How could a rev only player ended up rank#2 during mesmer meta?

there are some people only commited to one profession, and they try to improve as much as possible. We know that.

But, the fact that mesmers are everywhere after high tiers of plat. makes really hard to play as a rev. Obvious reasons of Anet's mesmer supremacy and weak defense of rev against mesmer are the biggest issues on this.I mean you get 2-3 mesmers in enemy team per game this season, and how this guy was able to made his way to the top?I've been in games with him, with and against. Saw him playing, but it's not enough to explain winning games against condi spam builds such as; thief,mesmer and scourge.

It's a pain for me to play rev on this damn condi meta. And I have to say, If you didn't wintrade or cheat sir, I salute you...

You seem to forget something : the meta at top level is much more different than on lower level.You will rarely face the current plague setup ( 2 mesmers 2 scourges firebrand )on plat 3 level because 5 people from teams know how to handle these builds and are going to counter.On average level ( gold 3), you mostly face that setup with crappy ones, and it takes one mistake or one player to lose the match..

It's much easier for a good rev to play and win with and against good players, than for an average( even good) rev to play and win with and against average players.

I didn't cheat or wintrade, tbh rev was rly good this season because it's only bad against condi mes and condi thief and every mes was chrono cancer instead of condi cancer and rev was one of the only class able to 2v1 them kinda easily imo and most condi thieves just insta steal into my dodge spam all the time LUL. I was around 1800-1820 rating for the whole season and then I just got a really lucky win streak at the end hehe

@Pouloulou.9053 said:I didn't cheat or wintrade, tbh rev was rly good this season because it's only bad against condi mes and condi thief and every mes was chrono cancer instead of condi cancer and rev was one of the only class able to 2v1 them kinda easily imo and most condi thieves just insta steal into my dodge spam all the time LUL. I was around 1800-1820 rating for the whole season and then I just got a really lucky win streak at the end hehe

Yeah rev was actually really good this season against power builds. I saw you in a few matches and you did really well. Congratulations!

@Abazigal.3679 said:You seem to forget something : the meta at top level is much more different than on lower level.You will rarely face the current plague setup ( 2 mesmers 2 scourges firebrand )on plat 3 level because 5 people from teams know how to handle these builds and are going to counter.On average level ( gold 3), you mostly face that setup with crappy ones, and it takes one mistake or one player to lose the match..

It's much easier for a good rev to play and win with and against good players, than for an average( even good) rev to play and win with and against average players.

Well, not really.I also ended up in top 100 in this season and been in many games with good players. I can say that its so rare to find a match without a mesmer. And most of the games I lost were against double mesmers. Of course, it could be related to personal mistakes or such but still no one can deny the supremacy of mesmer at this moment.

For ex-main revenant player myself, I was so angry cuz I was forced to play something else due to current meta. I was enjoying playing rev, but not anymore. Still seeing a guy who only plays rev on this meta and be successful in leaderboards is the reason I've opened this thread. I think he deserves first spot lol.

@Pouloulou.9053 said:I didn't cheat or wintrade, tbh rev was rly good this season because it's only bad against condi mes and condi thief and every mes was chrono cancer instead of condi cancer and rev was one of the only class able to 2v1 them kinda easily imo and most condi thieves just insta steal into my dodge spam all the time LUL. I was around 1800-1820 rating for the whole season and then I just got a really lucky win streak at the end hehe

Then congratulations to you, sir! :) Well done!

Staying true to your class no matter the odds.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Imo vebryan deserved the spot but at least it ain’t a mesmer main but one of us revs. Too bad didn’t deny boosted mesmer monkey the r1 though.

I agree, vebryan is better than me, I guess I just got a bit more lucky with matchmaking. I hope he's gonna get top 1, 2, or 3 next season because he really deserves it in my opinion and I don't think he got it in previous seasons

This is inspiring.

tfw people accuse you of cheating if they see you as a rev with a plat badge because rev sucks so if you have over a certain elo you must be hacking.

I've stated before in the rev forums: Rev is underpowered, but not half as bad as a lot of the lesser skilled members of the community think it is. The problem is that the skill floor of Revenant happens to be higher than the skill ceiling of some of the other specs, so you really can't play rev effectively unless you have some decent knowledge of the meta. People keep suggesting insane buffs for Revenant like "Weapon skills cost no energy" without understanding that this would let the class spam a lot of our utility skills on recharge. The class needs buffs, just not that.

Archived