After home instance, Players Housing Island!

Hmm Hmm, how to start? After taking a look over these housing threads, I got inspired. So here is the idea I found:Players Housing can't be only adding scribe to home instance, and can't be either a little home you have made for yourself within your guild hall, whereas peoples with a guild have access to decorations, why not players without guild too? So the solution is simple, a new map dedicated to that and with several instances of it (like all our actual PvE, WvW and PvP maps, with a bottom limit to close the map if empty. Accessible through an asuran gate, Instanced.

2MePtiA.png

Here is a suggested place for this "Player Housing Island", it is well placed, not far from the coast, far from all the main cities and their crowds. This Island Is quite big, a little smaller than the divinity reach. But you will told me: Okay and then? what's next?

XlI2BMW.jpg

Here is a suggested look for this island, she will be divided into 6 main parts (sub-areas), districts for the different races with each its own architecture of houses, within these sub-areas, a serious number of empty houses that the players can decorate how they wants: Simply go to the house of your choice and interact: After paying a very small price/or for free, you gain access to your plot/personal area that you can fill like how you want.

Also the map would have 3 levels, -Underground -Surface -Sky which are also divided between races.E.g. for underground Asura:

WFItGHH.jpg

The central Area of the Island, the Main Square would have a giant fountain, a bunch of benches and Several Asuran Gates to others instances of the map (If you are looking for your friend for example), an Access to the underground area (Stairs leading to it too in each surface district), some rivers (optional) to make frontiers between races territories. Indeed, an access to the sky area too. Several services like trading post, merchant, bank, laurels vendor..... So the numbers of building to create on the maps is unknown, it depend of the number of players wanting to do housing. But since we can have WvW maps with several towns, camp and cities, it's surely doable. I'm only asking for around 100 houses per instance of the maps, for the minority or majority of players which are asking like me, a serious housing system. Or more simple, no houses, and when someone bought the area, it makes the house appear to everyone.What is great, we will measure in the first time the number of players interested, then closing the appropriate number of useless maps. To reduce their number to only 10 instances who knows?

Now about the furniture system himself, I'm thinking about a easier and better version of Scribe: No more craftings, only materials and a specific NPC: Architect/Builder who offer you furniture against a certain number of materials: For a chair/table -> 4 dowel of your desired wood + 3 Planks of your desired wood. (both same wood). More Complex your furniture is, more money he will ask for, from 5 silvers to 5 gold coins per crafting. I really insist on this point, furniture plans and furniture are "free", craftable with in-game gold, all of them, some new furnitures could be discoverd through exploration, jumping puzzles and so on...

Also special furniture like storage: Each give you 20 slots of storage, and can be placed however you want in your home. Garden: To plant various cool flowers used for crafting, cooking and as decorations: Craftable flowers pot. But also vegetables... Cheap seeds like one packet for 50 silvers. Many plants from the game, only 15 holes for seeds. Farmable once a day per account.

Surely we can't make the most fabulous housing like in Wildstar (best housing in 2017), but we can make a more than decent one.To end this very long post, what about peoples against and not really into it? Why it worth development?1- The access to underground/sky area could be lock behind gems (600) each so 1200 to have 3 "home" plots.2- Some house skins could be sold like turning your modest villager house into a little mansion/villa (A size upgrade like in Animal Crossing 'Hi Nook!')3- Little extensions like a garden with passifloras would be cheap like for 15 gold, no more nodes at 120 or more.4- If you want to move your home to another instance to join your friend, you will have to pay like 150 gems.5- A special Asuran gate with a Fractal type Table to switch between maps instances.6- Tree levels = 3 possibilities of home, e.g: First surface home: My home, Second Underground Home: An handmade asuran bar, Third Home: Storage of multiple items like a bank.7- Usefulness: Have some dailies to perform on housing Island like "Daily visits of other homes", "Daily crafting", "Daily visitors in your home", "Daily garden gathering" and other cool achievs rewarding mostly Magics and Karma, and after finished 3 of them, like a normal daily finisher, earning 2 gold coins.8- Always running everywhere, why not having a rest, on this Paradisaical island with beaches? It could have quests, locations and vistas too?

