[Elite Spec Concept] Shaman

Allarius.5670

ELITE SPECIALIZATION: Shaman

Where the Tempest overloads elemental energy to support allies and manifest auras, and the Weaver combines elements to increase devestation and defense, the Shaman attunes to the primordial elements to wreak havoc and disrupt the undercurrent of battle.

Rather than focus on support, offense, or defense, the Shaman emphasizes pure versatility and utility. Through the use of their new mechanic, Primordial Attunement, Shamans gain access to a secondary weapon set's worth of skills. However, these new weapon skills can only ever be accessed five at a time before the Shaman must return to their normal attunements.

By gaining access to the manipulation of boons and conditions, the Shaman represents a kind of Necromancer or Mesmer through the eyes of the Elementalist.

MECHANICS: Primordial Attunement

F5: Primordial Attunement - 30 sec cd. Channel the primordial element of your current attunement and gain access to new skills. You cannot attune to a different element while attuned to a primordial element.

• Maximum duration: 30 sec

F5, sequence: Extinguish- 5 sec cd. Return to your normal elemental attunements.

Primordial Fire

1: Lava Arrow - 1 sec. Conjure a lava arrow to burn your foe. Conjure additional arrows to strike enemies near your target.

• Damage: (0.6)
  • Burn (2 sec)
  • Number of targets: 3
  • Targeting radius: 240
  • Range: 1200

2: Flaming Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a swirling orb of flame to burn foes at the target location.

• Damage: (0.4)
  • Burn (2 sec)
  • Pulse frequency: 0.5 sec
  • Number of targets: 5
  • Radius: 240
  • Fire field

3: Searing Flames - 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Blast your foes at the target location, dealing damage and inflicting burn. Deal additional damage to foes that are already burning.

• Damage: (0.5)
  • Damage vs. burning: (1.0)
  • Burn (6 sec)
  • Blast finisher

4: Ashen Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in swirling ashes to blind nearby foes.

• Blind (3 sec)

5: Meteor- 0.5 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a massive meteor to strike foes at the target location after a short delay.

• Damage: (2.5)
  • Burn (3, 3 sec)
  • Knockdown
  • Delay: 3 sec
  • Blast finisher

Primordial Water

1: Ice Javelin - 1 sec. Conjure an icy javelin that pierces enemies and makes them vulnerable.

• Damage: (0.75)
  • Vulnerability (1, 10 sec)
  • Pierces

2: Water Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a swirling orb of restorative waters to heal allies at the target location.

• Heal: 250 (0.125)
  • Number of allies: 5
  • Water field

3: Rust- 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Hex your foes at the target location, converting boons into vulnerability and inflicting chill.

• Vulnerability (5, 5 sec)
  • Chill (2 sec)
  • Boons converted: 1

4: Mist Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in blurring mists to slip free from conditions.

• Conditions cleansed: 1
  • Pulse frequency: 0.5

5: Maelstrom- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a storm of ice at the target location to chill and daze enemies within.

• Chill (2 sec)
  • Daze (0.5 sec)
  • Duration: 4 sec
  • Pulse frequency: 1 sec
  • Ice field

Primordial Air

1: Shocking Arrow - 1 sec. Conjure a shocking arrow that has increased chance to critically strike vulnerable foes.

• Additional critical hit chance vs. vulnerable: 20%

2: Electric Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a pulsing orb of electricity to damage foes and make them vulnerable at the target location.

• Vulnerability (2, 5 sec)
  • Lightning field

3: Enervating Charge - 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Strike foes at the target location that inflicts weakness and grants fury for each enemy struck.

• Damage: (1.25)
  • Weakness (5 sec)
  • Fury (2 sec)
  • Unblockable

4: Polaric Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in an electric charge to gain superspeed and reflect projectiles.

• Superspeed (0.5 sec)
  • Polaric Armor (0.5 sec) - Reflect incoming projectiles.

5: Wind Blast - 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Release a torrent of wind to blind and launch nearby enemies.

• Damage: (1.0)
  • Blind (5 sec)
  • Launch: 600

Primordial Earth

1: Stone Daggers - 1 sec. Conjure stone daggers to bleed your foe.

• Damage: (0.15)
  • Bleed (5 sec)
  • Number of daggers: 3

2: Magnetic Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure an orb of magnetic energy that gathers rocks and stones to bleed and cripple enemies at the target location.

• Damage: (0.3)
  • Bleed (5 sec)
  • Cripple (1 sec)
  • Light field

3: Crystalline Hide - 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Cleanse conditions and enchant your allies with defensive boons at the target location.

• Aegis (3 sec)
  • Protection (3 sec)

4: Magnetic Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in magnetic energy, drawing in a field of sand to dampen incoming damage.

• Barrier: 350

5: Quicksand- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Weaken the earth around you to inhibit nearby foes.

• Bleed (5 sec)
  • Immobilize (1 sec)
  • Slow (1 sec)

WEAPON: Shield

Fire Attunement

4: Cinder Shield - 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Block the next attack and counter by burning your foe.

• Burn (2, 3 sec)
  • Evade (0.5 sec)
  • Block duration: 2 sec
  • Range: 900

4, sequence: Flame Armor - 0.25 sec cast. Gain Fire Aura.

