Kraitkin & other underwater legendaries

I've recently crafted Kraitkin (yesterday) and i got to say i am a little dissapointed !

i was expecting any form of projectile changes, since any other legendary has them, but it seems that underwater projectiles do not change shape or form while in possesion of a beautiful, under appreciated underwater legendary. Is there any plans on giving them an overhaul, increasing the tiny invisible aura and giving them customized projectiles, like you did with Meteorlogicus, the flameseeker prophecies and rodgort for example?i would really like to see some crazy projectiles!

I'm still in shock they even revisited it...... which is why I'm being extremely skeptical on even bothering with suggestions to continue, since they have a long track record of starting something good, and then abandoning it for something else before it goes anywhere.

@starlinvf.1358 said:I'm still in shock they even revisited it...... which is why I'm being extremely skeptical on even bothering with suggestions to continue, since they have a long track record of starting something good, and then abandoning it for something else before it goes anywhere.

Honestly, it was just a balance pass, like they have done to a wide range of other skills. Nothing has really changed about underwater content, IMO, any more than balance changes to a class imply anything about the next LS episode or whatever.

I also crafted it and I have to say, while the base skin is pretty cool, the barely visible trail and especially the lack of projectile effects are a massive letdown. It feels like they forgot about one of the styling threads that is common to legendary weapons.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"starlinvf.1358" said:I'm still in shock they even revisited it...... which is why I'm being extremely skeptical on even bothering with suggestions to continue, since they have a long track record of starting something good, and then abandoning it for something else before it goes anywhere.

Honestly, it was just a balance pass, like they have done to a wide range of other skills. Nothing has really changed about underwater content, IMO, any more than balance changes to a class imply anything about the next LS episode or whatever.

Low hanging fruit syndrome. See on the one hand, Anet constantly reaffirms they are not going to put resources into something they are not actively planning to update... And UW combat was deprecated to the point of being abandoned content, and openly stated they did abandon it on several occasions. So to suddenly have it revisited, with no existing content that justifies it they even look into it........ that implies a LOT given their past instance that it was off the table indefinitely.

But on the other hand, they talked about going full bore and both barrels on this new initiative to either generate new content, or overhauling existing ones, only to have all of the energy sputter out in less then 6 weeks (some as low as 3), and the Devs completely shift gears to the next thing they are trying to drum up public support/interest for. Core Tyria is littered with the remnants of these various efforts...... like a kid's play room full of half started Lego projects that were never cannibalized for spare parts.

This is why I'm extra cynical when an update comes out of left field..... but its unclear if they're finally getting around to addressing a problem thats existed since beta, and long in need of basic QOL updates.... or if its leading to they're next big update, and this is a "cleaver" teaser leading to something they'll announce in the coming months.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The shark one has one unless that’s just the effect when it makes contact. I have them all so maybe I’ll just take a look.

Kamohoali'i Kotaki has both on crit shark bit as well as a full mini shark projectile.

Yep. I was able to check that when I did the daily kitten slaying.

Daily kitten slaying ... HMM there might be an horde of angry Internets after you now :P

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The shark one has one unless that’s just the effect when it makes contact. I have them all so maybe I’ll just take a look.

Kamohoali'i Kotaki has both on crit shark bit as well as a full mini shark projectile.

Yep. I was able to check that when I did the daily kitten slaying.

Daily kitten slaying ... HMM there might be an horde of angry Internets after you now :P

Apparently the species we kill for the daily key, due to my phrasing in the post, got filtered. Such an amazing system...

Edit: I wonder why

Kraitdaily kraitkrait slayingdaily krait slaying

Archived