Guild Wars (Original)

I know this probably isn't the best place to put this but I'm hoping Arenanet sees this and can give me an answer or something. Guild Wars (Original) was an amazing game, I play Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 because I've had so many great memories playing the games. I often feel like going through Guild Wars and playing that over again but it's not the easiest game to play without people if you're a casual gamer like myself and there aren't an overabundance of other players to play through it with as most people are busy with Guild Wars 2 (for obvious reasons). Is there a possibility that the team tasked with keeping Guild Wars Original running might make it easier to solo through? Cuz I'd love to play through the story again cuz I feel like I might've forgotten some of the story. Also just for old time's sake.

Thank you for your time if they see this.

Since the intro of heroes with Nightfall the game became even easier to solo all the campaigns, not sure what you mean OP. As far as UW and FOW spirit spammer still works quite well solo in UW......I checked this recently. Rune and kit your heroes up and run have fun.

@"I Love Root Beer.1872" said:I guess I just suck then lol

Maybe, but what's not being explained to you very well is that you'll want heroes and you'll want to prioritize getting them proper builds/runes/inscriptions and elite skills to make the experience easier overall. Also there's this resource to help you build your heroes https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/PvX_wiki

Yep, more than one alliance is active and most have both Kurzick and Luxon sides so you can join whichever suits. Many people more than happy to help with builds, etc and help you through missions. Our discord has a lot of the builds on it and ofc as mentioned, the pvx wiki is good for standard builds.

Hope to you enjoy it!

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"I Love Root Beer.1872" said:I guess I just suck then lol

Maybe, but what's not being explained to you very well is that you'll want heroes and you'll want to prioritize getting them proper builds/runes/inscriptions and elite skills to make the experience easier overall. Also there's this resource to help you build your heroes

Yeah, a good build for your heroes is make-or-break. Also, be ready to switch them out, GW1 is all about putting together a team based on what you're going up against.

GW1 and GW2 are very different games, they don't play the same at all. GW2 is very much about dexterity and reflexes, whereas GW1 is more about strategy and tactics. You'll need to know the classes, builds, and enemies. You'll need a team of decently balanced, decently equipped heroes. And you'll need good builds to be able to use them effectively. You'll have to read up on the wiki and other helpful sites, explore tactics and study the behaviors of the enemy AI.
For instance, there are enemy healers in GW1, and they are effective. In the later parts of the game, you'll need to prioritize them, and take them out quickly.It's a lot to learn, but GW1 is three great games and one great expansion. Or you might decide it's not for you. It is very different. Too different, IMO. I don't understand why you'd make a sequel that is nothing like the original games.

GW1 doesn’t require all that much thought; especially on normal. The only time I had to think about what I was doing was when on the elite maps or doing anything in hard mode. Even then, it wasn’t much effort. Simply maintain good aggro control, (something many people lack in GW2), positioning to avoid team wipes due to high damaging AoE’s (or to body block and ball enemies up), and to prioritize targets such as healers, elementalists, and those with the annoying revive signets.

Archived