Sevenshot should be changed to a backwards evade skill that leaves a trail of torment.

Bewt.9258

@"Matiole.6857" said:

Change my mind.

Sevenshot destroys large hitbox raid bosses in it's current form, applying 98 ticks of torment (not counting projectile finisher and Rampant Vex RNG) for 7 energy... Currently, it's a very efficient and quick way to ramp up your torment stacks in PvE.

I'm sure that what you're proposing is with WvW and sPvP in mind, and while yes, putting an evade onto a skill without one would obviously be helpful in those game modes... It wouldn't even be CLOSE to enough. You'd essentially be taking a way a big chunk of what makes Renegade competitive in a raid environment (a game mode that they actually somewhat excel in) to not even make them good in the other two game modes. Short answer, putting an evade on 7shot wouldn't be enough to make Renegade competative in PvP, it would only make them worse in endgame PvE.

All for BBP being a projectile finisher tho, cuz why not.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Matiole.6857" said:

Change my mind.

Sevenshot destroys large hitbox raid bosses in it's current form, applying 98 ticks of torment (not counting projectile finisher and Rampant Vex RNG) for 7 energy... Currently, it's a very efficient and quick way to ramp up your torment stacks in PvE.

I'm sure that what you're proposing is with WvW and sPvP in mind, and while yes, putting an evade onto a skill without one would obviously be helpful in those game modes... It wouldn't even be CLOSE to enough. You'd essentially be taking a way a big chunk of what makes Renegade competitive in a raid environment (a game mode that they actually somewhat excel in) to not even make them good in the other two game modes. Short answer, putting an evade on 7shot wouldn't be enough to make Renegade competative in PvP, it would only make them worse in endgame PvE.

All you would have to do would be to move one or two steps forward and use the skill to drop yourself back, leaving the aoe torment on the large hit-box enemy to tick as much torment as Sevenshot does now. Problem solved.

Also, the renegade traitline punishes us for using our endurance, so having some extra evade frames attached to a weapon skill would benefit us.

@"Matiole.6857" said:

@"Matiole.6857" said:

Change my mind.

All you would have to do would be to move one or two steps forward and use the skill to drop yourself back, leaving the aoe torment on the large hit-box enemy to tick as much torment as Sevenshot does now. Problem solved.

Also, the renegade traitline punishes us for using our endurance, so having some extra evade frames attached to a weapon skill would benefit us.

Stepping right into dhuum's cleave aside, most movement skills are a dps loss due to their long animations. One of the biggest pro's 7 shot has is its quick, chainable aftercast... Especially with how loaded the new renegade rotation is with casts. Unless it was accompanied by a dps buff to go along with the defensive utility being added (unlikely), it would probably fall to the wayside with burning retreat. Also, by channeling the damage into another ground field, you'd no longer be able to use it off cd since now you're potentially delaying casts based around boss movements, as well as waiting for windows to move into the boss' hitbox to drop it without getting one-shot (and also it now basically becomes a melee skill.)

The new short bow changes last patch finnnnaaaally have it feeling somewhat good and seeing some real use in PvE... All I'm saying is can't we just have this one thing for at least a month this time before WvW ruins it for us?

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Matiole.6857" said:

@"Matiole.6857" said:

Change my mind.

Unless it was accompanied by a dps buff to go along with the defensive utility being added (unlikely)

With how many weapon skills for other professions that do good damage while also providing defensive utility, I can totally see it happening for SB.You could do a lot to modify the idea I have, there doesn't even have to be much of an animation if it's a shadowstep.Giving Bloodbane Path projectile finisher would also allow you to keep the combo with Spiritcrush.It just seems odd to me that we're encouraged to have a full bar of endurance but our weapon doesn't offer us any evade frames.I will concede that Sevenshot is good for large hit-box raid bosses I wouldn't like to see the skill replaced with something that would make renegade under perform.

Archived