[Suggestion] Harvesting on Mounts

@Daedalus.4193 said:It's not possible due to a technical limitation according to devs when mounts released. They tried it internally during testing and it broke just about everything it possibly could in the game.

That's...impressive. Is it weird that I'd like to have seen that? Not that I'd want it in the actual game of course, but I think it would have been interesting to see just how broken it was on the test version.

It's a shame though. I agree that it's not a big deal to have to dismount, harvest and mount up again, but I think it would flow much better if we could harvest while mounted. But of course it would need completely different animations, probably with different versions of the gathering tools - like a scythe (actual scythe, not the 'battle scythes' we see as weapons) instead of a sickle so you could reach down from your mount to the node.

Between the new animations and apparently breaking everything I suppose it's just not worth the hassle. :(

I'd much rather just be able to talk to NPCs while mounted. Not for convenience, just for the epic imagery of addressing the plebeians high atop my raptor.

Harvesting while mounted sounds like a way to avoid dealing with mobs that attack you while harvesting. But what's the fun in that? I like to play the "you can't hit me" game while on a harvesting run. lol

Wow. Look at all the assumptions and attacks on the OP's character. Yes, the only possible conclusion is that they're lazy. Anyway....

It's already a dead horse, due to the technical limitation as outlined by @Daedalus.4193. But, as someone with very little free time, I would have appreciated the added convenience.

I'd assume that for a similar reason that you get unmounted when speaking to an NPC it wouldn't work. Either way that would mean a ton of animation work just for some minor inconvenience so never going to happen.

Personal opinion? I don't find that very useful at all. Saves you a second per node, big deal

@kharmin.7683 said:

@JDub.1530 said:I'd much rather just be able to talk to NPCs while mounted. Not for convenience, just for the epic imagery of addressing the plebeians high atop my raptor.

I'm glad we don't have this. Imagine all of the blocking that would occur.

What blocking? It's not like I'm a trading post express or a mesmer portal.

@JDub.1530 said:

@JDub.1530 said:I'd much rather just be able to talk to NPCs while mounted. Not for convenience, just for the epic imagery of addressing the plebeians high atop my raptor.

I'm glad we don't have this. Imagine all of the blocking that would occur.

What blocking? It's not like I'm a trading post express or a mesmer portal.

I think they mean that if you could stay mounted while interacting with bank, bltp rep, or merchants others might have difficulty seeing them.

@Ashen.2907 said:Can I send my mounts out into the open world to gather for me while I hang out in my guild hall or Divinity's Reach?

Would you trust any of your mounts to gather properly and actually come back with the materials?

The raptor is basically a dog, I imagine it would get distracted by everything and come back 3 hours later soaking wet and muddy dragging a random huge branch and nothing else. The springer would eat all the cooking materials. The skimmer...how could a skimmer even gather anything? The jackal might do ok (although I'm not sure how it'd mine ore) but they're otherworldly beings, I'm not completely sure they'd understand what to gather. And the griffon is a cat/bird. If you're lucky it will curl up in the sun somewhere and go to sleep. If you're unlucky it will come home and drop 1/2 a dead wolf on your bed.

Archived