• Fire Aura (4 sec)

5: Heat Wave - 0.5 sec cast, 30 sec cd. Burn foes in front of you with a wave of intense heat.

• Burn (3, 3 sec)
  • Range: 600

Water Attunement

4: Bubble- 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Channel restorative waters to heal allies around you.

• Healing: 400 (0.2)

4, sequence: Burst- 0.25 sec. Burst your bubble to cleanse conditions for nearby allies.

• Conditions cleansed: 2

5: Snow Storm - 0.75 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a storm of ice and snow to blind and chill enemies at the target location.

• Blind (3 sec)
  • Chill (2 sec)

Air Attunement

4: Forked Lightning - 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Channel lightning to strike your target and nearby foes and make them vulnerable.

5: Thunderclap- 2 sec channel, 30 sec cd. Block the next attack and counter by dazing nearby enemies.

• Daze (2 sec)

5, sequence: Rushing Wind - 0.25 sec. Grant swiftness to nearby allies.

• Swiftness (10 sec)

Earth Attunement

4: Magnetic Storm - 0.5 sec, 25 sec cd. Unleash a wave of magnetic energy that travels forward, crippling foes and reflecting projectiles.

• Cripple (3 sec)
  • Reflects projectiles

5: Kinetic Armor - 0.25 sec, 30 sec cd. Call earth to your aid with a blast and gain defensive boons.

• Protection (3 sec)
  • Stability (3, 3 sec)
  • Blast Finisher

UTILITIES: Manipulations

Heal: Restorative Enchantments - 1 sec, 20 sec cd. Heal yourself and gain additional healing for each boon.

• Heal: 5500 (1.0)
  • Heal per boon: 260 (0.05)

Utility 1: Melt Enchantments - 0.25 sec, 15 sec cd. Decrease the duration of your target's boons and inflict burning.

• Melt Enchantments (debuff, 5 sec) - Your boons are melting.
  • Boon duration decrease: 1 sec
  • Burn (1 sec)

Utility 2: Mist Cloak - 3 sec channel, 3 sec cd. Conjure an obscuring mist around you and grant stealth to nearby allies.

• Stealth (0.5 sec)
  • Maximum count: 2
  • Count recharge: 30 sec

Utility 3: Wind Step - 0.5 sec, 30 sec cooldown. Teleport to the target location and gain superspeed.

• Superspeed (3 sec)

Utility 4: Magnetic Reflection - 3 sec channel, 30 sec cooldown. Engulf yourself in magnetic energy to reflect incoming conditions back to their source.

• Magnetic Reflection (0.5 sec) - Incoming conditions are reflected back to their source.

Elite: Arcane Reverberation - 60 sec cd. Break stuns and reduce the remaining recharge on your elemental attunements.

• Recharge reduced: 100%
  • Breaks stuns

TRAITS:

Minors

Adept Minor: Primordial Embers - Gain access to Primordial Attunement and Manipulations.

Master Minor: Lingering Flames - Increase the duration of boons on nearby allies when you attune to a primordial element.

• Boon duration increased: 5 sec

Grandmaster Minor: Flames of Enchantment - Grant boons to nearby allies when you attune to a primordial element.

• Primordial Fire: Vigor (5 sec)
  • Primordial Water: Alacrity (5 sec)
  • Primordial Air: Quickness (5 sec)
  • Primordial Earth: Stability (5 sec)

Adept

Adept 1: Frost Burn - Chill and burn nearby foes when you attune to a primordial element.

• Burn (3 sec)
  • Chill (3 sec)

Adept 2: Backdraft - Weaken nearby foes and gain superspeed when you attune to a primordial element.

• Weakness (5 sec)
  • Superspeed (3 sec)
  • Blast finisher

Adept 3: Reforge- Conditions cleansed while attuned to primordial water are instead converted into boons.

Master

Master 1: Ether Combustion - 1 sec cd (unique per target). Cast Lesser Melt Enchantments when you inflict burning.

• Melt Enchantments (debuff, 1 sec): Your boons are melting.
  • Boon duration decreased: 1 sec
  • Burn (1 sec)

Master 2: Primordial Echoes - Your blast finishers increase the duration of boons on nearby allies.

• Boon duration increased: 1 sec

Master 3: Manipulate Enchantments - Convert conditions into boons when you activate manipulation skills.

• Conditions converted: 1

Grandmaster

Grandmaster 1: Fan the Flames - Gain offensive boons when you cast a spell while attuned to a primordial element.

• Might (2, 10 sec)
  • Fury (2 sec)

Grandmaster 2: Primordial Auramancy - Gain an aura when you attune to a primordial element.

• Primordial Fire: Fire Aura (4 sec)
  • Primordial Water: Frost Aura (4 sec)
  • Primordial Air: Shocking Aura (4 sec)
  • Primordial Earth: Magnetic Aura (4 sec)

Grandmaster 3: Ward from Harm- Break stuns and gain defensive boons when you attune to a primordial element.

