Can I get some help with choosing the right stats?

Hi there, as we all know, good armor is pretty expensive or time consuming to get. Recently I got interested into playing my elementalist as a tempest healer with staff. The thing is, I play all game modes, and sometimes its better to change stats for different gamemodes. So I need somethine that doesn't have to be the best in a single gamemode, but at least somewhat usefull in all. I allready have an ascended marauder set, but I don't want to change that using the mystic forge, because I love playing weaver too.

To get to the point:-I would like some advice about what stats to choose (minstrel, marshal, magi, whatever healling thing works)

• When i work up to get the armor i need, is it better to use exotics of the right stat or my ascended marauder set?
  • I tried it out in pvp using the menders amulet. is there any way to get those stats and would that be useful?

If you give advice, please explain why. I'd love to get a better understanding about these things too. :D

Thanks in advance for any help i get :D

Magi works best on tempest in pve. Minstrel in wvw. However, if you play only with staff, you'll be fine in wvw even with magi, but having some cleric trinkets could help a lot in survivability. You dont need anything more than exotic on healing focused build, although, ascended trinkets are very easy to farm with LS3 currencies/laurels/guild commendations/fractal relics so it'd be a waste not to have those at least.

While farming just use the mara armor with a dps build until you get the full healing set. There's no point of healing with dps gear since your heals are bad and your damage is non-existant due to traits and skills. There's also no point of playing heal build for soloing stuff.

Pvp has its own gear and play style so it's irrelevant for "gear grinding".

@"Nup.4591" said:Hi there, as we all know, good armor is pretty expensive or time consuming to get. Recently I got interested into playing my elementalist as a tempest healer with staff. The thing is, I play all game modes, and sometimes its better to change stats for different gamemodes. So I need somethine that doesn't have to be the best in a single gamemode, but at least somewhat usefull in all. I allready have an ascended marauder set, but I don't want to change that using the mystic forge, because I love playing weaver too.

To get to the point:-I would like some advice about what stats to choose (minstrel, marshal, magi, whatever healling thing works)

• When i work up to get the armor i need, is it better to use exotics of the right stat or my ascended marauder set?
  • I tried it out in pvp using the menders amulet. is there any way to get those stats and would that be useful?

If you give advice, please explain why. I'd love to get a better understanding about these things too. :D

Thanks in advance for any help i get :D

The healer Tempest I run is not exactly META but it manages really well in most situations.I find fractal content as the only healer is probably the best environment. It's not "the best" build but it's almost completely fool proof and can help carry any pug in t4s and CMsGear - (ascended)

• Magi armor - 6 pieces.
  • Harrier trinkets.
  • Harrier staff
  • Superior Rune of the Water (x6)
  • Superior Sigil of Transference
  • Superior Sigil of Benevolence

With food you have about 70% boon duration (food is cheap for this build).Use all shouts for auras; Unstable Conduit trait to constantly apply auras through overloads. Invigorating Torrents provides permanent vigor and regen uptime.Strong heal skill, every shout heals (within range) and Rebound is a lifesaver if someone is out of position or about to cause party wipe.

Archived