Engineer Flamethrower — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Engineer Flamethrower

Sir Vincent III.1286Sir Vincent III.1286 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 31, 2018 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

I have not played my Engineer for a long time and I started again earlier last week. I notice that the Flamethrower will miss my target. The flame will go to the side and not hit my target even when the target is right in front of me, well within the range, and target locked. Then in a few seconds, after about 2 auto-attacks completely missing my target, it will auto-correct and finally hit my target. I am not moving, just standing in front of my target. It will literally blast the empty space on my target's left side.

This also occurs when my target is slightly above or below me.

I only ever notice this on my Charr Engineer but not on my Norn Engineer.

TL;DR
Bug:

• Flamethrower skill #1 misses target but will auto-correct eventually.
  • Even when target is locked and within range.
  • Noticeable on Charr but not on Norn (not sure with other race)

EDIT:

• Flame Jet is supposed to spray fire in a cone pattern - I don't think it does.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.