• Aegis (1 sec)
  • Protection (1 sec)
  • Breaks stuns

@"derd.6413" said:if i get this correctly: shaman goes into a "shroud" depending on which element he is attuned to. but with a cooldown instead of life force.

or is it more to fb tome and ele conjure weapons without the "ammo" mechanic?

Yes. As currently described, Primordial Attunement is much like going into a conjure weapon on a 30 sec cooldown + however long you remained within that primordial attunement. All Primordial Attunements are linked to the same cooldown on F5.

I like the concept, I really do. But I don't think that Anet will make anything like this next. Not after all the developer time that they spent on making all the weaver skills. They will probably go for a simple elementalist spec this time, which is sad in a way. But with Anet simple=effective usually, which is something positive at least. There is the possibility that they will go with a shroud idea, but I really doubt they will do a different one for every attunement.

However, I do like the theme a lot, and if it could be pulled off properly, it would be a pretty great spec.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I like the concept, I really do. But I don't think that Anet will make anything like this next. Not after all the developer time that they spent on making all the weaver skills. They will probably go for a simple elementalist spec this time, which is sad in a way. But with Anet simple=effective usually, which is something positive at least. There is the possibility that they will go with a shroud idea, but I really doubt they will do a different one for every attunement.

However, I do like the theme a lot, and if it could be pulled off properly, it would be a pretty great spec.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I totally see where you are coming from and cannot pretend to know what Anet has planned or might be willing or not willing to do. This was just a compilation of various thoughts that sort of came together and I thought they'd be worth sharing for fun rather then go into the trash bin. :)

I really like the thematic and the idea of it, but i don't see this as being the NEXT one (as cool as it'd be) but maybe the one after? I also think it'd be kinda cool if the F5 put you into a sorta "avatar state" where it's just 5 skills (one from each element and then maybe like an arcane or a mixed one or something), but they'd all have super low CDs and could be comboed together in cool ways.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I tend to be critic usually but I really do like the concept of the extra mechanism as well. The only reserve I would have would be traits and the utility melt enchantement (mainly because it add a debuff that can't be countered in any way)

The traits might make more sense knowing that this version was a conglomeration of two different concepts, one of which focused on an F5 defensive cooldown and various ways to tailor it. That could probably use a revision.

Regarding Melt Enchantments. I agree that mechanics with low counterplay are not good design. Rather than give straight up boon corruption or removal, I thought it would be more defining and less straight up copying to aim for a mechanic that effectively halves boon duration on enemies so long as you can keep up a certain threshold of burn pressure. It was meant to counter mass boons on enemies by targeting them all simultaneously and might be countered via play by pressuring the Shaman into defensive skills. It might be a bit confusing the way I have it written, as the trait version is not meant to continuously proc itself.

The trait could be rewritten as follows: Decrease the duration of boons on foes when you inflict burning, 1 sec decreased boon duration, 1 sec internal cooldown per target.The skill could be rewritten as follows: Decrease the duration of boons on your target and inflict burning, 1-5 sec decreased boon duration, 5 sec burning.

Still no specific counterplay, just like boon corruption or removal, but it doesn't have the debuff either.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Maybe it could be made like thieves venon, making your next x hit reduce boon duration by 1 second, or like the active of necromancer's vampiric signet but the elementalist would be the only one able to trigger the effect.

I like where you are going with this and think it achieves the same goals. I'm not convinced it is entirely necessary when you compare it to existing mechanics like Corrupt Boon and Arcane Thievery or any traits that proc boon removal or corruption. That said, I do think this solution is more elegant and makes sense. Here they are rewritten:

Utility 1: Melt Enchantments - 0.25 sec, 30 sec cd. Decrease the duration of your target's boons and inflict burning with your next few attacks.

• Melt Enchantments (5 stacks, buff) - Melt boons and inflict burning with your next attack.
  • Burn (1 sec)

Master 1: Ether Combustion - 1 sec cd. Cast lesser Melt Enchantments when you inflict burning.

• Melt Enchantments (1 stack, buff) - Melt boons and inflict burning with your next attack.
  • Burn (1 sec)

out of all the things posted there are only 3 new ideas in there that gets only minor support via traits/utilities:

1) Grandmaster Minor: Flames of Enchantment (access to alacrit - but why?)2) condition transfer (11k hp base)3) a range option for melee weaponsets when in shamaan mode (still no access to other sigills)

so what if u get another shroud if it does exactly the same as all ele things since 2012

-ur casttimes compete with the global cd they are way to high. several times over 2sec to cleanse condis..

• no new conditions (except condi transfer (6 on 30sec cd))

• bleed, burn, chill, vurln again - honestly?
  • shield isnt known for high damage

• 3 sec stealth for what? ele has not a single viable skill for damage in a pvp scenario - not now and esp not with a shield.. (shatterstone burst out of stealth incoming..)