I like the effort you put into his, kudosBut to me, the title reads; “after the asthaetic catastrophical disaster, player housing island!

Im not necessarily against player housing, but it will cost a lot of resources, that need to come from somewhere.And unless anet does it perfectly. It will be mostly wasted resources.It needs to look good, be fun, and highly interactive. And I fear with the current resources they’ll give us something simple or mediocre, after which most people, including people asking for this, will agree anet had better not done anything.

My suggestion was always relatively simple. Just enable the same decorating system from guild halls in home instances.And hide/disable them when you enter the home instance as a story instance.Also, to add all your characters as random NPCs to each race’s home instance. For example, you visit The Grove H.I. as a human, all your sylvari characters can be seen walking around.

@"hugo.4705" said:Hmm Hmm, how to start? After taking a look over these housing threads, I got inspired. So here is the idea I found:Players Housing can't be only adding scribe to home instance, and can't be either a little home you have made for yourself within your guild hall, whereas peoples with a guild have access to decorations, why not players without guild too? So the solution is simple, a new map dedicated to that and with several instances of her (like all our actual PvE, WvW and PvP maps, with a bottom limit to close the map if empty. Accessible through an asuran gate, Instanced.

2MePtiA.png

Here is a suggested place for this "Player Housing Island", she is well placed, not far from the coast, far from all the main cities and their crowds. This Island Is quite big, a little smaller than the divinity reach. But you will told me: Okay and then? what's next?

XlI2BMW.jpg

Here is a suggested look for this island, she will be divided into 6 main parts (sub-areas), districts for the different races with each her own architecture of houses, within these sub-areas, a serious number of empty houses that the players can decorate how he wants: Simply go to the house of your choice and interact: After paying a very small price/or for free, you gain access to your plot/personal area that you can fill like how you want.

Also the map would have 3 levels, -Underground -Surface -Sky which are also divided between races.E.g. for underground Asura:

WFItGHH.jpg

The central Area of the Island, the Main Square would have a giant fountain, a bunch of benches and Several Asuran Gates to others instances of the map (If you are looking for your friend for example), an Access to the underground area (Stairs leading to her too in each surface district), some rivers (optional) to make frontiers between races territories. Indeed, an access to the sky area too. Several services like trading post, merchant, bank, laurels vendor..... So the numbers of building to create on the maps is unknown, it depend of the number of players wanting to do housing. But since we can have WvW maps with several towns, camp and cities, it's surely doable. I'm only asking for around 100 houses per instance of the maps, for the minority or majority of players which are asking like me, a serious housing system. Or more simple, no houses, and when someone bought the area, it makes the house appear to everyone.What is great, we will measure in the first time the number of players interested, then closing the appropriate number of useless maps. To reduce their number to only 10 instances who knows?

Now about the furniture system himself, I'm thinking about a easier and better version of Scribe: No more craftings, only materials and a specific NPC: Architect/Builder who offer you furniture against a certain number of materials: For a chair/table -> 4 dowel of your desired wood + 3 Planks of your desired wood. (both same wood). More Complex your furniture is, more money he will ask for, from 5 silvers to 5 gold coins per crafting. I really insist on this point, furniture plans and furniture are "free", craftable with in-game gold, all of them, some new furnitures could be discoverd through exploration, jumping puzzles and so on...

Also special furniture like storage: Each give you 20 slots of storage, and can be placed however you want in your home. Garden: To plant various cool flowers used for crafting, cooking and as decorations: Craftable flowers pot. But also vegetables... Cheap seeds like one packet for 50 silvers. Many plants from the game, only 15 holes for seeds. Farmable once a day per account.

