Any way to revert crafting mistake? Share your fails

ONko.7460

Hi,by chance, is there any way to ask ArenaNet to revert crafting mistakes? I accidentally crafted 2 Spiritwood Focus Cores instead of Scepter Cores, costing a total about 30g. Seems that the game is indeed telling me to focus more. I think there's not much I can do other than scrape up those golds again (I know it's not much for lots of players, but for me 30g is quite a deal).

I'm sure there are more and worse crafting or other mistakes that you guys made, can you share so I don't feel so silly here?Thanks :)

@Cleopatra.4068 said:I doubt they will revert your crafting mistakes. But I've definitely made some. Crafting like 50 wood dowels instead of wood planks comes to mind. Lol.

Classic mistake that I've done more times than I want to think about..@OP: Try opening a ticket, Anet have been known to sometimes fix such things in the past, but the only way to find out is by asking them.

Support is often understanding when it comes to things like that. Put in a ticket, and politely ask if you could have the focus cores replaced with the scepter cores. Do keep in mind, though, that support is still a bit backed up, so you could be waiting a while.

I don't think I've ever crafted the wrong thing before, but I have done really dumb things such as accidentally buying 250 lumps of primordium instead of 25.

I tend to be relatively careful with crafting, so I haven't really made any "epic" mistakes. Worst I can remember doing is creating a large batch of the wrong type of dowel (the lower quality instead of the masterwork quality) while I was trying to make a bunch of stuff to clear inventory to sell. I was still able to sell 'em to make a bit of gold, just not as much as I would have made had I made the right type and made rare weapons from them.

When crafting Viper's gear, I made 5 times the amount of patches I needed. ANet refunded me the mats, so I could start again (I, of course, had to delete the original patches).

How it came about:

• Exotic inscriptions require 5 dowels & insignia 5 patches.
  • The recipe for weapons produces a single Oric-plated dowel; that for armor produces 5 patches.

As you can imagine, I'm not the first to make that mistake :(

Crafting an exotic insignia to change stats an ascended aquabreather in the mystic forge, only to realize you can't change stats on aquabreathers. Then later crafting armor with those stats and forgetting I had the insignia in my bank (meaning I crafted 1 too many insignias).

How to solve my issue? Pay attention next time. LOL

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Ugh, don't remind me about craft fails. Last last week crafted 3 gifts of Venom because i didn't notice I had enough mats for 3 (all other gifts I only had enough for 1)A few days ago I thought it would be quicker n cheaper to buy an oiled orichalcum warhorn mouthpiece instead of craft one, only 32s right? Quickly clicked on buy instantly in TP, didn't notice it set quantity to the whole stack at that price and I bought 46 of them.

My biggest craft fail-- I was working on Bifrost, and thought I had the mats I needed to make the Gifts of Might and Magic, so I did, the same way I had made them for Astralaria. I realized too late, that Astralaria and the other second-gen legendaries used Gifts of CONDENSED Might and Magic, not the same thing. That was during the time when there was a three-week delay for customer service, so by the time they got around to helping me, I had decided to drop the request for help, and make HOPE instead of Bifrost.

A couple years ago I was working on making the Bifrost, and one of the things I needed was the Gift of Energy. So I go ahead and buy all the mats that I was needing and finished it. I didn't have enough money to finish the rest so I thought I'd put it in my bank and grab it later when I had enough money/mats. Went to put it in my bank to find another already crafted Gift of Energy that I had forgotten about staring me in the face. Ended up making 2 and at the time it was about 200g for one. It's still sitting in my bank, but now it's going to Aurora lol.