Make WvW Alliance vs Alliance (Not a 3 way)

Make all red territory neutral and make WvW alliance vs alliance when alliances come out so no 2 alliances can just form up and control WvW for rewards. You will have alliances form alliances with alliances to just beat the better alliance. Nobody wants that. Increase the population max by 50%-100% to make up for the lack of a third world.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Alliances couldnt form alliances any better than current servers can doubleteam.

True but if they introduce rewards with the alliance system, alliances can just team up against other alliances. I been with and against a double team. Personally, I think that it is a coward move lol..

Depends who the double team is against. Usually it involves skritting on the weakest server which is kinda cowardly I guess. However what happened with BG, SBI (kaineng) and JQ was admirable in my opinion. Joining forces to take down the big number 1 is a great feat.

All the maps are designed for three-way fights. I doubt Anet will change that and I don't think that would be a good thing to do. With the WvW overhaul and alliances Anet has (IMHO) the last chance to introduce a mechanic that rewards a team-up vs. the strongest server and not like it is now: The one squeezes out the most of the weakest server gets rewarded. It does not matter whether we we stay on the current system or have fast changing alliances each and every week. incentives to team up against the leading force has to be enforced by design.

Alliances will be randomly placed into worlds at creation, there is no guarantee that an alliance with an alliance with another alliance will be placed in the same alliance world, also alliances will already have set alliances from this because they're in same population with other alliances so that's an automatic alliance. If alliances of other worlds temporarily join up to double team the other alliance, it's no different than guilds doing the same exact thing these days, and still heavily comes down to having enough commanders to carry out the double team because players won't do this on their own.

The game is a three way battle for a reason, so that one side does not get crushed into quitting for the week, it somewhat happens now because of the coverage issues which will hopefully mostly go away with the revamp. This happens quite often in two sided matches, even in spvp when you see your side is going to lose players give up and let the match run out quickly. The third team acts as a buffer, when a 2nd team goes away the 3rd becomes the focus and gives time for the other team to recover numbers and morale, or it can be used for a hard double team but that requires organization and coordination with others to pull off, but because wvw is 24/7 it's hard to sustain that type of push over that length of time.

Kaineng's alliance managed it because they have commanders for every time zone, something Titan alliance showed us from day one and yet six years later still rarely happens. And yes what SBI/Kain JQ/SoR managed was great, it showed BG could be beaten and in fact it should have happened a lot sooner, but it also showed the lack of coordination and also lack of commanders on servers to pull it off.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Alliances couldnt form alliances any better than current servers can doubleteam.

True but if they introduce rewards with the alliance system, alliances can just team up against other alliances. I been with and against a double team. Personally, I think that it is a coward move lol..

Depends who the double team is against. Usually it involves skritting on the weakest server which is kinda cowardly I guess. However what happened with BG, SBI (kaineng) and JQ was admirable in my opinion. Joining forces to take down the big number 1 is a great feat.

A satisfying week that was ,but after effects will be felt but that is the game now days.

@"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:Make all red territory neutral and make WvW alliance vs alliance when alliances come out so no 2 alliances can just form up and control WvW for rewards. You will have alliances form alliances with alliances to just beat the better alliance. Nobody wants that. Increase the population max by 50%-100% to make up for the lack of a third world.

I've been saying this for over three years.

Ever single tournaments ended, the 'double teaming' and collusion is just insane and anti "fair game".

Bring back skill, rather than people just talking in teamspeak or discord and saying where any group is.

I believe that gaming should be by IP - if you have a character, you can only choose one server for WvW, by your IP, no matter how manyaccounts you have. That would be a definite end to most if not all collusion even in a two way battle.

The game has to be fair or the mode is one that most put down pretty darn fast - never to return - and we need those people in WvW.

its also simple tactics, oh the those guys got an inc there, lets go to the opposite direction, maybe we get it while they are distracted

or well we wont reach the first place anyway and hes pushing at the other server, lets push pn them too, to keep them low and our points ahead of theirs

Cuz Horde vs Alliance was ALWAYS exciting, balanced and fair gameplay, right? I'm using WoW as an example since most of us have played it. Take AV from TBC/Wrath era. In a straight rushing game, Alliance will down Drek before Horde can down Van 8 or 9 times out of 10. But if the Horde forces a turtle, they win on reinforcements the same 80 or 90%. Everybody knew it, that was just how the matches went. Not much in the way of variables. But if there was a 3rd faction involved, the matches would suddenly have been a lot less predictable. Which made it more fun when Ivus or Lok was on the field.

;tldr RvRvR is more interesting and chaotic than simple 2-faction games.

@"Optimator.3589" said:Cuz Horde vs Alliance was ALWAYS exciting, balanced and fair gameplay, right? I'm using WoW as an example since most of us have played it. Take AV from TBC/Wrath era. In a straight rushing game, Alliance will down Drek before Horde can down Van 8 or 9 times out of 10. But if the Horde forces a turtle, they win on reinforcements the same 80 or 90%. Everybody knew it, that was just how the matches went. Not much in the way of variables. But if there was a 3rd faction involved, the matches would suddenly have been a lot less predictable. Which made it more fun when Ivus or Lok was on the field.

Are we really trying to cite one terrible example as proof? How many competitive games are 1v1? A lot. There are a lot of those that are actually balanced well too. Of course the issue is WvWvW isn't competitive in the same sense as "eSportsOmg." Two main attributes for this is the 24/7 persistence in addition to it being 3 way.

However some problems in the reality of WvW(vW) that have arisen are...

1. 3 ways lag
  2. 2 servers usually go after the weaker for points in the end. Only rarely is the strongest server facing a 2v1 (irony is a certain server has received the last 2 well known 2v1's for NA)
  3. When a server feels they're too weak they will just back cap empty things avoiding "pvp"

As long as people accept WvWvW as a casual hot join mode then yes. It is more interesting and chaotic than 2-faction games.

@Optimator.3589 said:Cuz Horde vs Alliance was ALWAYS exciting, balanced and fair gameplay, right? I'm using WoW as an example since most of us have played it. Take AV from TBC/Wrath era. In a straight rushing game, Alliance will down Drek before Horde can down Van 8 or 9 times out of 10. But if the Horde forces a turtle, they win on reinforcements the same 80 or 90%. Everybody knew it, that was just how the matches went. Not much in the way of variables. But if there was a 3rd faction involved, the matches would suddenly have been a lot less predictable. Which made it more fun when Ivus or Lok was on the field.

My wow server horde won av most of the time. Same reason the horde faction was stacked.

Archived