Surely we can't make the most fabulous housing like in Wildstar (best housing in 2017), but we can make a more than decent one.To end this very long post, what about peoples against and not really into it? Why it worth development?1- The access to underground/sky area could be lock behind gems (600) each so 1200 to have 3 "home" plots.2- Some house skins could be sold like turning your modest villager house into a little mansion/villa (A size upgrade like in Animal Crossing 'Hi Nook!')3- Little extensions like a garden with passifloras would be cheap like for 15 gold, no more nodes at 120 or more.4- If you want to move your home to another instance to join your friend, you will have to pay like 150 gems.5- A special Asuran gate with a Fractal type Table to switch between maps instances.6- Tree levels = 3 possibilities of home, e.g: First surface home: My home, Second Underground Home: An handmade asuran bar, Third Home: Storage of multiple items like a bank.7- Usefulness: Have some dailies to perform on housing Island like "Daily visits of other homes", "Daily crafting", "Daily visitors in your home", "Daily garden gathering" and other cool achievs rewarding mostly Magics and Karma, and after finished 3 of them, like a normal daily finisher, earning 2 gold coins.8- Always running everywhere, why not having a rest, on this Paradisaical island with beaches? She could have quests, locations and vistas too?

I love this idea. I’m afraid Anet will see the interest in player housing and give us some rendition of the terrible home instance already available.

Your ideas would be a great addition to GW2 imo

Sure, but more, because It's an mmoRPg, it means Role Playing, for playing a role, you need a scenery, a home for your character, and somewhere to perform your scene; so the fact isn't a counter-argument. ^^ It will offer another place for them to RP.I have to agree with ayakaru, great title, I should have written that... enabling scribe in home instances would be awesome, but not sufficient for peoples imo, then in addition of that, nodes should be placed where we want too, same for NPCs for a real feel of liberty and customization, actually all home instance are the same: Nodes, NPC and cats will always have the same place making the whole thing uniform. And the thing is, only your party would see your "house" / home instance, whereas in my Idea, you can show your work to the entire server! :D And if I wanted to push the concept further, we could have a system of ranking between players, and so achievs about that "Top 20!" "Top 200!", players would rate your home when exiting. Not really wasted resources if it's very well made, I think they are no waste of resources, anything should have his own test period to see if that work or not and then state if that was a bad use of these resources or not.

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:Why people keep making suggestions for player housing and marriage?!

Ikr? It's disturbing af..

That's a bit much.

I played Dark Ages of Camelot some years ago, we had a player housing area - you selected house types and interior and exterior decorations and you could even setup your own merchant in a little market stall outside on your property to sell stuff you had looted or crafted. The housing area was so popular that it was insanely easy to get utterly lost if you were trying to navigate on foot.

It wasn't perfect, nothing is - but that was 17 years ago in an MMO.

@Elva.6372 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:Why people keep making suggestions for player housing and marriage?!

Ikr? It's disturbing af..

That's a bit much.

I played Dark Ages of Camelot some years ago, we had a player housing area - you selected house types and interior and exterior decorations and you could even setup your own merchant in a little market stall outside on your property to sell stuff you had looted or crafted. The housing area was so popular that it was insanely easy to get utterly lost if you were trying to navigate on foot.

It wasn't perfect, nothing is - but that was 17 years ago in an MMO.

Wow, a wild idea just crossed through my mind.What if there is a REASON for the huge empty and blank spaces on the new Lion's Arch? What if they are preparing to give the players something to use that dead area with?Its just a wild thought, probably destined to die under a tree in a few minutes. But still...

I'm somewhat agnostic on the whole housing in GW2. It was fun in LotRO and the many other games I have played extensively over the years. The obvious elephant in the room is the Home Instance, arguably not the droids most were looking for in regards to housing. It is in the game and has received a number of upgrades since release which I myself haven't bothered with to be honest, I don't like the home instance, likely because it's far too sterile and impersonal -you can get the same ambiance outside the instance.

