Scourges are annoying to play against

Aodlop.1907

Even if you beat them it's not a fun experienceAnd there's at least one necro in both teams every single match, sometimes 2

Let's go for a drinking gameGo queue ranked arenas and take a shot every time there are 2 necros or more in a game, it'll be a fun experience for your kidney I'm sure

The problem is anet would rather nerf numbers instead of nerf function/utility, when it's exactly the overloaded utilitarian aspect of certain specs that makes most OP things in the game OP. There are too many abilities in the game that do way too much at once. Ever since PoF power creep we are seeing more and more skills that are loaded up with things like "Instant cast gain 3 boon + convert 2 condis + daze all enemies + gain an aura + area of effect + cannot be blocked + cannot be evaded + cannot be countered in any way + you and your allies are invulnerable for 5 seconds + pulse damage on target area + can be traited to heal you and refill endurance + oh hell you just win the game by pressing this one skill gg".

I'm obviously exaggerating but you get the point. When every skill does everything, then spam becomes meta.

@Aodlop.1907 said:Even if you beat them it's not a fun experienceAnd there's at least one necro in both teams every single match, sometimes 2

Let's go for a drinking gameGo queue ranked arenas and take a shot every time there are 2 necros or more in a game, it'll be a fun experience for your kidney I'm sure

What's funny is that when I get on my ranger or deadeye, I love seeing necros. It's almost a 100-0 fight.

Mesmer is equally lopsided in total, but may take some damage in the process. If I play warrior, it's 50/50 if they stow weapon/kite/corrupt properly. Guardian is also pretty even. Engie depends on the build and cooldowns. If everything is up on the engie and they land first strike/cc, they can 100-0 the necro. If not and scourge gets first crack, then they can equally own the engie. The same happens for revenant. Rev's can instagib the necro at the start of matches or can be condi'd to death in a team fight.

What profession are you having so much problem with fighting a scourge?

If you really want to damage your kidneys, why don't you drink every time you see a mesmer.

@Aodlop.1907 said:Even if you beat them it's not a fun experienceAnd there's at least one necro in both teams every single match, sometimes 2

condi is pain that is a painful truth but did you try to figh the new hybrid mirage its the true definition of pain for me i ll rather fight 2 scourges

@"pah.4931" said:The problem is that they they don't need to be nerfed. They need to be redesigned. The idea is even bad on paper. Not sure how this elite spec made it out of the "white board" phase.

I feel like the same could be said for a few of the elite specs, scourge is definitely in contention for my least favorite design.

Aside from being miserable to play against taking away shroud is so sad...

Archived