Male Sylvari or male Human Thief and why?

Patkus.9178

I have 2 lvl 80 Thieves, but can't decide which one to "main".I love playing orc, elves etc. in other games and I love almost everything about Sylvari, but male Sylvari animations kinda bug me and I don't like to play as humans, but human Thief looks alright.

It doesn't matter which race you pick in Guild Wars 2. All of the races are the same. The choice comes down to you choosing between a race that is trying to bring back their home after it's been destroyed by the centaurs or a plant race that hates the Risen and it also British.

@STIHL.2489 said:I'll admit.. I have not noticed any significant difference between Male Sylvari and Male Human Animations, what is it that the Sylvari do that the Humans Don't, that bug you?

Well for starters their running animation feels like they're running on their toes and it gets a little bit annoying :P

I go human mostly but once in a while I delve into a sylvari char not just for a vocal/appearance/animation change but to fit in it's racial skills into my build, same goes for asura. I do try to make a character in each gender for each class though, that is my main target. I would say go for what pleases you visually as you can ignore most of the banter when you are around big fights. Oh and sometimes I like the way certain race do their dodge animations. All in all if it's themes you're going for, just pick sylvari, can't go wrong.

@Patkus.9178 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:I'll admit.. I have not noticed any significant difference between Male Sylvari and Male Human Animations, what is it that the Sylvari do that the Humans Don't, that bug you?

Well for starters their running animation feels like they're running on their toes and it gets a little bit annoying :P

I never noticed this.. thanks for pointing that out. I'll try notice this the next time I play, as my main is a Sylvari Guard and I never noticed anything off with their animations vs my human necro, I legit thought Humans, Norn and Sylvari had the same moving animations.

Never noticed anything wrong with their walking animation and I main a Sylvari Thief. Maybe it's because he's male. I dunno.

Anyways, main difference is that Sylvari are thinner and you can choose their colours so you can be blue, green and so on. As for humans they're pretty much just fatter and well, human. For example, Carapace Jerkin looks amazing on Sylvari and humans look tubby in it. Sylvari look bad in heavy armour sets, but you said Thief, so they're good in medium.

Sylvari thief is an interesting mix that refreshingly goes against the grain in an otherwise goody-two-shoes race. The thief represents a departure from the snowy white morality of the Pale Tree and embraces the Cycle of the Night in it's truest form.

I like the male Sylvari animations to the human male with the exception of the sheathed hovering daggers. For some reason it bothers me to no end, so human male for me.

The male sylvari also has a really annoying hnnggh huttgh hngyagh sound when it jumps and you cannot disable those.

Human male here and proud of it (can I say that?)!

@saloja.7920 said:I like the male Sylvari animations to the human male with the exception of the sheathed hovering daggers. For some reason it bothers me to no end, so human male for me.

The male sylvari also has a really annoying hnnggh huttgh hngyagh sound when it jumps and you cannot disable those.

Human male here and proud of it (can I say that?)!

The floaty dagger and pistols happen with skinny body types - some armors solve the issue though.

Asuran because Radiation Field is a sick combo field(one of the best Racial skills IMO), the character is tiny making it harder to single out in a group, and They have the awesome stop running animation where they sway back and forth, and it makes for a funny dance.

@Elva.6372 said:Sylvari thief is an interesting mix that refreshingly goes against the grain in an otherwise goody-two-shoes race. The thief represents a departure from the snowy white morality of the Pale Tree and embraces the Cycle of the Night in it's truest form.

Fun fact.....

The Assassin, called Tahkayun in Old Canthan, is a profession that is unique to Cantha which is looked down upon by many individuals. They are viewed as simple mercenaries or coldblooded killers, and while some are like that, the Assassins on a whole are not. Similar to the Canthan view of Rangers, which protect the balance in nature, the Assassins' purpose is to protect the balance in society, taking out justice against those who view themselves above the laws. Because of this, many Assassins take their job very seriously.

Welp, my personal answer to you is: it sounds very much like you don't want either of them. That leaves you three races, norn, charr, and asura, along with two genders in the races you have. (Animations are gendered.)

If you are really dedicated to it being one of the two, though, here is my personal trick: heads for sylvari, tails for human, flip a coin.

Then, if you get the one you want to play you will be all "coin chose it, yay", and if you get the one you don't want to play -- even if you don't know it yet -- you will find excuses not to listen to the coin toss ... and so, you know which one you really want. :)