sPVP Platinum - Core D/D Ele Build!

Hello all!

First off I am not claiming this is the best ele build by any means atm, or that i am the best ele in the game far from that....Simply i have seen multiple people mention there are no good core ele builds atm or they are bored with weaver so i present this build as a surprisingly effective pvp build atm. I was able to get to platinum 2 using this build but have gone down a tad since trying to learn alt, anyways onto the build!

FYI I am assuming that most people will know the basic ideas of combos on d/d for heals and might stacking, i have played d/d ele since beta so this is easier for some than others.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhMMoyhFOwzBsSM8AYVVYG+EohQMYHIBgDQLE-jJxHQBA4BAEwTAgG2foIlBAA

This build while perhaps not the beast roamer/support option at the moment is a hybrid that can do a decent job at both making it highly versatile in the game depending on the role it needs to play. Similar to old fashion d/d ele this uses boons to its advantage, also the d/d set does both good power as well as condi damage with burns and bleeds. Celestial manages to highly utilize all of the healing. power, and condi potential of an ele.

It a condi heavy meta with scrouge the cantrip heal is more effective as it helps us deal with this, as well as the fact that all our slot skills grant condi removal due to traits in water. Lightning rod & Temptest defense work wonderfully together and ele can take full advantage of this with cc's of dagger and 2 different shocking auras available. Perhaps what makes this build very effective in this meta atm is its ability to throw around downed bodies with air 5 and tornado. This is very important as necro and firebrand can do incredible quick rezzes with permanent barrier and stability. Thus this is why knocking around the downed bodies works very well. Also, i can not stress how effective tornado is with the air traits! It deals high cc's and damage helping prevent people from capturing nodes/rezzing. Hope some of you guys give this build a try and make changes for your playstyle as d/d is very fun to play!

[Due note in part why this can work at the moment is almost all enemies never expect to face a d/d core ele. Some people may have never even faced one if their new to the game, or people forget just exactly the timing and ways to counter it. This works well for us as not everyone realizes the importance to interrupt ether rewnal, or exactly the timing of churning earth. If d/d get more popular than this advantage will dissipate.]

@Amityel.5324 said:sorry to say that but this build is one of the worst i have ever tried.....16.2k HP one condi bomb.....dead, p/p thief you are dead....pooor dmg poor sustain dunno what you want from this you are just crippling your own team with this build

Condi burst = heal skillP/P thief = mist form

Just hug the thief using engage tools

@Amityel.5324 said:sorry to say that but this build is one of the worst i have ever tried.....16.2k HP one condi bomb.....dead, p/p thief you are dead....pooor dmg poor sustain dunno what you want from this you are just crippling your own team with this build

Actually, give build a try before complaining got to high platinum solo queuing with it!...actually if there's one class this build destroys it's thieves. Its most hilarious thing to watch teefs fail to fight this build. Remember when they steal on you with mark your Temptest Defense/Lighting rod kick into action. This stuns them giving you more time to react as well as the thief gets almost permanent weakness doing 50% less damage. Also, you can put on shocking aura from air 3 and this effect kicks in ever 1 sec.

As for damage you might need to learn how to might stack...when done with this build you can maintain at least 2000 power and 800 condi damage in combat combined with awesome base supports of celestial. Condi is not a problem as explained in the post, also if you need damage remember to spam air 1 (lightning whip). With might, this skill does 2k damage give or take. What most eles don't know unless there from the old day is you can cast lightning whip half ways through animation cancel and recast as damage starts at beginning of animation. This means in effect 4k +- every sec from air auto attack.

actually i gave it a try i know how to might stack but you do nothing as melee unless you are sword dagger weaver........this build is easy to kill and you cant fight on point for more than few secs till you get condi bombed and you have to run away to heal up

@ONLYUSEmeBLADE.8917 said:What most eles don't know unless there from the old day is you can cast lightning whip half ways through animation cancel and recast as damage starts at beginning of animation. This means in effect 4k +- every sec from air auto attack.

it got nerfed forever ago so that this is no longer helpful. the startup was delayed and the endlag was reduced

@"Amityel.5324" said:actually i gave it a try i know how to might stack but you do nothing as melee unless you are sword dagger weaver........this build is easy to kill and you cant fight on point for more than few secs till you get condi bombed and you have to run away to heal up

well, do remember that this isn't melee. dagger is 300-400 range. and lightning whip's hitbox is a triangle, so the corners have more than 300 range. Also the hitbox is hugeExGIL5r.jpg?1> full size and more views

so it's actually possible (but very difficult) to be outside a scourge's shade skill self-aoe radius and still hit them

I've tried to make d/d work a lot, it just doesn't. It's damage is hilariously subpar, even when using the lightning rod trait in question (EVEN with marauder) the damage is just not there.

Your highest hitting abilities (fire grab, burning speed, drakes breath) along with the ones that do now high damage because of LR (water air dual, earthquake) still don't break 5k damage. Meanwhile other classes can fucking autoattack you for that much, lets not even mention their burst abilities.

So while you're having fun weaving around hitting for crit 800-2000, real classes are doing 3-8k damage with half the effort.

Ele is in trash tier right now. Not worth playing at all in pvp.

Edit: you're core which has even less damage that weaver (albeit slightly more survivability) so it gets worse.

Archived