The RPG experience in GW2 is a very thinly applied veneer, not a lot of depth or grit to the world when you scratch the surface looking for dimensional discoveries - but it is pretty in that shallow way that no one can object to for any concrete reason.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Im not necessarily against player housing, but it will cost a lot of resources, that need to come from somewhere.And unless anet does it perfectly. It will be mostly wasted resources.It needs to look good, be fun, and highly interactive. And I fear with the current resources they’ll give us something simple or mediocre, after which most people, including people asking for this, will agree anet had better not done anything.

Not to change this into a 'what mastery do you want next' thread but remember we get them with every expansion. The first expansion was just getting the system developed (plus gliding) but the second was a requested feature, done in their way, mounts. I would be surprised if housing was not addressed in an expansion soon with people asking for it. Otherwise we wind up getting 'here is a grab-bag of masteries that are mostly useless outside of the new maps' and that year's mounts.

They could, but then only you and your party can enjoy it, plus, if they are no rewards or any kind of self-satisfaction with what you would do, they are no reason to do it, people will continue to ignore home instances, why people enjoy them? Only because they can gather some materials! Remove nodes and your home is dead, and the fact that ncps are silent make her more disturbing. Klipso: great Idea.

• 7 months later...

Also recently traveled to mystlock sanctuary, asuran-sky could look like hexane regrade in metrica province or shattered observatory. For other races it can lead to very nice designs: A floating island with a giant tree, airship dock with steam structures, a temple or spirits sanctuary!

It's like Aion all over again. NOOOOO.please think about it. How many players would want a house? Maybe 100's. maybe more than the game could cope with. You would need some form of bidding to gain a 'house' I don't think just walking up to one and buying it would work. You would need 1000's to meet demand.Bidding for a house is the work of the devil. I have many many times 'bidded' on a house to see some one place a higher bid within seconds left. Soul destroying, annoying. Then you get the to people not just wanting houses. They will want huge estates, palaces.Then there would be a reason to get a house in the first place. In aion houses meant you could grow crops in your 'garden' and get cupboards for more storage. The bigger houses gave crafting benefits and more. What would GW2 offer? Apart from people moaning there isn't enough houses to go round and they miss out on XXX benefit and it's not fair, blah blah.I would rather see more Guild halls. In fact if there is housing, it should be for the smaller guilds who can't get a Hall and therefore get a guild house.I commend OP on your post and I can see your idea. But I don't think it will be as straight forward.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:But to me, the title reads; “
after the asthaetic catastrophical disaster, player housing island!

I am not even sure what exactly the OP is referring to by "Disneyland"?

I used it just to rhymes with player-island, also because both are an attraction based on peoples hzving fun. But changed the title, I guess some players are confused by that. :/ :)

Also as many said and resaid, the second option would be to add decos in home instance.

I' ve seen this in Aion, it was a ghost town....only a few enjoy it, 99% kept(paid for) their mansion/home for specific buffs and space storage.For me there is 2 ways player housing can be brought in GW2 with some success:

1. A special Home Instance where a player can place their mansion/castle/home/ whatever and various items already in game from guild hall. This instance would have the utility of a home instance with nodes and such so home owner can invite others to enjoy his work. You can add a bunch of things here, collections for home(Anet can sell skins for homes), mastery for special nodes or NPCs. Anet can make a mini expansion only for this.
  2. Guild Hall is so big. Every guild member should get a space inside where he can place a home. I think it will be fun to run around my guild hall and enjoy my guild mates work.

@Cobra.6509 said:I' ve seen this in Aion, it was a ghost town....only a few enjoy it, 99% kept(paid for) their mansion/home for specific buffs and space storage.For me there is 2 ways player housing can be brought in GW2 with some success:

1. A special Home Instance where a player can place their mansion/castle/home/ whatever and various items already in game from guild hall. This instance would have the utility of a home instance with nodes and such so home owner can invite others to enjoy his work. You can add a bunch of things here, collections for home(Anet can sell skins for homes), mastery for special nodes or NPCs. Anet can make a mini expansion only for this.
  2. Guild Hall is so big. Every guild member should get a space inside where he can place a home. I think it will be fun to run around my guild hall and enjoy my guild mates work.

Yup 1 is definitely a good idea.