Giving the weaver a weaving mechanic

I always had a love/hate relationship to my elementalist, partly due to nostalgic and partly due to that I feel forced to try to utilize as many elements as possiboe in a fight.

Reasonly my interest have been sparked by the weaver spec.I just feel that Anet missed an oppotunity here, so this is my suggestion.

As a weaver you got your three main abilities using your “first element”, then you got your two secondary abilities using your “second element”.

When you want to change your main abilities, you use F1-4 as usual, triggering a global CD aswell as a longer CD for the picked element.

But here comed the weaving... currently we are used to queing our elements rather than weaving them, with only the dual skills being weaved.

Holding shift and pressing F1-4 will change your secondary element. This will allow for more weaving and less queing, still the primery element is on a longer CD, so “Unravel” is still relevant.

This is ofc more macro-management, but imo also allows a better flow and freedom of choice in the heat of the battle.

It might also kinda dumb it down, since one do need to think ahead and plan, so everything gots its pro and cons.But still would like this option more than the current queing :)

I think at this point it is what it is, but I also thought it would've been nice to have had an F5 that alters the baseline behavior. Namely, an F5 on a 10 sec cd that turns weaving on and off, so you could elect to attune to full elements or two elements, both cases having the global cd mechanic. Then just make Unravel into a stance that sheds conditions every second while active.

@reikken.4961 said:that would certainly be nice, but that's a huge change that adds a lot of power.

really they just need to buff unravel. by a lot. It's massively underwhelming

or make f5 an instant unravel (as opposed to a stance with a duration)

I would take the unravel, weave self, and Elements of Rage, and replace them with another build concept. Rage is a huge problem, because it actively encourages returning to double fire as often as possible, and Unravel is literally designed with that trait in mind. The buffs of Weave self are decent concept, but the power buff demands you cycle through all your skills fast (cuz timer), rather then be well delivered, which disrupts the choices for attunment.

What I'd like to see a modified approach to lingering attunement, which rewards navigating other attunements with a boost to your current attunments. The trouble though is devising a system that doesn't explicitly reward twin attunement, but not discourage it at the same time. However, the intended goal is to create a type of behavior that grants a reworked Perfect Weave as a reward, and encourages maintaining it for increased performance. Unfortunately the most difficult part is convincing the meta that theres a damage option while passing through Water....... so there'd be something in the rotation to make it worth the effort. Despite its design, Weavers always avoid water until it needs the utility. And thats not something you want them to do with this particular spec.

My favorite suggestion for how to "fix" weavers clunkiness is just assigning our weapon swap button, a button we currently have no use for, to swap between switching our main or offhand weapon when we attune our elements, on a short cooldown, maybe the 2-3 second area, four tops.

@"Conncept.7638" said:My favorite suggestion for how to "fix" weavers clunkiness is just assigning our weapon swap button, a button we currently have no use for, to swap between switching our main or offhand weapon when we attune our elements, on a short cooldown, maybe the 2-3 second area, four tops.

Rather good solution right there

• 2 weeks later...

Archived