Nerf holosmith chain cc

Nash.3974

I‘m so done, why are holosmiths allowed to chain cc someone for about 10 secs? It’s ridiculous. It doesn’t even matter if you have a stun break or not, as soon as you used it you get cced again, it’s just so freaking toxic.Either remove/reduce the cc of holographic shockwave, overcharged shot (the most annoying one imo) or prime light beam.Either that or hf with yet another player quitting pvp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or just dodge the very obvious prime light beam and shock wave? Overcharged shot also CC's the engineer and you can always have a stunbreak and stability to counter it.

If you get chain CCd for 10 seconds against a holosmith you play terribly.

Not all builds have access to huge stacks of stability. I agree that holo CC is incredibly annoying by itself. It’s even more ridiculous when you start throwing in CC/interrupts from any one else. This is why CC as a whole needs diminishing returns.

engi???the engi that most profession can oneshot himwhat about double AOE condi scourge , sustain SB , heal FB , untouchable thief and evade all mesmersplease do not distract Anet from nerf those first then we go to engi or burst SLB

@Nash.3974 said:hf with yet another player quitting pvpno player should even think quitting pvp because of holofight a SB on side node or fight scourge and FB on mid or try to catch a thief if you did all that then we both can quit pvp

All these dodge comments… lolReally as if I wouldn’t dodge an obvious corona burst but rifle 4 isn’t so obvious as it’s a near insta cast especially when u melee the engi and that’s just the start of the cc chain. Also u don’t always have dodges available since you don’t only need to dodge their cc but also their big burst damage.

What OP is trying to say is nerf EVERYTHING because power creep.

CC, Damage, Support... you name it. This game was designed to be one thing and the expansions are making it another thing but they aren't updating the old things for the new things and we got a mishmash of broke.

Holo's are not even the worst CC spammers in the game, and prime light beam is on a 60 second cooldown.

Holo's are fine. Your frustration is with CC, as a lot of ours is, and yes it needs to be fixed. Diminishing returns, break bars, temporary immunity to disable's... doesn't matter as long as they do something before next season.

I don't really agree with Holosmith's CC nerfs. Even though I hate playing against them. CC should remain unchanged if anything ANet should look into the damage numbers or sustain because currently Holo has more sustain than Scrapper and make slight tweaks. I just don't want to see cool spec like Holo being obliterated like Dragonhunter was. Just because people don't know how to position themselves.

@"Assic.2746" said:I don't really agree with Holosmith's CC nerfs. Even though I hate playing against them. CC should remain unchanged if anything ANet should look into the damage numbers or sustain because currently Holo has more sustain than Scrapper and make slight tweaks. I just don't want to see cool spec like Holo being obliterated like Dragonhunter was. Just because people don't know how to position themselves.

Compared to the "cool" spec Dragonhunter, Holo at least needs a brain to by played. DH was only abusing placing op traps and sitting in them with pasive defenses while taking out anyone who wasn't sitting nearby to take trap dmg with high dmg shots from Lb. Yeap, that was a very cool spec and I'm almost crying it's been toned down to needing a little brain to play.

Give me back my old stability then topkek. Honestly, with one stunbreaker (that is also your strongest defensive skill) in the meta spec and no way to get stability before the enemy jumps on you or while already in cc holo is more likely to be on the receiving end of chain ccs than anything else.

Just dodge the attacks, they’re very well projected by all the flashy lights and particle effects flying all over the screen. If you aren’t running energy sigils, perma vigor and adventure runes then it’s completely your fault for not having the ability to dodge it’s skills on a 2-10s CD.

I don't like the engineers passive ability to shrink at health threshold. I mean people complain about not landing bursts on mirage because they can dodge during it while ccd but atleast they have to react and click something.

Im playing power shatter mirage right now and the engineer auto passive shrink is just as annoying as guardians aegis shield :)

@Sampson.2403 said:I don't like the engineers passive ability to shrink at health threshold. I mean people complain about not landing bursts on mirage because they can dodge during it while ccd but atleast they have to react and click something.

Im playing power shatter mirage right now and the engineer auto passive shrink is just as annoying as guardians aegis shield :)

That shrink is also a death sentence if you have conditions on them.

+10 points to Slytherin if you have heaps of confusion stacks on them when the passive procs lmao

@Rufo.3716 said:Every profession right now has some sort of annoying aspect that has no place in PvP. It's just Anet moving more and more to the PvE only part of the game.

This kinda annoys me because a lot of the stuff that PvP players have issues with aren’t used by any competent person in PvE. In fact most of the overpowered stuff in PvP at the moment could be straight up disabled across the game and the impact would be minor at best. Make no mistake these skills and traits are here for PvP and WvW players to feel good.

• 5 months later...

Yup its even more broken now with Elixrsmith Holo meta being the move now. 7seconds on invuln across 2 elixr S one on util 1 threshold. CD on that less than a minute collectively in the build due to elixrs getting lower cd's by 20%. Then you've got the permma cc/knockdowns and 1 shots not to mention 1 healing turret when palced heals their full bar. Let us not forget they can ALSO go invisible all of this while have stupid high sustain and some of the highest mobility in the game. I mean i've seen holos chase down daredevils after theyves tpd 5x so lets not act like holo is a balanced class whatsoever. Anet kitten the bed on this one and they dont even care to properly fix it. Remove invuln S util altogether or the threshold, cant be having both while being able to finish in that state and rez in that state.

Archived