Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged} - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

Comments

• GwAddict.9746GwAddict.9746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

Then have fun waiting for 3-4 days of content every 3+ months :)

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:
    Still no trailer and it has been well over 3 months already.....

Can we please go back to LWS1 schedule and content instead of the content drought that we have today?

That was too quick for me honestly.

And this is way too slow for the rest of us and we don't even know if we'll get anything this month at all. They are already over 3 months and if we take their schedule into account it is 4 eposodes (content that lasts only 3-4 days) in one year....

You realize they burnt themselves with content every two weeks and the patches weren’t even that big... they couldn’t keep the pacing up.

Season 2 got much better, but then they had to delay the two week thing again, so it was a model that didn’t work...

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GwAddict.9746 said:

You're too true to your name.

I get through the content in a week too, unless it's some dumb achievement like the one with the golems where you have to choose the right one.. I can't do that kitten.

Either way, it's a huge meme that people get so upset about this. What they should be upset about is the near complete radio silence from Anet, besides telling us that it will take a little longer.

If we go back to kitten out content like in LS1 the quality will drop severely. That would also mean no new maps, because you can't create maps that fast. No, they need to uphold the quality standard they've set for themselves with PoF.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

My money was on today, I expect nothing from them now; at this point I'll probably just log my wife an my accounts in to bank the episode and keep doing other things ( I've grown used to Gw2s absence in my day to day life, it's gotten stale for me). I've been stalled out on another character for months and I can't see that changing unless there's something to get pumped up about.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

Look sharp on your Sunspear Glider as long as it's not in episode 3, no trailer today means it won't be out even on the 12th. Now the soonest is on the 19 creaping on 3 & a half month. :#
    It's still 1:15 over so I'll hold my breath or should I? :s

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

As opposed to 2-3 hours of content every 2 weeks, with the occasional 10 hours or so of content every now and then. Season 1 might have had more frequent patches, but the new content in most of those patches was sparse.

god was it...and heaven forbid you be deployed or something. Come back only to find out you missed almost everything was freaking awesome. Still hopping they can bring the major story elements from LW1 back into the game at some point!!

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    Look sharp on your Sunspear Glider as long as it's not in episode 3, no trailer today means it won't be out even on the 12th. Now the soonest is on the 19 creaping on 3 & a half month. :#
    It's still 1:15 over so I'll hold my breath or should I?

It's more likely going to be the 26th according to that_shaman.

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    Look sharp on your Sunspear Glider as long as it's not in episode 3, no trailer today means it won't be out even on the 12th. Now the soonest is on the 19 creeping on 3 & a half month. :#
    It's still 1:15 over so I'll hold my breath or should I?

It's more likely going to be the 26th according to that_shaman.

You're getting ahead of me here, no trailer today means on the 12th at the soonest and release on the 19th, however if the trailer isn't next week then we are in trouble.
    However I was right when they said it;s on the horizon, I knew it was horse radish as in not even close. :o

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

New Tuesdays, new hopes for trailer today.
    Crossing Fingers

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

Can we please go back to LWS1 schedule and content instead of the content drought that we have today?

And this is way too slow for the rest of us and we don't even know if we'll get anything this month at all. They are already over 3 months and if we take their schedule into account it is 4 eposodes (content that lasts only 3-4 days) in one year....

speak for yourself.. quit overreacting and making out you speak for "everyone else".
    3months is not even remotely a long time in MMO space for content. We get patches, bug fixes, events, changes, nerfs and yeah new content updates on a pretty regular, timely basis. Sometimes stuff happens, sometimes players want something done about something fast or something might need fixing fast.. all that doesn't happen out of thin air.
    And yeah they maybe holding back a little in prep for E3, so what cant be anything other than good for the game if E3 offers a platform for ANET to promote.

Take a walk, go see friends and family.. GW2 will still be here when you get back.. waiting a few weeks extra for some content is not the end of the world.. honest, you will survive this!

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

speak for yourself.. quit overreacting and making out you speak for "everyone else".
    3months is not even remotely a long time in MMO space for content. We get patches, bug fixes, events, changes, nerfs and yeah new content updates on a pretty regular, timely basis. Sometimes stuff happens, sometimes players want something done about something fast or something might need fixing fast.. all that doesn't happen out of thin air.
    And yeah they maybe holding back a little in prep for E3, so what cant be anything other than good for the game if E3 offers a platform for ANET to promote.

