New job and uni. help pick a main!

So I don't have time to play all my characters as much as I use to anymore which makes me sad, because i am an altoholic.I am trying to pick a main class to focus on and will be playing with 2-3 friends but mostly solo. My friends play 2 guardians and a Mesmer. Now the question is what should I be maining. I want to be able to All PvE content happily and not get kicked from Pugs. I have no main atm. I've narrowed it down to between 2 classes, Warrior and Ranger!I will be wanting to do fractals/dungeons/raids, but will also like to be viable for WvW and PvP.

I would really like to be able to pick one and stick with it. Something for the long haul as it were. Thanks in advance!

Either of those is a fine choice. They are both part of the "meta" for raiding, and are competent and capable classes. Both are viable for WvW and PvP, as well as all the open world content.

Personally I found the ranger the easier of the two when I have limited time, because of pet tanking in the open world making it much easier to solo things, but that may also be a player skill issue. Ultimately, though, both are fine, and it comes down to which you prefer playing.

When it comes to end game pve content (raids and fractals) , warrior is either a dps(power or condition damage) or a dps support (buffs). Ranger on the other hand, the main and most needed roll is basicaly playing a "Healer, support" bringing alot of great buffs (similar to warrior), and boons. It can also be played as dps, but its not as popular and needed as playing support.In pvp both are realy good atm, however when it comes to wvw, ranger wont see much play in "zerg fights(50+ vs 50+)" however he can still be good for roaming.Warrior on other hand is good for both roaming and zerging, due to insane boon removal.

Archived