• and auras for what sake if u cant get any use out of it.. even reflect aura is useless with unblockables around

• edit: would open up to go earth line for prot instead of arcane. auras in itself are outdated though (in their use and in their characteristic of being a melee aoe)
  • still not enough stability (maybe in combination earth/arc)

• another bad elite (needs 3 charges)

• another bad heal (u heal more for every boon? nec is shittng on boon eles since forever for a reason)

• the condi cleanse is not thought through

• the only primo atune cleanse possibility is in earth (1) and waters mistarmor (4) on 20 s cd)? no regeneration boon in water (either primo stance or shield) which makes the adept trait Reforge very questionable as u get no use out of a possible sync with waterline.
  • i do not understand the concept of prolonging boons in shamaan mode when u can not change atunements in it to get boons

the only thing i like is the attempt to free ele from water (earth line option but what about soothing mist/regen access?) and arcane line and the idea of necs condi management. i would have liked to see that idea more supported via traits and utilities though as it is its the unviable same same + a minor new idea on 30s cd. burns and bleeds wont cut it. still no access to poison except sigill slot.

casttimes even higher than in the past.no support.no damage.no sustain, not even regen..no mobility.

i gonna love it when 11k hp eles with 5sec casttimes gonna start to manage conditransfers on 30 sec cd vanish into stealth and do an attempt of landing a crazy high critting 6k burning speed..

p.s. not gonna lie. after random people posting concepts like this one in the past that actually found use in xpacs im allrdy worried about all the uncritical thinking goin on and i gonna respond to that as if karl in person would be in front of me. so forgive my tone if u r not.

@shinta.8906 said:out of all the things posted there are only 3 new ideas in there that gets only minor support via traits/utilities:

1) Grandmaster Minor: Flames of Enchantment (access to alacrit - but why?)2) condition transfer (11k hp base)3) a range option for melee weaponsets when in shamaan mode (still no access to other sigills)

so what if u get another shroud if it does exactly the same as all ele things since 2012

-ur casttimes compete with the global cd they are way to high. several times over 2sec to cleanse condis..

• no new conditions (except condi transfer (6 on 30sec cd))

• bleed, burn, chill, vurln again - honestly?
  • shield isnt known for high damage

• 3 sec stealth for what? ele has not a single viable skill for damage in a pvp scenario - not now and esp not with a shield.. (shatterstone burst out of stealth incoming..)

• and auras for what sake if u cant get any use out of it.. even reflect aura is useless with unblockables around

• edit: would open up to go earth line for prot instead of arcane. auras in itself are outdated though (in their use and in their characteristic of being a melee aoe)
  • still not enough stability (maybe in combination earth/arc)

• another bad elite (needs 3 charges)

• another bad heal (u heal more for every boon? nec is shittng on boon eles since forever for a reason)

• the condi cleanse is not thought through

• the only primo atune cleanse possibility is in earth (1) and waters mistarmor (4) on 20 s cd)? no regeneration boon in water (either primo stance or shield) which makes the adept trait Reforge very questionable as u get no use out of a possible sync with waterline.
  • i do not understand the concept of prolonging boons in shamaan mode when u can not change atunements in it to get boons

the only thing i like is the attempt to free ele from water (earth line option but what about soothing mist/regen access?) and arcane line and the idea of necs condi management. i would have liked to see that idea more supported via traits and utilities though as it is its the unviable same same + a minor new idea on 30s cd. burns and bleeds wont cut it. still no access to poison except sigill slot.

casttimes even higher than in the past.no support.no damage.no sustain, not even regen..no mobility.

i gonna love it when 11k hp eles with 5sec casttimes gonna start to manage conditransfers on 30 sec cd vanish into stealth and do an attempt of landing a crazy high critting 6k burning speed..

p.s. not gonna lie. after random people posting concepts like this one in the past that actually found use in xpacs im allrdy worried about all the uncritical thinking goin on and i gonna respond to that as if karl in person would be in front of me. so forgive my tone if u r not.

Hey there, thank you for the feedback!

The goal was to stick to relative trends that we see in game already, namely the addition of various mechanics to expand what a profession may be able to do but not actually transform the profession in it's entirety. For me, that would be a different post that examines the Elementalist from the ground up. I understand your frustrations, but I did not set out to solve the Elementalist's issues with a single elite specialization, which I think would be a generally poor approach anyway.

The focus was on utility as opposed to raw damage or support, as stated in the initial description, via raw skill and mechanic access. That said, number suggestions should be considered flexible. I went for feel and completely accept that numbers could be way off.

So, considering the sheer volume of skills accessible within a single build, I tried to balance volume via temporal access so as not to bleed over into the established roles and functions of the other elites, damage/dueling and support. By temporal access I don't just mean the >30 sec cd on Primordial Attunement, but also some big cast times and lots of channels. This also goes into the territory of characteristic profession gameplay, or more of the same, whether appropriate or not.

I'll try to address your specific bulleted points numbered from top to bottom.

1) Nope, no new conditions, but perhaps increased condition pressure by more accessible burns. Also consider that Magnetic Reflection as described is not a true condition transfer, but a channeled redirection. It works like a 3 sec block for conditions only that reflects incoming conditions back to the caster, from all sources, for three seconds. It is a counterplay and punishment skill that happens to alleviate condition pressure rather than the other way around.

2) Shield is not known for high damage, but (a) the spec lacking in damage and (b) not deviating enough from established mechanics seems contradictory. That said, I thought there was room here to envision a weapon with strong offensive and defensive options in the vein of Mesmer themes and thought of the shield not only in the traditional sense of defensive blocking, but also damage channels as a focus or totem for magical power.

