DC'd During To Kill A God

Ankzu.2658

Last night I was DC'd as the cutscene for To Kill A God was about to play. This morning I wanted to try it again but it seems to be impossible to get back to the entrance of the story to begin it again. Normally, you enter it via the previous story. I'd rather not have to do the previous story again as it was very lengthy. Am I missing an obvious route to the entrance?

• Like 2

@poiuz.2061 said:Use Spoiler Tags (when appropriate). When reporting story or dungeon bugs, please use the spoiler tags where appropriate. By doing so, you are protecting your fellow players from being exposed to game content they have not yet experienced.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/316/how-to-report-game-bugs did you read it?

Sorry, I´ll be more careful next time. Thanks for a reminder.

Same here, kinda. I went down with 15% left in the final boss fight and the window to "rety from checkpoint" or "exit to vabbi" popped up right under where my mouse was when I was clicking to target the boss again... and as a result, I accidentally clicked "exit to vabbi" :( NOW, my story guide is stuck at the final "part" of the story inside the instance... and I'm outside the instance with no way to get to the green star to try and finish this, if I can even "pick it up" again from that point ... am I completely stuck? do I have to quit the chapter and start it all over again from the start???

• Like 1

@Akame.8736 said:Same here, kinda. I went down with 15% left in the final boss fight and the window to "rety from checkpoint" or "exit to vabbi" popped up right under where my mouse was when I was clicking to target the boss again... and as a result, I accidentally clicked "exit to vabbi" :( NOW, my story guide is stuck at the final "part" of the story inside the instance... and I'm outside the instance with no way to get to the green star to try and finish this, if I can even "pick it up" again from that point ... am I completely stuck? do I have to quit the chapter and start it all over again from the start???

Scratch that. I found a way to get to the star, and completed the chapter. :)

@Ankzu.2658 said:Last night I was DC'd as the cutscene for To Kill A God was about to play. This morning I wanted to try it again but it seems to be impossible to get back to the entrance of the story to begin it again. Normally, you enter it via the previous story. I'd rather not have to do the previous story again as it was very lengthy. Am I missing an obvious route to the entrance?

You just have to go to waypoint called Kodash Bazaaar (I think that's the name), use Springer to jump on higher floor and go to the star. It's not bugged or anything.

It's not impossible to get back to the instance, but there probably isn't a point right now. If you're seeing the same bug as me, you will get dc'd as soon as the cut scene starts to play. I have done the fight 6 or 7 times, doing something a little different each time, but my progress is still being stopped here. My most recent attempt was a few minutes ago so this bug is still an issue.

@Seisus.6591 said:It's not impossible to get back to the instance, but there probably isn't a point right now. If you're seeing the same bug as me, you will get dc'd as soon as the cut scene starts to play. I have done the fight 6 or 7 times, doing something a little different each time, but my progress is still being stopped here. My most recent attempt was a few minutes ago so this bug is still an issue.

This same thing happens to me on almost any fight, I have to open up the Black Lion Trading Company tab right before the thing that disconnects me. Hearts and Minds does the same thing at the end of the fight. It just blows because you have to know where you're going to disconnect and sometimes that takes a few times to get right.

I was having an issue with Victory or Death and sent in a ticket. Took a week to get a helpful reply that appears to also help with jackal sand portals ... however I still get the Network Disconnected error at times.

"Click the Start Menu and search for Notepad.exe.When you find it, RIGHT-CLICK on it and select "Run as Administrator".Click "Yes" to let it run as Admin.You have to run it as admin because you'll be modifying a file which only the admin account can modify. In Notepad, click File->Open and browse to your System32 directory.

On Windows this is at "C:\Windows\System32". Within the System32 directory is a directory called "drivers". In that directory is another one called "etc". Within that directory is a file named "hosts". Select that file to open. (Note that you may need to change the setting within the "Open File" window to have it show "All Files" instead of just text files.

After opening the file, add this at the bottom, exactly as shown: 174.35.56.164 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com type or pasted into that note. Or if you have it in the host file already, then just reverse what I said and delete the "174.35.56.164 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com" line. PS: If "174.35.56.164 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com" doesn't work, then replace the 101 to a 102/103. I would personally recommend 102 first it seems to help alot of people.

Regards,GM Nasser"

102 seems to be working better than 101.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@"HaluzCZ.2617" said:Hi! This happened to me 3 times in a row. After defeating Balthazar, final cinematic plays and then the game crashes. I don´t know what to do. I am attaching the screenshot right after the kick. I tried to skip the cinematic, but the result was same.QSgqvYn.jpg

Just happened to me 5 minutes ago and I got NO credit for the kill. Sent in a ticket. Seems like everytime at the end where the cutscreen starts I get disconnected. I told them to credit the kill as I have screenshots of it. I won't play until it is credited.