Take a walk, go see friends and family.. GW2 will still be here when you get back.. waiting a few weeks extra for some content is not the end of the world.. honest, you will survive this!

/Dies of content drought :tongue:

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

They're only at E3 for business meetings, they have no presence on the floor at all and no presentations or announcements planned.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

How does one promote a game from a closed room, they obviously aren't catering to any gamers during E3?

As has been drilled into my head E3 isn't about promoting anything, it's about wheeling and dealing this time around.

• Arioch.6507Arioch.6507 Member ✭✭

Maybe some of the folks who are bored, could check out another game....I hear that Bless is hot right now....

I don't expect anything, this week they're more concerned about business. I'd like there to be trailer but I don't really think that's going to happen. Besides why should they be in a rush when all the new Bless players are still working their way through the old content, our money was already spent and their money is still fresh so I imagine it would be smarter to keep the new people engaged by not flooding them with new content (that's just going to get them rushing through the game spending less time here which means less opportunities to get Gem purchases from them).

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

People are blowing this bless thing way out of proportion. And I was hopeful we would get a trailer today but apparently season 12 pvp season begins today? So now it’s pretty much assured we won’t get a trailer today, just an announcement that the season has begun and a gemstore item.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    How does one promote a game from a closed room, they obviously aren't catering to any gamers during E3?

By relying on the invitees to promote it for them.

• Kong.3280Kong.3280 Member ✭✭✭

Better delayed than rushed and problem ridden. I say take your time and give us a quality update.

FREE ports within Not So Secret jumping puzzle! Chest, Dive Completion, Legendary Weapon Collections. Contact me anytime.

edited June 12, 2018

I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

I will say this though, this game ran a lot better when MO was at the wheel. Lets look at MO's track record perfectly executed LW Season 3 with a fast turn around time on Path of Fire.

Mike Z, Episode 2 late, Episode 3 might as well be my pizza that was already 2 hours late and got delivered to the wrong house.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

I'm so disappointed for this delay...
    Oh well, see ya next tuesday for another chance....

edited June 12, 2018

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

I will say this though, this game ran a lot better when MO was at the wheel. Lets look at MO's track record perfectly executed LW Season 3 with a fast turn around time on Path of Fire.

Mike Z, Episode 2 late, Episode 3 might as well be my pizza that was already 2 hours late and got delivered to the wrong house.

Colin's was even better. LWS1 was one of the most fun I've ever had. Every 2-4 weeks we had something to do whether it's new achievements, new festivals (queen's jubilee, dragon bash, festival of four winds, etc), Marionette fight or something else. There was so much to do. The current living story schedule absolutely sucks in comparison and is having a negative impact.

edited June 12, 2018

@Susy.7529 said:
    I'm so disappointed for this delay...
    Oh well, see ya next tuesday for another chance....

It's completely useless to keep hoping at this point unless they keep us updated. All that we got about episode 3 was a vague message 2 weeks ago and nothing since then....

edited June 12, 2018

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Colin's was even better. LWS1 was one of the most fun I've ever had. Every 2-4 weeks we had something to do whether it's new achievements, new festivals (queen's jubilee, dragon bash, festival of four winds, etc), Marionette fight or something else. There was so much to do. The current living story schedule absolutely sucks in comparison and is having a negative impact.

They better release trailer next week and patch on June 26th like that shaman said or complains will be much greater than now...

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

They're only at E3 for business meetings, they have no presence on the floor at all and no presentations or announcements planned.

I said maybe.. In the context of.. it doesn't matter either way. The update will arrive when it's ready. Those crying day after day this past few weeks just cos they haven't seen a trailer or the update hasn't landed yet - just need to take a couple of kalma pills, wash them down with a glass of your favourite drink and chill the heck out. Some of you are talking like its the end of the world or that your lives depended on ANET delivering the update naowww!!

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

They better release trailer next week and patch on June 26th like that shaman said or complains will be much greater than now...

You mean from the same few right here that seemingly have nothing else to fill their days with.... #sadfaces

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

You mean from the same few right here that seemingly have nothing else to fill their days with.... #sadfaces

No I meant from people that trusted that shaman's guess and stayed silent all this time but they will explode if that June 26th date isn't observed.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

All criticisms/complaints that they'll receive is justified. They had already delayed episode 2 by a week (and they notified it) but now the delay is out of control since they keep us waiting without any information or communication in the last 2 weeks regarding. We don't even know if we'll get the long awaited episode this month since it "will be outside of their release cadence".

