Condi Herald in WvW?

EremiteAngel.9765

You do the damage of the power Herald at a slower pace, but you're less bursty and since most of other classes can clean themselves you do also less damage over time.You left most of the defensive tools in order to do condi damage, and your only strong source of sustain (resistance) can be striped/corrupted by most of the classes, plus you have NOTHING to deal against power damage.Your attacks are slower and your mobility worse.

Sooo... is essentialy as playing power Herald, but worse at everything. Can work if you're carried by the hand by a couple of Guardians/Firebrands, but is shooting yourself in the toe.

@Buran.3796 said:You do the damage of the power Herald at a slower pace, but you're less bursty and since most of other classes can clean themselves you do also less damage over time.You left most of the defensive tools in order to do condi damage, and your only strong source of sustain (resistance) can be striped/corrupted by most of the classes, plus you have NOTHING to deal against power damage.Your attacks are slower and your mobility worse.

Sooo... is essentialy as playing power Herald, but worse at everything. Can work if you're carried by the hand by a couple of Guardians/Firebrands, but is shooting yourself in the toe.

That's not what I've seen to be honest.

The condi heralds I've seen are literally covered with every single boon in the game. It is not easy for other classes to strip them unless it is a necro who builds for it.

The condi heralds I've seen are able to out sustain and wreck most power opponents who struggle to bring them down below 50% health. And these are pretty experienced roamers.

But I've not seen them in a long while. Maybe 1 to 2 months now? So was just curious if things had changed for them.

Condi Herald in small scale or zergs is plain and simply a worse Scourge. They both work, they both do the exact same things, help "clear" conditions, remove boons, and massive AOE condi downstate pressure. I've been playing Viper Herald since the Abyssal Chill rework, and its been great in duels and outnumbered. You have access to almost every condition in the game, and some incredibly long duration conditions even after the change. Overall nothing really relevant has changed, and I only expect it to get better.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNeNuNmL0bybyeSNieUeUeVuN0lylysS+hmUmUWViT0uyuyxylTlxe93vXNjOKJNgDWA-jViHABCcwEEf/hafAAMp8jOlgkr/he1fC4EAAwRMIAwBw4Fv4FPY8xHf8xHviP+4jP+4jP+4JFQmLrA-w

This is my Viper Herald build. You can barely look at it and you'll see how stupid the class can get. 25% and most of the time 50% endurance recharge, tons of free toughness while having upkeeps, almost 100% stability uptime, 3 damage reduction traits, plus more, including a FOUR second Taunt.

Archived