3) Like Magnetic Reflection, Mist Cloak is channeled. It would not be an effective set up for stealth burst. The goal here was to provide a support mechanic not reliant on healing power, etc. It was intended as a supportive target drop for you and/or allies to enable their offense or survival and was aimed at playing into the utility focus rather than putr support or damage.

4) I agree that auras may be a bit uninspired here and the trait could use a revision. The goal was to provide another layer of counterplay accessible to the specialization, and even if auras are outclassed on their own they can provide one more layer on top of others. I once read a former pro PvP player describe Ele as the profession that kills and overwhelms you with lots of little cuts and tried to apply traditional Elementalist balancing toward utility.

5) Yeah, there is no stability focus except in small moments scattered around aimed at enabling one or two casts under cc pressure rather than hold ground.

6) The elite does need a revision. If it also recharged Primordial Attunement I'm not sure I would agree. I did not state one way or the other how Primordial Attunement was treated, as an attunement or not, because I had not yet made up my mind. But treating it as one, to synergize with traits and this mechanic, might help with the perceived low power level you observe.

7) I am also not satisfied with the heal. I think it would work better as an endurance gain per boon to enable avoidance and kiting instead of raw heals.

8) Reforge and its synergy with Primordial Water do need a revision, I agree. I had intended to find a home for regeneration in the kit, but I ended up focusing more on snares, etc. Outside of creative ways to use the trait (Water staff 5 into Primordial Water, Ether Renewal) or the 2 sec channeled 4 condi-clear on a 20 sec cooldown, there isn't much.

9) There is a 5 sec lock when you enter Primordial Attunement. The boon manipulation is meant to serve multiple things. (A) Extension of boons to help make up for an inability to attune and (B) a utility mechanic useful for PvE as an enabler to help alternative builds in group content. Alacrity was added for this same reason.

In general, the aim was at trying to enable a roaming utility spec, something I think the Elementalist design already tries to do but lacks key components that help it to achieve that successfully. I may very well have missed that mark, but it makes sense that it doesn't appear to enable one strong role or another rather than just provide more of the same.

The goals I had in mind were not yours, but I do not think that is necessarily an indicator of lack of critical thinking. There are certainly components that need revisions, and in no way did I set out to share the ideas as though they would actually be used rather than express some ideas I thought were interesting and maybe deserving of the firing squad. In no way does any of that undervalue the level of useful feedback you have provided. Thank you again.

thx for your answer @ allarius

the problem of an offhand is - however good its gonna be - that we get either dagger or scepter as mainhand. both are unviable in their mechanic, application and raw damage numbers. we ve seen this happening to warhorn allrdy.

thx to lazy traits like elemental polyphony and elements of rage which kinda substituted a needed overhaul of all the weaponskills/-traits we on top see now balance that even gut us more by having those two traits in mind and use.

so unless ur new spec can not change the ele developer i feel like its not gonna work.

sry for my tone again and thx for your reply.

@Allarius.5670 said:

ELITE SPECIALIZATION: Shaman

Where the Tempest overloads elemental energy to support allies and manifest auras, and the Weaver combines elements to increase devestation and defense, the Shaman attunes to the primordial elements to wreak havoc and disrupt the undercurrent of battle.

Rather than focus on support, offense, or defense, the Shaman emphasizes pure versatility and utility. Through the use of their new mechanic, Primordial Attunement, Shamans gain access to a secondary weapon set's worth of skills. However, these new weapon skills can only ever be accessed five at a time before the Shaman must return to their normal attunements.

By gaining access to the manipulation of boons and conditions, the Shaman represents a kind of Necromancer or Mesmer through the eyes of the Elementalist.

MECHANICS: Primordial Attunement

F5: Primordial Attunement - 30 sec cd. Channel the primordial element of your current attunement and gain access to new skills. You cannot attune to a different element while attuned to a primordial element.

F5, sequence: Extinguish- 5 sec cd. Return to your normal elemental attunements.

Primordial Fire

1: Lava Arrow - 1 sec. Conjure a lava arrow to burn your foe. Conjure additional arrows to strike enemies near your target.

• Burn (2 sec)

2: Flaming Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a swirling orb of flame to burn foes at the target location.

• Burn (2 sec)
  • Fire field

3: Searing Flames - 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Blast your foes at the target location, dealing damage and inflicting burn. Deal additional damage to foes that are already burning.

• Burn (6 sec)
  • Blast finisher

4: Ashen Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in swirling ashes to blind nearby foes.

• Blind (3 sec)

5: Meteor- 0.5 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a massive meteor to strike foes at the target location after a short delay.

• Burn (3, 3 sec)
  • Knockdown
  • Blast finisher

Primordial Water

1: Ice Javelin - 1 sec. Conjure an icy javelin that pierces enemies and makes them vulnerable.

• Pierces

2: Water Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a swirling orb of restorative waters to heal allies at the target location.

• Water field

3: Rust- 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Hex your foes at the target location, converting boons into vulnerability and inflicting chill.

• Chill (2 sec)

4: Mist Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in blurring mists to slip free from conditions.

