End Of Season Rewards

I forgot if there have ever been end of season rewards that were outside the pip/ranking up system. I think it would be cool to give some incentive to players to rank up. The pip system is pretty generous, but I think it would be nice to get a few extra ascended shards of glory and stuff like that related to pvp.

EDIT: These End of Season Rewards could be just shards and items that don't effect any specific game economy. So no gold, or dyes etc. It would be simply pvp related items.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:So essentially a partipation
trophy
reward?

Not quite. I’m pretty sure the idea is higher rewards for higher divisions.

Yes this. It would be based on where you end up at the end of the season. Which would actually give decay a purpose. If you have played Overwatch at all it would pretty much act like getting competitive points at the end of the season.

This would allow PvP players to get legendary armor at an okay rate and give incentive for players to actively play more. Plus if it just rewarded just Ascended Shards you would not have to worry about liquid gold being injected into the economy through rewarding gold/dyes etc.

I mean technically you already get participation rewards by the pip system.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

trophy
reward?

But the reward for reaching a higher division is faster progression in the pip system.

But that reward only benefits players who can reach those tiers plat. I am in gold 3 so I have normal progression, but there are a lot of players in silver or below. I am not saying everyone gets the same amount of items. It would definitely be based on end of season rank.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

trophy
reward?

But the reward for reaching a higher division is faster progression in the pip system.

But that reward only benefits players who can reach
those tiers
plat. I am in gold 3 so I have normal progression, but there are a lot of players in silver or below. I am not saying everyone gets the same amount of items. It would definitely be based on end of season rank.

I guess I’m not seeing why there needs to be an additional reward system for those that progressed in their skill ratings. One issue I could see this causing is that players would intentionally tank their first ten matches after the seasonal soft reset in order to get more of these rewards as they favor those with the lower rankings.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

trophy
reward?

those tiers
plat. I am in gold 3 so I have normal progression, but there are a lot of players in silver or below. I am not saying everyone gets the same amount of items. It would definitely be based on end of season rank.

I guess I’m not seeing why there needs to be an additional reward system for those that progressed in their skill ratings. One issue I could see this causing is that players would intentionally tank their first ten matches after the seasonal soft reset in order to get more of these rewards as they favor those with the lower rankings.

That would not be possible. This would be a one time reward given at the end of the season. A one time reward.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

trophy
reward?

those tiers

That would not be possible. This would be a one time reward given at the end of the season. A one time reward.

Yeah. They tank their ranking at the beginning, for however much the first ten games contribute, and then go back to their usual and gain the rewards. I remember people intentionally tanking in the earlier seasons although I can’t remember if was for a similar reason or something different.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

trophy
reward?

those tiers

Yeah. They tank their ranking at the beginning, for however much the first ten games contribute, and then go back to their usual and gain the rewards. I remember people intentionally tanking in the earlier seasons although I can’t remember if was for a similar reason or something different.

At this point I don't think you are understanding how this works. The only factor that accounts for what you get is where you finish at the end of the season. That final number be it 900 or 1700 is the only thing that determines what you get. No games contribute at all. Only your final rating. There would be no advantage of tanking as that would mean if you tanked and fell farther or did not climb out of where you tanked you get less rewards.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"omgdracula.6345" said:It would function similar to these

The equaivalent of that would be giving players who won the most games extra rewards based on predesignated tiers of wins.

Again there are no tiers or wins. Matches played, tanking placements etc has 0 to do with it. Only where you end up at the end of the season.

If player A plays their 10 placements and places in silver they get 100 points when the season ends. If Player B plays 500 matches and finishes in silver they also get 100 points plus all the chests from the pip system you would normally get.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

trophy
reward?

those tiers

At this point I don't think you are understanding how this works. The only factor that accounts for what you get is where you finish at the end of the season. That final number be it 900 or 1700 is the only thing that determines what you get. No games contribute at all. Only your final rating. There would be no advantage of tanking as that would mean if you tanked and fell farther or did not climb out of where you tanked you get less rewards.

