Any tips on landing Bull's Charge reliably?

shoopsy.2357

Having a real hard time landing Bull's Charge on anything farther than 600 range. Either I completely miss or overshoot my targets. Watching vids on youtube, I sometimes see it hit at full range. Is there any trick to it I'm not getting? Would ping be the issue as I'm on SEA and ping is normally 250-270ms.

Things I do to hit reliably:-Charge at less than 600 range-Charge at non strafing enemies-Chain it with shield bash(also can't seem to get the full 450 range of this) or another hard/soft cc

TYIA!

@"Outsider.6051" said:Having a real hard time landing Bull's Charge on anything farther than 600 range. Either I completely miss or overshoot my targets. Watching vids on youtube, I sometimes see it hit at full range. Is there any trick to it I'm not getting? Would ping be the issue as I'm on SEA and ping is normally 250-270ms.

Things I do to hit reliably:-Charge at less than 600 range-Charge at non strafing enemies-Chain it with shield bash(also can't seem to get the full 450 range of this) or another hard/soft cc

TYIA!

It's all about timing and positioning, actually all skills have a red line at the bottom, when that line disappear means you are in range to land the skill.

It's pretty hard to land it on a 900 range because any good player will simply move away from you or dodge it so easily. Only if the enemy its with zero dodges left and zero movements ability you can land it at max range.

I think the distance knowledge comes with experience, and by instinct you will know if the skill is in range or not, just practice.

Try use the zig-zag technique as well you remove the enemy target, bull's charge into one random direction and immediately retarget the enemy so you will make a less predictable movement harder to dodge.

@"Outsider.6051" said:Having a real hard time landing Bull's Charge on anything farther than 600 range. Either I completely miss or overshoot my targets. Watching vids on youtube, I sometimes see it hit at full range. Is there any trick to it I'm not getting? Would ping be the issue as I'm on SEA and ping is normally 250-270ms.

TYIA!

It's definitely ping oriented that is not allowing you to connect - lately it's been really bad. Try this with any similar leaps on other classes/weapons, you will generally get the same behaviour. I know this because this is exactly what I experience (this does not happen with insta-port skills). As a note, you will see that any skill on weapon involving a leap-type movement will either send you around half the distance range or catapult you backwards or do something like make you travel in an L-shaped direction. It's most obvious on bull's charge and gs 5. This is what people like us have to contend with who experience higher latencies. If you ever experience normal pings you can definitely tell the difference between the range and hits when they connect. This is why I mention that first and foremost I am not fighting other players, I am fighting with the lag. I've brought up suggestion that maybe Anet should consider to proxy connections of all sea/ocx/aus users to a nearer localised amazon server, because even with the added overhead to the network packets, it will still end up being lower ping and more stable compared to our direct connections.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

TYIA!

It's all about timing and positioning, actually all skills have a red line at the bottom, when that line disappear means you are in range to land the skill.

It's pretty hard to land it on a 900 range because any good player will simply move away from you or dodge it so easily. Only if the enemy its with zero dodges left and zero movements ability you can land it at max range.

I think the distance knowledge comes with experience, and by instinct you will know if the skill is in range or not, just practice.

Try use the zig-zag technique as well you remove the enemy target, bull's charge into one random direction and immediately retarget the enemy so you will make a less predictable movement harder to dodge.

The skill retarget trick is nice, will try that thanks! Will be pretty helpful baiting out chasers too.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

TYIA!

It's definitely ping oriented that is not allowing you to connect - lately it's been really bad. Try this with any similar leaps on other classes/weapons, you will generally get the same behaviour. I know this because this is exactly what I experience (this does not happen with insta-port skills). As a note, you will see that any skill on weapon involving a leap-type movement will either send you around half the distance range or catapult you backwards or do something like make you travel in an L-shaped direction. It's most obvious on bull's charge and gs 5. This is what people like us have to contend with who experience higher latencies. If you ever experience normal pings you can definitely tell the difference between the range and hits when they connect. This is why I mention that first and foremost I am not fighting other players, I am fighting with the lag. I've brought up suggestion that maybe Anet should consider to proxy connections of all sea/ocx/aus users to a nearer localised amazon server, because even with the added overhead to the network packets, it will still end up being lower ping and more stable compared to our direct connections.

Ping got worse when they moved the servers out from the east coast I think. Used to average 200-220. Makes me feel bad. I love the straight up aggressive playstyle of warr builds with bulls charge.

Archived