.

I mean honestly those things can be bought on the TP, but sure it takes multiple game modes to generally make any Legendary, However you need Living World Season 3 in order to make Aurora, the same can be said for Coalescence for Wing 5.

I get the feeling you don’t want Legendary trinkets that require you to gather WvW tickets or PvP League tickets and ascended shards, which forces you complete in large amounts of both game modes. They do it for Raids and Living World, now it’s time for WvW and PvP too.

I am OK with the "small" contribution you have to include in the Gift of The Mists for Aurora and the rest being VERY PvE centric.What I did not like was the inclusion of Raids as a hard gated content you had to do to even unlock the collection. I was lucky enough to be able to find people who were willing to drag me through the "assault on the fortress" wing to get the unlock.Seeing that The Coalescence is again locked behind a new Raid wing made me shake my head in disbelieve and I haven't even tried to find people who will endure me on Raid content to get a second unlock done.

Legendary items should always include some contribution from all basic game modes, but I don't want to see it expanded to advanced types (high level Fractals, PvP league rewards, WvW rank tied purchases etc.). Glory Shards. Memories of Battle and Matrixes can be bought off the TP as well (for a price) if you are not a true PvX player.

PvP (which does not need the Legendary in terms of stats) already got The Ascension and WvW has its own backpack with a large Skirmish ticket sink attached to it.If there should be any change, it would at least make the stat-swap Triumphant armour from WvW count towards some kind of achievement. I can't see the reasoning only Raid armour gets recognition for their path to Legendary.

@Tyson.5160 said:

and
Gift of Glory.

I mean honestly those things can be bought on the TP, but sure it takes multiple game modes to generally make any Legendary, However you need Living World Season 3 in order to make Aurora, the same can be said for Coalescence for Wing 5.

I get the feeling you don’t want Legendary trinkets that require you to gather WvW tickets or PvP League tickets and ascended shards, which forces you complete in large amounts of both game modes. They do it for Raids and Living World, now it’s time for WvW and PvP too.

LOL what? What can be bought on the TP? Gift of Battle? Sure Shards of Glory, yeah, but you always have to play at least WvW for Aurora.

Well, yeah, after they ruined PvP and WvW, i don't want to play those game modes anymore... It does irk me that i am forced to do it, not because i don't like pvp, but because what pvp became.Anything that you can AFK through isn't pvp, and comparing the difficulty of obtaining Legendary Insights (if you don't buy the runs) to obtaining WvW tickets or PvP tickets...That's just ridiculous. When they make it so that you need 150 ranked matches WON to get Legendary whatever i'll say there's a parallel. Right now you just need to participate in enough games to get the stuff...So yeah, lets make a sPvP only trinket, you need to win 100 ranked matches to obtain the precursor, and do a similar collection of achievements as the Ascension for the Gift.There's a 42% chance that even if you have over 4000 hours of game time you don't have those 100 wins in ranked yet (looking at gw2 efficiency stats), never mind getting another set of 100 for that trinket.

PvP is heading the way dungeons have. It's dying, it's devolved from a competitive scene with professional competitions to a place people go to farm for stuff. And then ask for other stuff to be farmable there, because lets face it, you can lose 150 games and get to Byzantium chest, but you can't fail 150 raids and get that Ring.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

and
Gift of Glory.

LOL what? What can be bought on the TP? Gift of Battle? Sure Shards of Glory, yeah, but you always have to play at least WvW for Aurora.

Well, yeah, after they ruined PvP and WvW, i don't want to play those game modes anymore... It does irk me that i am forced to do it, not because i don't like pvp, but because what pvp became.Anything that you can AFK through isn't pvp, and comparing the difficulty of obtaining Legendary Insights (if you don't buy the runs) to obtaining WvW tickets or PvP tickets...That's just ridiculous. When they make it so that you need 150 ranked matches
WON
to get Legendary whatever i'll say there's a parallel. Right now you just need to
participate
in enough games to get the stuff...So yeah, lets make a sPvP only trinket, you need to win 100 ranked matches to obtain the precursor, and do a similar collection of achievements as the Ascension for the Gift.There's a 42% chance that even if you have over 4000 hours of game time you don't have those 100 wins in ranked yet (looking at gw2 efficiency stats), never mind getting another set of 100 for that trinket.

PvP is heading the way dungeons have. It's dying, it's devolved from a competitive scene with professional competitions to a place people go to farm for stuff. And then ask for other stuff to be farmable there, because lets face it, you can lose 150 games and get to Byzantium chest, but you can't fail 150 raids and get that Ring.

Good thing I have 400 plus ranked wins then I guess.

Regardless, I would quit happy if they spread out the trinkets through the game modes, regardless of any gating. I mean they attached the ring to raids. Let’s attached the other ring to ranked pvp and another trinket to WvW. Sounds good to me.

• 1 year later...