5: Maelstrom- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a storm of ice at the target location to chill and daze enemies within.

• Chill (2 sec)
  • Daze (0.5 sec)
  • Ice field

Primordial Air

1: Shocking Arrow - 1 sec. Conjure a shocking arrow that has increased chance to critically strike vulnerable foes.

2: Electric Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a pulsing orb of electricity to damage foes and make them vulnerable at the target location.

• Lightning field

3: Enervating Charge - 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Strike foes at the target location that inflicts weakness and grants fury for each enemy struck.

• Weakness (5 sec)
  • Fury (2 sec)
  • Unblockable

4: Polaric Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in an electric charge to gain superspeed and reflect projectiles.

• Superspeed (0.5 sec)

5: Wind Blast - 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Release a torrent of wind to blind and launch nearby enemies.

• Blind (5 sec)

Primordial Earth

1: Stone Daggers - 1 sec. Conjure stone daggers to bleed your foe.

• Bleed (5 sec)

2: Magnetic Orb - 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure an orb of magnetic energy that gathers rocks and stones to bleed and cripple enemies at the target location.

• Bleed (5 sec)
  • Cripple (1 sec)
  • Light field

3: Crystalline Hide - 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Cleanse conditions and enchant your allies with defensive boons at the target location.

• Aegis (3 sec)
  • Protection (3 sec)

4: Magnetic Armor - 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in magnetic energy, drawing in a field of sand to dampen incoming damage.

5: Quicksand- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Weaken the earth around you to inhibit nearby foes.

• Bleed (5 sec)
  • Immobilize (1 sec)
  • Slow (1 sec)

WEAPON: Shield

Fire Attunement

4: Cinder Shield - 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Block the next attack and counter by burning your foe.

• Burn (2, 3 sec)
  • Evade (0.5 sec)

4, sequence: Flame Armor - 0.25 sec cast. Gain Fire Aura.

• Fire Aura (4 sec)

5: Heat Wave - 0.5 sec cast, 30 sec cd. Burn foes in front of you with a wave of intense heat.

• Burn (3, 3 sec)

Water Attunement

4: Bubble- 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Channel restorative waters to heal allies around you.

4, sequence: Burst- 0.25 sec. Burst your bubble to cleanse conditions for nearby allies.

5: Snow Storm - 0.75 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a storm of ice and snow to blind and chill enemies at the target location.

• Blind (3 sec)
  • Chill (2 sec)

Air Attunement

4: Forked Lightning - 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Channel lightning to strike your target and nearby foes and make them vulnerable.

5: Thunderclap- 2 sec channel, 30 sec cd. Block the next attack and counter by dazing nearby enemies.

• Daze (2 sec)

5, sequence: Rushing Wind - 0.25 sec. Grant swiftness to nearby allies.

• Swiftness (10 sec)

Earth Attunement

4: Magnetic Storm - 0.5 sec, 25 sec cd. Unleash a wave of magnetic energy that travels forward, crippling foes and reflecting projectiles.

• Cripple (3 sec)
  • Reflects projectiles

5: Kinetic Armor - 0.25 sec, 30 sec cd. Call earth to your aid with a blast and gain defensive boons.

• Protection (3 sec)
  • Stability (3, 3 sec)
  • Blast Finisher

UTILITIES: Manipulations

Heal: Restorative Enchantments - 1 sec, 20 sec cd. Heal yourself and gain additional healing for each boon.

Utility 1: Melt Enchantments - 0.25 sec, 15 sec cd. Decrease the duration of your target's boons and inflict burning.

• Burn (1 sec)

Utility 2: Mist Cloak - 3 sec channel, 3 sec cd. Conjure an obscuring mist around you and grant stealth to nearby allies.

• Stealth (0.5 sec)

Utility 3: Wind Step - 0.5 sec, 30 sec cooldown. Teleport to the target location and gain superspeed.

• Superspeed (3 sec)

Utility 4: Magnetic Reflection - 3 sec channel, 30 sec cooldown. Engulf yourself in magnetic energy to reflect incoming conditions back to their source.

• Magnetic Reflection (0.5 sec) - Incoming conditions are reflected back to their source.

Elite: Arcane Reverberation - 60 sec cd. Break stuns and reduce the remaining recharge on your elemental attunements.

• Breaks stuns

TRAITS:

Minors

Adept Minor: Primordial Embers - Gain access to Primordial Attunement and Manipulations.

Master Minor: Lingering Flames - Increase the duration of boons on nearby allies when you attune to a primordial element.

Grandmaster Minor: Flames of Enchantment - Grant boons to nearby allies when you attune to a primordial element.

Adept

Adept 1: Frost Burn - Chill and burn nearby foes when you attune to a primordial element.

• Burn (3 sec)
  • Chill (3 sec)

Adept 2: Backdraft - Weaken nearby foes and gain superspeed when you attune to a primordial element.

• Weakness (5 sec)
  • Superspeed (3 sec)
  • Blast finisher

Adept 3: Reforge- Conditions cleansed while attuned to primordial water are instead converted into boons.

Master

Master 1: Ether Combustion - 1 sec cd (unique per target). Cast Lesser Melt Enchantments when you inflict burning.

