New Player, just boosted and looking for some feedback.

madsieb.5674

So I just boosted a Mesmer and i'm trying out a Clone Mirage build, I currently have only 30 HP into the Mirage tree, i'm using a trading post gear set called Norgu's with full Balthazar runes, and the starter weapon for Mirage(axe). When I went and did my DPS test in the arena i'm pushing in between 10k-10.5kish on my dps tests. My questions is simple, am I doing well in regards to my gear and having boosted 2 days ago (absolute new player), or should I be much higher in the sample tests than what I am currently. Any feedback is helpful, be nice!

@"madsieb.5674" said:So I just boosted a Mesmer and i'm trying out a Clone Mirage build, I currently have only 30 HP into the Mirage tree, i'm using a trading post gear set called Norgu's with full Balthazar runes, and the starter weapon for Mirage(axe). When I went and did my DPS test in the arena i'm pushing in between 10k-10.5kish on my dps tests. My questions is simple, am I doing well in regards to my gear and having boosted 2 days ago (absolute new player), or should I be much higher in the sample tests than what I am currently. Any feedback is helpful, be nice!

Please don't use the gear and equipment you get from level 80 boosters. It reduces your DPS by a large margin.

Start from level 1, learn how to play your profession and level up properly. Using a level 80 booster is a horrible way to start playing the game.

For crafting professions, you need one for crafting gear (tailor) and one for crafting weapons (weaponsmith). Use this site for crafting gear in order to not waste crafting materials. The highest crafting level is 500 which at that point you should consider crafting berserker gear and berserker weapons.

Berserker gear is the most recommended gear when it comes to PvE as it can achieve the highest possible damage for every profession.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"madsieb.5674" said:So I just boosted a Mesmer and i'm trying out a Clone Mirage build, I currently have only 30 HP into the Mirage tree, i'm using a trading post gear set called Norgu's with full Balthazar runes, and the starter weapon for Mirage(axe). When I went and did my DPS test in the arena i'm pushing in between 10k-10.5kish on my dps tests. My questions is simple, am I doing well in regards to my gear and having boosted 2 days ago (absolute new player), or should I be much higher in the sample tests than what I am currently. Any feedback is helpful, be nice!

Please don't use the gear and equipment you get from level 80 boosters. It reduces your DPS by a large margin.

Start from level 1, learn how to play your profession and level up properly. Using a level 80 booster is a horrible way to start playing the game.

For crafting professions, you need one for crafting gear (tailor) and one for crafting weapons (weaponsmith). Use this
for crafting gear in order to not waste crafting materials. The highest crafting level is 500 which at that point you should consider crafting berserker gear and berserker weapons.

Berserker gear is the most recommended gear when it comes to PvE as it can achieve the highest possible damage for every profession.

I appreciate the tips, but I wasn't asking for any of what you pointed out. I understand the whole level to 80 concept and work throughout the class. I'm asking about how i'm doing atm in relation to the information given. Currently im only talking about dps, Im gonna take this char through each zone and story quests as an 80, which Is why im bypassing the 1-80 situation.

@madsieb.5674 said:

@madsieb.5674 said:So I just boosted a Mesmer and i'm trying out a Clone Mirage build, I currently have only 30 HP into the Mirage tree, i'm using a trading post gear set called Norgu's with full Balthazar runes, and the starter weapon for Mirage(axe). When I went and did my DPS test in the arena i'm pushing in between 10k-10.5kish on my dps tests. My questions is simple, am I doing well in regards to my gear and having boosted 2 days ago (absolute new player), or should I be much higher in the sample tests than what I am currently. Any feedback is helpful, be nice!

For crafting professions, you need one for crafting gear (tailor) and one for crafting weapons (weaponsmith). Use this
for crafting gear in order to not waste crafting materials. The highest crafting level is 500 which at that point you should consider crafting berserker gear and berserker weapons.

I appreciate the tips, but I wasn't asking for any of what you pointed out. I understand the whole level to 80 concept and work throughout the class. I'm asking about how i'm doing atm in relation to the information given. Currently im only talking about dps, Im gonna take this char through each zone and story quests as an 80, which Is why im bypassing the 1-80 situation.

Since you're a Mirage mesmer, you could use viper gear and weapons. Mirage is a condition specialization which is why I recommend you use condition gear and weapons to deal the most effective damage.

@madsieb.5674 said:So I just boosted a Mesmer and i'm trying out a Clone Mirage build, I currently have only 30 HP into the Mirage tree, i'm using a trading post gear set called Norgu's with full Balthazar runes, and the starter weapon for Mirage(axe). When I went and did my DPS test in the arena i'm pushing in between 10k-10.5kish on my dps tests. My questions is simple, am I doing well in regards to my gear and having boosted 2 days ago (absolute new player), or should I be much higher in the sample tests than what I am currently. Any feedback is helpful, be nice!

7-10k dps self-buffed only will chew through open world enemies easily and even allow you to beat most group event timers solo.

If it's 10k with all the buffs allowed in the training area then you should reevaluate your build.

Kas said it well, there are no benchmarks for the gear you have and scaling is hard to do in this game because everything affects everything.

I'd say check out a rotation from metabattle.com and see how well you can roll with it. Mesmer is an unforgiving archetype so if you make mistakes it'll show in your dps.

Inb4 people rip their trousers about always suggesting meta: the OP is asking for dps advise after two days of playing, it's pretty clear what their priorities are.

Archived