GW2 windows every time I load a zone?

This is a weird one. I have been playing close to every day since beta and never had this problem, but haven't played since the last update. Playing today, every single time I change zone my game apparently windows, as I see a GW2 labeled window in my upper left screen for a second before I see my full page web browser, then when the zone loads I'm back in GW2. It's not a serious problem, but.... discombobulating. Any ideas on what changed?

Mine is doing the same crap lately. I hate it. Windows and GW2 updated at the same time before this started happening, so I don't know if it's Windows or the GW2 software that's causing this.

Not only that, it seems like the amount of loading time has increased now that my PC wants to go kick it in Windows for a while between zones.

Sorry for not helping. Hopefully somebody out there knows what's going on.

@"Nash.2681" said:Welcome on board, the latest Win 10 update is happy to have you on this boat aswell:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23095/game-alt-tabbing-or-flashing-desktop-merged#latest

First aid: disable the windows focus assistent, for most users that turns several seconds on the desktop in a quick <1 second flash.

Mine was already off, however I followed a few of the other suggestions in that thread and did get the flash down to ~1 second instead of the entire loading screen duration. I also submitted a ticket as Gaile suggested. Thanks.

I would suggest people read through the above linked topic. Lots of helpful tips in there. For me, each of the tips I tried did have some positive affect, but also created other problems. What finally worked for me was just running in windowed fullscreen mode. Though now, in windowed fullscreen, I can't seem to be able to adjust my gamma setting any brighter in the options and it's a little darker than I prefer. Oh well, guess I'll just live with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up on the flashing back to desktop (or still flashing a quick black screen instead if you turn off the focus thing), I've been told on my support ticket that they have found a fix for it, and to watch the patch notes as it will be out soon (though no date given as I'm assuming it needs testing etc). But good news is a proper fix is on its way!

Archived