[Suggestion] Class-Specific Legendary Armors

Hello,I was talking with a friend and we have an idea. Class-specific themed legendary armors.For example:Engineers will have some mechanically animated armor, robotic, watchwork or steampunk theme.Necromancers: Dark smoky ghost trails with grasping hands emerging from ground. Evilish theme.Mesmer: Glowing, flying butterflies with phantasm themeRanger: Nature theme, tangling vines emerging from feetElementalist: Four elements orbit over the armor, element based auras

Didn't think about all classes atm but I think I described the idea. It would be great to have themed, matching legendary armors.You guys can add these to the game without any raid requirement, it can be a hard open-world PvE grind just like Aurora.It would be great to have as an alternative way of obtaining legendary armor.

@Umut.5471 said:Hello,I was talking with a friend and we have an idea. Class-specific themed legendary armors.For example:Engineers will have some mechanically animated armor, robotic, watchwork or steampunk theme.Necromancers: Dark smoky ghost trails with grasping hands emerging from ground. Evilish theme.Mesmer: Glowing, flying butterflies with phantasm themeRanger: Nature theme, tangling vines emerging from feet

Didn't think about all classes atm but I think I described the idea. It would be great to have themed, matching legendary armors.You guys can add these to the game without any raid requirement, it can be a hard open-world PvE grind just like Aurora.It would be great to have as an alternative way of obtaining legendary armor.

You know, I kinda wish this happened from the get go., however this would have taken them probably 6 years to make. The Envoy medium seems more for ranger, the light Envoy doesn’t match well for necro.

@crepuscular.9047 said:kinda defeat the purpose of philosophy of transferrable armor...

probably be easier to add certain passive effects base on Elite spec you have oni.e. Scrapper already have a tiny gyro following you around

The last decision would be Arenanet's, but they can make them wearable by other classes as well, as a second option.(E.g. Elementalists can wear Necro's light armor) Class-specific visual theme is the only important thing here imo.

@crepuscular.9047 said:kinda defeat the purpose of philosophy of transferrable armor...

Not really as Transmutation Charges are cheap and fairly plentiful.

When I swap my Ascended armour and weapons around between characters I change their skins, after all, the same would be true for Legendary equipment.

I guess it'd be a long and expensive process to obtain the legendary armour so it's unlikely people would have all 9 sets all that soon.

I'd love it if something like class armour sets were added, Legendary or otherwise, but unfortunately I think an armour piece per expansion is all we'll get unless they radically overhaul the way they make armour in this game.

@Umut.5471 said:The last decision would be Arenanet's, but they can make them wearable by other classes as well, as a second option.(E.g. Elementalists can wear Necro's light armor) Class-specific visual theme is the only important thing here imo.

Well, if that's the case, revisit the existing armor sets, plenty of them are already of close to class themed with effects, plus fusion also gives effects too

Radiant = Guardian (this is what my Guardian wears)Flame Kissed and Flame Legion Light with Koda's Warmth Enrichment = Fire Ele (this is what my Ele wears)Nightmare Court Medium + plant backpack if you want plant themed, but Ranger can also be leather themedForge Master Medium = EngineeArah Light= Necro (this is what my Necro wears)and so on... plenty of choices out there

Do you mean class locked? Because that's never going to happen, the devs already stopped making gemstore armor and cultural armor because it isn't worth their time to create something that only works for a third and fifth of characters, and they are certainly not going to make something that only works for a ninth of characters.

As for legendary armors themed toward each class though, yes please, this is the direction they shold have gone in the first place with legendary armor. The current legendary armor sucks because it was designed by committee that was attempting to make a set that would appeal to everyone, and by doing so, they managed to make something that appeals to no one.

I feel like this would just lead to "Please let me use Mesmer/Ele/Necro armor on my Necro/Mesmer/Ele" threads. They could have already done this with the elite spec items by tying them to the base class, but by opening it to the entire armor weight instead they give us more options. I don't disagree that it could be fun to have themed armors for each class (or even each elite spec, expanding on the singular items already released) but even if they made them I would still prefer to be capable of using them on all three classes for each weight.

I would highly appreciate class themed armor to be honest but yeah basically cultural armor are kinda "class themed" but are race locked ... Would be great if all same tier armor class could equip it (such as the revenant mistward one)

PLUS : it could be use from standard model in spvp and easier to discenr for new player using the feature (yeah i'm trying to find excuses haha)

@Blocki.4931 said:That is way too much work.

9 classes, 5 races. So 45 sets they have to make.

No need to make it for each races tho ... Roleplay wise (I don't like RP but hey , just arguing there) the magic/teaching link to each class is not race-dependant. And since revenant has already one it would only be 8 huhuhu yeah i'm kinda teasing you.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Does it need to be legendary? A profession specific armor is a great idea. A legendary race specific armor would be bad kitten as well.

I didn't mention anything about them being race specific, for example Elementalist's set will be worn by all races.They may also make them wearable by any class that fits the armor weight. Elementalist armor to Mesmer for example. Or they can limitit to a specific class, but not the race.For example they may require Elementalist-based quests and stuff to create Elementalist's armor, they can even give it a lore.(+Maybe new masteries to craft these legendary armors?)

The reasons I thought them as legendaries are these:

• Many people(including me) were asking for an alternative way to obtain legendary armor through open world PvE. Of course it should take some effort and time just like Aurora.
  • If they introduce an envoy armor-like animated armor they should be very hard to get, because exotic and ascended armor skins aregenerally static skins without any transformation effects, auras or footfalls. Those visual effects I suggested fit a legendary grade item better in my opinion.It would be weird if a salvage grade item had such visual effects. It would fit the game model better, you work hard to get top level cosmetics.

This would result in Guild Wars 1 Syndrome, where elite/difficult to make armor would require an insane amount of work for more than one character. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but GW2 caters a little more heavily toward the casual gamer than its predecessor did, so I don't see this as a realistic goal for the dev team.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I don't want annoying effects but rather a nicely designed, classy armor set that doesn't shiny, sparkle, nor look like something from a sci-fi movie.

What’s interesting is the Revenant already has their class armor, you would think they would have completed the same concept for the other professions too.

@Haco.1546 said:If this were to happen it would be the first legendary that would do and that would feel pleasure in doing

I mean you could have Armor set that themed after Thieves or Mesmers or Guardians. I think we this would be a great thing and is very reminiscent of how ff11 had class specific artifact armor, which looked great for its time.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Haco.1546 said:If this were to happen it would be the first legendary that would do and that would feel pleasure in doing

I mean you could have Armor set that themed after Thieves or Mesmers or Guardians. I think we this would be a great thing and is very reminiscent of how ff11 had class specific artifact armor, which looked great for its time.

Yes, I wish it were more or less that way. But that anyone could use in any profession or as you said.

Archived