• Burn (1 sec)

Master 2: Primordial Echoes - Your blast finishers increase the duration of boons on nearby allies.

Master 3: Manipulate Enchantments - Convert conditions into boons when you activate manipulation skills.

Grandmaster

Grandmaster 1: Fan the Flames - Gain offensive boons when you cast a spell while attuned to a primordial element.

• Might (2, 10 sec)
  • Fury (2 sec)

Grandmaster 2: Primordial Auramancy - Gain an aura when you attune to a primordial element.

Grandmaster 3: Ward from Harm- Break stuns and gain defensive boons when you attune to a primordial element.

• Aegis (1 sec)
  • Protection (1 sec)
  • Breaks stuns

This is really cool but I just do not feel like shamanism belongs with an ele concept wise for some reason, I understand there are different elements but its just to close to druidism in the dnd world. What I think would be an interesting specialization is being able to transform into elemental avatars, with more powerful and unique abilities. But then again it might be a little redundant because of tempest.

@shinta.8906 said:thx for your answer @ allarius

the problem of an offhand is - however good its gonna be - that we get either dagger or scepter as mainhand. both are unviable in their mechanic, application and raw damage numbers. we ve seen this happening to warhorn allrdy.

thx to lazy traits like elemental polyphony and elements of rage which kinda substituted a needed overhaul of all the weaponskills/-traits we on top see now balance that even gut us more by having those two traits in mind and use.

so unless ur new spec can not change the ele developer i feel like its not gonna work.

sry for my tone again and thx for your reply.

I completely agree. Even if players find a way to make these weapons work (scepter and dagger), that doesn't mean the weapons and the overall profession do not need a balancing pass to improve performance, synergy, and remove internal conflict consistent with all aspects of the game.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@"Allarius.5670" said:

ELITE SPECIALIZATION
: Shaman

MECHANICS
: Primordial Attunement

F5:
Primordial Attunement
- 30 sec cd. Channel the primordial element of your current attunement and gain access to new skills. You cannot attune to a different element while attuned to a primordial element.

F5, sequence:
Extinguish
- 5 sec cd. Return to your normal elemental attunements.

Primordial Fire

1:
Lava Arrow
- 1 sec. Conjure a lava arrow to burn your foe. Conjure additional arrows to strike enemies near your target.
  • Burn (2 sec)

2:
Flaming Orb
- 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a swirling orb of flame to burn foes at the target location.
  • Burn (2 sec)
  • Fire field

3:
Searing Flames
- 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Blast your foes at the target location, dealing damage and inflicting burn. Deal additional damage to foes that are already burning.
  • Burn (6 sec)
  • Blast finisher

4:
Ashen Armor
- 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in swirling ashes to blind nearby foes.
  • Blind (3 sec)

5:
Meteor
- 0.5 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a massive meteor to strike foes at the target location after a short delay.
  • Burn (3, 3 sec)
  • Knockdown
  • Blast finisher

Primordial Water

1:
Ice Javelin
- 1 sec. Conjure an icy javelin that pierces enemies and makes them vulnerable.
  • Pierces

2:
Water Orb
- 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a swirling orb of restorative waters to heal allies at the target location.
  • Water field

3:
Rust
- 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Hex your foes at the target location, converting boons into vulnerability and inflicting chill.
  • Chill (2 sec)

4:
Mist Armor
- 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in blurring mists to slip free from conditions.

5:
Maelstrom
- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a storm of ice at the target location to chill and daze enemies within.
  • Chill (2 sec)
  • Daze (0.5 sec)
  • Ice field

Primordial Air

1:
Shocking Arrow
- 1 sec. Conjure a shocking arrow that has increased chance to critically strike vulnerable foes.

2:
Electric Orb
- 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure a pulsing orb of electricity to damage foes and make them vulnerable at the target location.
  • Lightning field

3:
Enervating Charge
- 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Strike foes at the target location that inflicts weakness and grants fury for each enemy struck.
  • Weakness (5 sec)
  • Fury (2 sec)
  • Unblockable

4:
Polaric Armor
- 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in an electric charge to gain superspeed and reflect projectiles.
  • Superspeed (0.5 sec)

5:
Wind Blast
- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Release a torrent of wind to blind and launch nearby enemies.
  • Blind (5 sec)

Primordial Earth

1:
Stone Daggers
- 1 sec. Conjure stone daggers to bleed your foe.
  • Bleed (5 sec)

2:
Magnetic Orb
- 2 sec channel, 5 sec cd. Conjure an orb of magnetic energy that gathers rocks and stones to bleed and cripple enemies at the target location.
  • Bleed (5 sec)
  • Cripple (1 sec)
  • Light field

3:
Crystalline Hide
- 0.5 sec, 10 sec cd. Cleanse conditions and enchant your allies with defensive boons at the target location.
  • Aegis (3 sec)
  • Protection (3 sec)

4:
Magnetic Armor
- 2 sec channel, 20 sec cd. Engulf yourself in magnetic energy, drawing in a field of sand to dampen incoming damage.

