Suddenly lost my GWAMM title and HoM Achievements

The same just happened to me. I have got that message !despite! never achieving gwamm title. But I had title of flameseeker and lost that along with all the other HoM rewards. Coincidentally I began to play guild wars 1 again few weeks ago and added one new title to my hom.

Same here. Lost all my GW1 titles even if I've never gained GWAMM and also about 300 AP...So now that I'm under 19.500AP again, if I reach 19.500 can I have the chest a second time? This could be at least a form of apology from ANet for this "downservice"

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks. We can certainly sympathize when a hard-earned and much-prized title disappears! Please accept our apologies for that time of temporary concern yesterday.

Here's some information about the GWAMM title (and Hall of Monuments achievements) that may be helpful to know if such a situation arises in the future:

To get the GWAMM title in Guilds Wars 2, your need to link your Guild Wars (original) account. When that happens, all is well and you accrue that to which you're entitled and all the honors and privileges associated with it. All is well, that is, unless there's a glitch with Guild Wars. Now, fortunately glitches with GW are rare. You may be aware of the long history of stability and our proud record of virtually zero downtime with both our games. (Hmmm... I seem to remember a press article about that very thing!)

But... sometimes, skritt happens. ;) If you get an in-game mail saying you've lost the GWAMM or other Hall of Monuments titles, the best thing to do is hold tight and check again in a few hours. When you do, almost assuredly you'll find the title has been updated and you're back in the exclusive club of GWAMMers. While waiting, you could check around -- say the Guild Wars Wiki and our social media pages -- to see if there's a known issue with Guild Wars. Because you see, an issue in Guild Wars temporarily severs the game-to-game connection and that prompts the sending of that in-game mail. Once the GW -> GW2 connection is restored -- and it always is -- all is well, the title is restored, and everything is copacetic!

Oh and hey, yesterday's incident was completely external / not within our control / server-provider related, and it was corrected pretty quickly. So everyone should be A-OK now. If you have a continued issue with your title, could you post here so I can look into it?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This happened to me too. First I really got angry, because this text was like: Congratulations, you are a cheater. I will take your GWAMM title. AitiSince it's the only title I'm using and it took me forever, I hope this will be fixed soon(the first post in this thread is already from MAY 31… maybe double/tripplecheck before telling someone he is a cheater and taking their goodies?)

Edit: Got the title back ^.^

@CeNedro.7560 said:This happened to me too. First I really got angry, because this text was like: Congratulations, you are a cheater. I will take your GWAMM title. AitiSince it's the only title I'm using and it took me forever, I hope this will be fixed soon(the first post in this thread is already from MAY 31… maybe double/tripplecheck before telling someone he is a cheater and taking their goodies?)

Edit: Got the title back ^.^

You do know it happens becouse guildwars 1 is having hickups so gw2 cant sync and see you got the points for said title right?How are they supposed to make a game run flawlessly 100% of the time?EditThe mail is generic that is sent out when ever the titles are rewoked for what ever reason.There was a bug awhile back when people got it, but dident do the work for it.