This is a very critical time since Anet have a lot of competition in this genre (mainly due to 3 other big MMOs I'll not name) and long delays like this hurts the game badly.

OMG the delay is now almost 3wks old.. it's out of control.. someone get da police.
    Seriously... 3months, 4months so what.. take a look at other MMO's where a year or more for content is not unheard of, yet players still play them, the sky hasn't fallen, the apocalypse hasn't happened and guess what - ANET delaying a little bit of content isn't going to change any of that.

That's the problem with giving players dates and schedules, no matter what someone is always going to cry foul as if the sky really is going to fall because of it.

Their populations are not very healthy though, even a game like WoW see's steep drop offs in subscriptions after the end of an expansion cycle.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

Hope is the first step on a road to disappointment.

I haven't expected anything. I didn't get disappointed.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    this week they're more concerned about business.

Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.
    The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

Something to consider guys, these LW teams are separate, episode 3 could be late, however we could could have a smaller gap now between 3 and 4.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tyson.5160 said:
    Something to consider guys, these LW teams are separate, episode 3 could be late, however we could could have a smaller gap now between 3 and 4.

Nah. The excuse for LW 4-3 being late isn't "it's taking too long to make", it's "we're changing something that will affect our content development and delivery". This will hit all of the LW teams. That means everything gets shifted back some to adjust, we're just seeing the majority of the overall shift right now.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Here's a funny thought, what if Episode 3 is delayed so much they release Episode 4 because it's ready?

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    Here's a funny thought, what if Episode 3 is delayed so much they release Episode 4 because it's ready?

Back in season 3, it was taking them 6-7 months to develop an episode (it's now 9-11 months). By the time episode 3 releases, assuming June 26, it will have been 7 months since episode 1. Episode 4 could actually be complete by then, but they'd still delay it by ~3 months, otherwise team 3 would lose that much development time on their next episode.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Healix.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Back in season 3, it was taking them 6-7 months to develop an episode (it's now 9-11 months). By the time episode 3 releases, assuming June 26, it will have been 7 months since episode 1. Episode 4 could actually be complete by then, but they'd still delay it by ~3 months, otherwise team 3 would lose that much development time on their next episode.

Where are you getting the 9-11 months?

@Astralporing.1957 said:
    Hope is the first step on a road to disappointment.

I haven't expected anything. I didn't get disappointed.

^ This.. plenty more things to do in game. If not then surely life has plenty of offerings for you outside the computer screen.. maybe

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

This began to burn way before I expected...
    I suppose it is logical, since they didn't do ANYTHING for the fans in E3.
    I understand they (probably) were never going to do anything, but frankly it is a very bad idea to acknowledge publicly about assisting to a massive event so famous for its big announcements for players, without having anything to show. They could have maintained a low profile instead, don't they?
    IDK, I'm not exactly rushed about the new episode, but when you add the E3 lack of anything interesting, it sure seems like a little fiasco.

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

So we are getting longer episodes, better quality episodes (s3 was an inconsistent mish mash), a realisation that this requires a bit more time to make and to quash bugs....and this is meant to representing poor direction?

It is a few weeks late to keep the quality up. This is a good thing.

I just cant fathom complaints over content being slightly longer in lead times (by a miniscule amount no less) in an industry where pretty much every major product gets delayed.

I don't know about you but the story writing has been terribly inconsistent; plot holes and missing characters left and right. They can't seem to focus on a direction to take the story and imho, the quality has be going downhill.

Everyone will have a different view of quality in their eyes but, game performance in general has been horrible in new maps since POF, again inconsistent story writing/other story issues, and most of the content has very little replay value outside of grinding for legendary skins. The gem store items and mount skin focus is getting incredibly frustrating.

edited June 12, 2018

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Where are you getting the 9-11 months?

If they continue with 3 months between episodes, 3 teams means they have 9 months to prepare each episode. The first 3 episodes potentially had more than that however, but it's impossible to know when exactly they started, only when each team was finished with season 3. The last episode by team 3 was 11 months ago (10 months for 1 and 2), so they've potentially had up to 11 months, hence 9-11. That time could have gone to many other places however, such as shifting the teams temporarily to the expansion or they could have spent months just planning out the ideas for season 4.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Did they publically acknowledge or did the E3 organization just simply list their name?

Their head of global marketing, the same guy who recently said they weren't announcing anything at E3, posted several times in the E3 topic ~3 months ago on reddit, though nothing directly related to E3. They could have said something back then, but they want people to build hype.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

Its not a content drought guys its just the time between episodes.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.