5:
Quicksand
- 1 sec, 30 sec cd. Weaken the earth around you to inhibit nearby foes.
  • Bleed (5 sec)
  • Immobilize (1 sec)
  • Slow (1 sec)

WEAPON
: Shield

Fire Attunement

4:
Cinder Shield
- 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Block the next attack and counter by burning your foe.
  • Burn (2, 3 sec)
  • Evade (0.5 sec)

4, sequence:
Flame Armor
- 0.25 sec cast. Gain Fire Aura.
  • Fire Aura (4 sec)

5:
Heat Wave
- 0.5 sec cast, 30 sec cd. Burn foes in front of you with a wave of intense heat.
  • Burn (3, 3 sec)

Water Attunement

4:
Bubble
- 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Channel restorative waters to heal allies around you.

4, sequence:
Burst
- 0.25 sec. Burst your bubble to cleanse conditions for nearby allies.

5:
Snow Storm
- 0.75 sec, 30 sec cd. Conjure a storm of ice and snow to blind and chill enemies at the target location.
  • Blind (3 sec)
  • Chill (2 sec)

Air Attunement

4:
Forked Lightning
- 2 sec channel, 25 sec cd. Channel lightning to strike your target and nearby foes and make them vulnerable.

5:
Thunderclap
- 2 sec channel, 30 sec cd. Block the next attack and counter by dazing nearby enemies.
  • Daze (2 sec)

5, sequence:
Rushing Wind
- 0.25 sec. Grant swiftness to nearby allies.
  • Swiftness (10 sec)

Earth Attunement

4:
Magnetic Storm
- 0.5 sec, 25 sec cd. Unleash a wave of magnetic energy that travels forward, crippling foes and reflecting projectiles.
  • Cripple (3 sec)
  • Reflects projectiles

5:
Kinetic Armor
- 0.25 sec, 30 sec cd. Call earth to your aid with a blast and gain defensive boons.
  • Protection (3 sec)
  • Stability (3, 3 sec)
  • Blast Finisher

UTILITIES
: Manipulations

Heal:
Restorative Enchantments
- 1 sec, 20 sec cd. Heal yourself and gain additional healing for each boon.

Utility 1:
Melt Enchantments
- 0.25 sec, 15 sec cd. Decrease the duration of your target's boons and inflict burning.
  • Burn (1 sec)

Utility 2:
Mist Cloak
- 3 sec channel, 3 sec cd. Conjure an obscuring mist around you and grant stealth to nearby allies.
  • Stealth (0.5 sec)

Utility 3:
Wind Step
- 0.5 sec, 30 sec cooldown. Teleport to the target location and gain superspeed.
  • Superspeed (3 sec)

Utility 4:
Magnetic Reflection
- 3 sec channel, 30 sec cooldown. Engulf yourself in magnetic energy to reflect incoming conditions back to their source.

Elite:
Arcane Reverberation
- 60 sec cd. Break stuns and reduce the remaining recharge on your elemental attunements.
  • Breaks stuns

TRAITS
:

Minors

Adept Minor:
Primordial Embers
- Gain access to Primordial Attunement and Manipulations.

Master Minor:
Lingering Flames
- Increase the duration of boons on nearby allies when you attune to a primordial element.

Grandmaster Minor:
Flames of Enchantment
- Grant boons to nearby allies when you attune to a primordial element.

Adept

Adept 1:
Frost Burn
- Chill and burn nearby foes when you attune to a primordial element.
  • Burn (3 sec)
  • Chill (3 sec)

Adept 2:
Backdraft
- Weaken nearby foes and gain superspeed when you attune to a primordial element.
  • Weakness (5 sec)
  • Superspeed (3 sec)
  • Blast finisher

Adept 3:
Reforge
- Conditions cleansed while attuned to primordial water are instead converted into boons.

Master

Master 1:
Ether Combustion
- 1 sec cd (unique per target). Cast Lesser Melt Enchantments when you inflict burning.
  • Burn (1 sec)

Master 2:
Primordial Echoes
- Your blast finishers increase the duration of boons on nearby allies.

Master 3:
Manipulate Enchantments
- Convert conditions into boons when you activate manipulation skills.

Grandmaster

Grandmaster 1:
Fan the Flames
- Gain offensive boons when you cast a spell while attuned to a primordial element.
  • Might (2, 10 sec)
  • Fury (2 sec)

Grandmaster 2:
Primordial Auramancy
- Gain an aura when you attune to a primordial element.

Grandmaster 3:
Ward from Harm
- Break stuns and gain defensive boons when you attune to a primordial element.
  • Aegis (1 sec)
  • Protection (1 sec)
  • Breaks stuns

This is really cool but I just do not feel like shamanism belongs with an ele concept wise for some reason, I understand there are different elements but its just to close to druidism in the dnd world. What I think would be an interesting specialization is being able to transform into elemental avatars, with more powerful and unique abilities. But then again it might be a little redundant because of tempest.

GW certainly has some interesting takes on fantasy tropes that often deviate from normal interpretations in obvious or subtle ways. The alternative name that was not posted was "Ember" or "Ember Heart", drawing from a "primordial flame of elemental creation" theme that can be seen in the minor traits. Maybe one of those might be more suitable.

Archived