Twitch Drops.

Today many MMORPGs support the Twitch Drops function. Direct competitor Guild WARS 2 - Elder Scrolls Online has already introduced this function and after its connection, my friend was seated by 200 people on Twitch. Before that, he had no more than 15. It can be seen that the Drops stimulate people to sit on broadcasts, and this is direct advertising of any game. Well, why only we do not have such a function? Is it really incomprehensible that streamers are the best advertisers of the game!

@"Goettel.4389" said:Had to google 'Twitch drops'. Haven't read anything on it by ANet, so it's probably more "if" than "when".

Yea im on this seat as well...

And bumping your own thread literally 40 minutes after the last post is just weird..

@"Goettel.4389" said:Had to google 'Twitch drops'. Haven't read anything on it by ANet, so it's probably more "if" than "when".

Yeah me too, if I understand it correctly someone has to already have to have a GW2 account, have their game account connected to their twitch account, then if they watch someone play the game on twitch and GW2 loot can drop for the people watching that stream.

I can see how that might boost a streamer's audience but if they're already customers so surely it'd be better for ArenaNet if they were in game playing? So it'd mainly serve to boost GW2's popularity on twitch moving out up the game list (sorted by viewer count) and hope that some of the people watching are not customers and sufficiently intrigued by the prospect of getting a "Ravaging Cabalist Hood of Divinity" to create an account?

GW2 doesn't have exciting loot.

@"Pifil.5193" said:I can see how that might boost a streamer's audience but if they're already customers so surely it'd be better for ArenaNet if they were in game playing? So it'd mainly serve to boost GW2's popularity on twitch moving out up the game list (sorted by viewer count) and hope that some of the people watching are not customers and sufficiently intrigued by the prospect of getting a "Ravaging Cabalist Hood of Divinity" to create an account?

Now if they could get a "Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language", that would be different.

Honest to Dog, that's the name of an item in Allods Online.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:I can see how that might boost a streamer's audience but if they're already customers so surely it'd be better for ArenaNet if they were in game playing? So it'd mainly serve to boost GW2's popularity on twitch moving out up the game list (sorted by viewer count) and hope that some of the people watching are not customers and sufficiently intrigued by the prospect of getting a "Ravaging Cabalist Hood of Divinity" to create an account?

Now if they could get a "
Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language
", that would be different.

Honest to Dog, that's the name of an item in Allods Online.

That sounds like something you'd see on a late night shopping channel, "but that's not all, order now and we'll send you matching daggers for free!"

It would allow for a whole new meta on afk farming though. I can set up a twitch stream of a necro in Bitterfrost and we can all watch it at the lowest possible resolution while waiting for a blue drop an hour!

Its a quick way to artificially boost a games twitch viewers but I'm not convinced it will last. The Elder Scrolls Online forums are full of people sharing ways to get credit without actually watching, like putting streams on minimised tabs or on your phone with the sound off.

Its literally afk farming and once they get the drops, get bored or (in ESOs case) realise there's a 1 in 1000 chance of getting the only item worth having they stop watching, having never actually participated or boosted the stream beyond 1 "viewer" count.

Which might be nice for streamers who don't care if their viewers are actually watching but it's not a greatcadvertisment for the game or it's community.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah me too, if I understand it correctly someone has to already have to have a GW2 account, have their game account connected to their twitch account, then if they watch someone play the game on twitch and GW2 loot can drop for the people watching that stream.

I can see how that might boost a streamer's audience but if they're already customers so surely it'd be better for ArenaNet if they were in game playing? So it'd mainly serve to boost GW2's popularity on twitch moving out up the game list (sorted by viewer count) and hope that some of the people watching are not customers and sufficiently intrigued by the prospect of getting a "Ravaging Cabalist Hood of Divinity" to create an account?

The problem is that I have been conducting direct live broadcasts on Guild Wars 2 in Russia for several years already. There are so many people who still do not know about the game, and I put all my strength to learn about the game. Such a function, as Twitch Drops, will allow stimulation of the growth of views of the game on Twitch, which means that random people will come to the stream and be interested in the project. Thus, we will receive free advertising of the game, and hence the growth of sales. Is it really so difficult to realize at least some convenience for streamers? They are not encouraged in the game. Now many projects introduce special programs that allow streamers to receive pleasant bonuses in games, but not in Guild Wars 2 .....

@noviiparen.8163 said:

The problem is that I have been conducting direct live broadcasts on Guild Wars 2 in Russia for several years already. There are so many people who still do not know about the game, and I put all my strength to learn about the game. Such a function, as Twitch Drops, will allow stimulation of the growth of views of the game on Twitch, which means that random people will come to the stream and be interested in the project. Thus, we will receive free advertising of the game, and hence the growth of sales. Is it really so difficult to realize at least some convenience for streamers? They are not encouraged in the game. Now many projects introduce special programs that allow streamers to receive pleasant bonuses in games, but not in Guild Wars 2 .....

From what I read in this thread dont the stuff drop for the people watching not the one streaming?

@Linken.6345 said:

From what I read in this thread dont the stuff drop for the people watching not the one streaming?

That's what I thought too. Maybe the streamer also gets them?

Either way, if they follow the ESO model it'd be some common "gemstore" or levelling stuff with an "extremely rare" chance of something good. (ESO has an extremely rare chance of dropping a mount or pet). So in GW2 that'd be stuff like Boosters, Repair Canisters, Tomes of Knowledge and so on with an extremely rare chance of a Wardrobe Unlock or something like that?

Anything better than that and you'll be getting more exciting rewards outside the game than in. :)

@noviiparen.8163 said:Hello everyone!

Tell me plz... When will the game support the function of Twitch Drops? And if so, where you can bound ur account with Twitch Drops. I think many streamers would not refuse this function.

If you look deeper into the effect this has had on Warframe and ESO streams you would understand why Anet isnt jumping on this bandwagon.In essence it's a good idea. In reality, gamers open up 10 streams in the lowest quality possible and afk them until the drops.All it does is boost viewership numbers by encouraging people to make viewbots.It's actually had a negative effect on the Warframe community.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@noviiparen.8163 said:Hello everyone!

Tell me plz... When will the game support the function of
Twitch Drops
? And if so, where you can bound ur account with Twitch Drops. I think many streamers would not refuse this function.

If you look deeper into the effect this has had on Warframe and ESO streams you would understand why Anet isnt jumping on this bandwagon.In essence it's a good idea. In reality, gamers open up 10 streams in the lowest quality possible and afk them until the drops.All it does is boost viewership numbers by encouraging people to make viewbots.It's actually had a negative effect on the Warframe community.

I agree with you in part. On the one hand a lot of hunters will come for the prizes and the stream will not be of any importance to them, but on the other hand, popular streams, with a large number of spectators, will help the game to go into the tops of the views and be recommended to the audience. This will help attract new players to the project. There are pluses and minuses. I do not think that Drops is such a difficult task for ArenaNet.

Archived