Need help with gear for Druid

Clostridium.9832

Hello!So I have decided to gear up my ranger and play durid, checked the recommended build on SnowCrows which is full harrier gear. After checking around I've realised that the only 2 ways of getting Harrier's stats is farming Superior Buried treasures (and it looks like farming is not really worth the time investment) and by buying it for magnetite shards. I also thought about crafting a every ascended piece I need with some other stat combo like berserker then only getting the insignias and swapping stats, this way I'd only need to get the accessories from magnetite shards. So should I just buy everything from raids or stat swapping the armors and weapons would be ideal?

this comes down to what you think is best but.... i play druid/ ranger in full zerker all the time and dont have to meany issues with it. if you are trying to run druid as the healer it might be cheeper to run with magi gear exsotic its cheep and worth it for healing. from what i can tell you dont realy need the concencartion from harrier. that is prity mutch i have to say on this for right now.

If you have easy access to magnetites, or enough of them, buy them with magnetites. It's much cheaper. Also there's a chance of getting ascended equipment dropped from bosses. The accessories are a little bit expensive, 250 magnetites per accesory hurts a little, so I'd say buy the armor first with magnetites and farm LS3 maps for trinkets if you don't have enough magnetites for the whole set.

If you don't have easy access to magnetites, then changing stats is a good option. That's what I did when the meta changed from magi to harrier, since I already had the magi set, and it wasn't expensive. But if you still need to craft the set... I think even buying the set from fractals or pvp with marks is cheaper than crafting.

Anyway, just a side note. If you're going to do raids/fractals with this set: you do need harrier and its concentration, magi doesn't work anymore. You're the one that provides might to the party, so you need to reach 100% BD.

Edit: minstrel is better for fractals but if you are planning to do raids with the same set, you don't have any option but to take harrier.

Harriers is not mandatory even if you do fractals, it’s the best option sure, since it gives you concentration (boon duration) which makes maintaining all your booms much easier. However, Magi gear will do just fine.

And if you plan on doing just fractals and/or open world minstrels or clerics would also work, but they won’t work in raids due to the high toughness, unless you’re tanking for some reason, which would be really weird and probably pretty difficult.

@nia.4725 said:If you have easy access to magnetites, or enough of them, buy them with magnetites. It's much cheaper. Also there's a chance of getting ascended equipment dropped from bosses. The accessories are a little bit expensive, 250 magnetites per accesory hurts a little, so I'd say buy the armor first with magnetites and farm LS3 maps for trinkets if you don't have enough magnetites for the whole set.

If you don't have easy access to magnetites, then changing stats is a good option. That's what I did when the meta changed from magi to harrier, since I already had the magi set, and it wasn't expensive. But if you still need to craft the set... I think even buying the set from fractals or pvp with marks is cheaper than crafting.

Anyway, just a side note. If you're going to do raids/fractals with this set: you do need harrier and its concentration, magi doesn't work anymore. You're the one that provides might to the party, so you need to reach 100% BD.

Edit: minstrel is better for fractals but if you are planning to do raids with the same set, you don't have any option but to take harrier.

Thanks for the input, yes Im planning on raiding with druid so Ill go for harrier's then. I participate in some successful pug runs in raids so Im sure Ill be able to buy some armor pieces. Also Im gonna farm LS3 maps for accessories as you've suggested and also get some armor pieces with grandmaster marks, since I dont have a set of medium armor that I've already crafted.

@Clostridium.9832 said:

@nia.4725 said:If you have easy access to magnetites, or enough of them, buy them with magnetites. It's much cheaper. Also there's a chance of getting ascended equipment dropped from bosses. The accessories are a little bit expensive, 250 magnetites per accesory hurts a little, so I'd say buy the armor first with magnetites and farm LS3 maps for trinkets if you don't have enough magnetites for the whole set.

Thanks for the input, yes Im planning on raiding with druid so Ill go for harrier's then. I participate in some successful pug runs in raids so Im sure Ill be able to buy some armor pieces. Also Im gonna farm LS3 maps for accessories as you've suggested and also get some armor pieces with grandmaster marks, since I dont have a set of medium armor that I've already crafted.

Also wait until the end of your raids. Yesterday I was about to buy the pieces I need for my minstrel druid fractal build, but then I thought... what if a boss drops me an armor chest? It wouldn't be the first time I buy something and then, the next day, a boss drops me that thing x'DD.

Gl with those raids : )

Archived