Ok. Somewhere i interpreted it as you were wanting rewards based on how much someone progressed as in someone coming from the bottom to the top would get more than someone who automatically started at the top. If that’s not the case then I don’t really have an objection to the thing itself.

However, I still don’t see the need for an additional reward system on top of the PvP reward tracks and the league system when it’s active. How fluid are the skill ratings anyway once you’re established?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

trophy
reward?

those tiers

Ok. Somewhere i interpreted it as you were wanting rewards based on how much someone progressed as in someone coming from the bottom to the top would get more than someone who automatically started at the top. If that’s not the case then I don’t really have an objection to the thing itself.

However, I still don’t see the need for an additional reward system on top of the PvP reward tracks and the league system when it’s active. How fluid are the skill ratings anyway once you’re established?

Glad we are on the same page. As I said the pip system is generous, so there would be no additional gold needed or anything. It would strictly just be ascended shards so that players that do pvp mostly but have less play time don't fall way behind say crafting legendary gear etc. It wouldn't be some massive rewards. But atm there really is no reason for players to do well which I think is just as bad.

For example, I could just play pvp and not care about winning or just afk farm games here and there since I get pips anyway. There are pros and cons to both.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

trophy
reward?

those tiers

Glad we are on the same page. As I said the pip system is generous, so there would be no additional gold needed or anything. It would strictly just be ascended shards so that players that do pvp mostly but have less play time don't fall way behind say crafting legendary gear etc. It wouldn't be some massive rewards. But atm there really is no reason for players to do well which I think is just as bad.

For example, I could just play pvp and not care about winning or just afk farm games here and there since I get pips anyway. There are pros and cons to both.

Except if Anet were to add rewards, I don’t see them adding enough to each “tier” to make it worth it for players to make an effort. That’s one of the reasons that I was originally against this. Another reason being that we already have two reward systems for such a narrow part of the game. But that’s just my opinion.

• ArenaNet Staff

@omgdracula.6345 said:I forgot if there have ever been end of season rewards that were outside the pip/ranking up system. I think it would be cool to give some incentive to players to rank up. The pip system is pretty generous, but I think it would be nice to get a few extra ascended shards of glory and stuff like that related to pvp.

EDIT: These End of Season Rewards could be just shards and items that don't effect any specific game economy. So no gold, or dyes etc. It would be simply pvp related items.

We've talked adding rewards for each rank you reach. We might do this eventually, but it's a ways down the road.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@omgdracula.6345 said:I forgot if there have ever been end of season rewards that were outside the pip/ranking up system. I think it would be cool to give some incentive to players to rank up. The pip system is pretty generous, but I think it would be nice to get a few extra ascended shards of glory and stuff like that related to pvp.

We've talked adding rewards for each rank you reach. We might do this eventually, but it's a ways down the road.

Thanks for the reply Ben. If you placed say Gold. I assume the rewards from the first two divisions would be given as well. IIRC that is how the initial pip system worked?

like everything else :thinking:

I think this is a cool idea, but I hope something is done about placement matches before/when this is implemented (if it DOES get implemented).

I think this is good idea, and i don’t know why anet doesn’t implement it as soon as possible.

Right now the only reason to tryhard is to get title, and make no mistake this is good reason to do, but let’s admit it, not everyone can reach top 250, for casual people in gold and below there’s no reason to tryhard to reach for example gold 3 instead of gold 1, bot gave you same badge, no additional rewards and title..

So i think with this idea, casual people will have reason to be better in pvp, and overall make the competitive aspect better

Edit: or if anet is reluctant on adding more rewards, how about if there’s differentiation in badge for each rank division, so for example plat 1 will have different badge than plat 3, like in military badge you can add symbol beside the badge or anything.

@Namless.4028 said:Maybe achievement points?Obsidian weapons would also be niceGold silver and bronze llamas could also be an option

Those would all work. I think rewards that work towards those weapons or if you are top 250 you get 1 or 2 boxes of your choice. It would be best to keep these strictly items that would not affect the economy in anyway. So these are all good ideas. Repeatable achievements would be awesome based on rank!

Archived