Limit how many items an individual can place on the ground within a time period

Lately there has been a trend of people going to organized metas and placing down the maximum number of cheap magic find feasts that can be in a location with the intent to keep the people organizing from being able to place down better food for their groups. While this isn't enough to cause an event to fail, it is still griefing the people trying to organize things.

Would it be possible to limit a person's ability to place things on the ground to like 2-3 items within a 5 minute period?Or perhaps make a message in chat that says "User has placed item" or something so people can report those who abuse it in order to grief others?

Changing this would only end up depriving the very people who could benefit from the placed items across the board. Cutting a nose to spite the face, throwing the babe out with the bath water and so on.

Sometimes to have freedoms in a game, you must accept something less than ideal - mess with that balance at your peril.

@Elva.6372 said:Changing this would only end up depriving the very people who could benefit from the placed items across the board. Cutting a nose to spite the face, throwing the babe out with the bath water and so on.

Sometimes to have freedoms in a game, you must accept something less than ideal - mess with that balance at your peril.

Limiting a person to placing only a couple items within a 5 minutes span would not really deprive people of anything. Most dropped items only last 5 minutes while their buffs last 30 minutes to an hour. There is no reason for someone to be able to place 20+ trays of peach pies at an event.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Elva.6372 said:Changing this would only end up depriving the very people who could benefit from the placed items across the board. Cutting a nose to spite the face, throwing the babe out with the bath water and so on.

Limiting a person to placing only a couple items within a 5 minutes span would not really deprive people of anything. Most dropped items only last 5 minutes while their buffs last 30 minutes to an hour. There is no reason for someone to be able to place 20+ trays of peach pies at an event.

I guess you haven't seen the huge banquets being offered in game to the Blessed Online Refugees.

Just ignore them. Setting a limit would mess with the fire work achievement for all those that need to place a billion fireworks for the choya mini. I spammed those like crazy when doing mine and I know I annoyed some ppl with those. It is not affecting the game play and it give food for free and offers food choices to ppl.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Just ignore them. Setting a limit would mess with the fire work achievement for all those that need to place a billion fireworks for the choya mini. I spammed those like crazy when doing mine and I know I annoyed some ppl with those. It is not affecting the game play and it give food for free and offers food choices to ppl.

actually, it does. If you read the OP youd see that it stops the people who organizing the event from placing their own things on the ground.

@Elva.6372 said:

I guess you haven't seen the huge banquets being offered in game to the Blessed Online Refugees.

Do those really "help" them much? Besides being a big fancy show? They can only have the benefits of one food at a time, and there is only a few foods that would really help, so having more is just showing off in order to look more helpful than it actually is. Plus the limit would just be per person, so a party of people wanting to create a banquet would still be able to do so.

I would take a measure to prevent griefing over pseudo-helpful banquets.

@Sindariel.2354 said:Must be an US thing, cause i've never seen this happen on EU servers. Ever.

What exactly do they? Placing cheap stuff on NPCs, so you can't talk to them? Because I don't understand the wording of the OP. And how does is prevent you to place better food? And what has this food to do with organizing? It all makes no sense for me.

I live in Europe and never have I seen stuff like this. A express merchant within the black lion TP guy from time to time, but not more.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:Must be an US thing, cause i've never seen this happen on EU servers. Ever.

What exactly do they? Placing cheap stuff on NPCs, so you can't talk to them? Because I don't understand the wording of the OP. And how does is prevent you to place better food? And what has this food to do with organizing? It all makes no sense for me.

I live in Europe and never have I seen stuff like this. A express merchant within the black lion TP guy from time to time, but not more.

Many guilds who organize metas like to give food/thesis for the zerg in order to increase their dps so the event can run more smoothly.There is a maximum number of placed items that can be in an area. Once that limit is reached, no more can be placed. Griefers place down the maximum number of a really cheap feast so that no one else can place better food.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

Many guilds who organize metas like to give food/thesis for the zerg in order to increase their dps so the event can run more smoothly.There is a maximum number of placed items that can be in an area. Once that limit is reached, no more can be placed. Griefers place down the maximum number of a really cheap feast so that no one else can place better food.

Wow... there are really people doing that? I just wonder what went wrong with them, this is so childish I can't find any words for it. Luckily, I never found any evidence while doing Metas.

Archived