Grandmaster Mark Shard for PvP

phs.6089

anet isn't going to add that to any reward track .the value of grandmaster marks are determined by mats value which are affected by gameplay , droprate and daily craft limit .Your suggest might devalue the other gamemode reward and it's harder to balance .

I think better way is just to add more tradable stuff into reward track , even scroll or currency for crafting experience would be much easier to balance around .something you can exchange transmutation charges and level tome for .

and ofc , add hero point to pvp reword vendor just like wvw . yeah pure pvp players don't need that but pvp mode needs population . variety of reward helps without screwing other game mode reward like season 5 did .

@phs.6089 said:Only 3 per seson. So Yup

They aren't needed in PvP, that 3 per season, there are an average of 4 seasons per year ( 5 depending on how far it overlaps over the new year ) meaning you can get 12-15 Grandmaster Marks per year in PvP,

In WvW you need 10 weeks to get 1 Mark, so 5 per year total.

If anything it needs a buff in WvW not PvP

by adding those into PvP. PvP will get fresh blood as it will take things back when PvPes didn't need anything but PvP to get gear for WvW /fractals/raids etc. people could farm the gear they need, without being forced to PVE & Craft.

PvP league and WvW Skirmish reward tracks are difficult to compare due to the reset time differences. Whereas is PvP you can complete all chests over the course of 1-2 weeks or the full 8 week season and still have the same rewards (for the same quantity of chests), WvW skirmish track resets each week and requires a more consistent level of commitment on a weekly basis.

Prior to grandmaster shards, WvW players had to craft all of their Marks which was to a degree unfair since PvPers were able to get 3 free per season.

The update was a move in the right direction IMO.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:U get 3 marks in a season (a season is 8 weeks + 2 weeks offseason). Lets do the math with me. PvP: 10 weeks = 3 marks. WvW: 10 weeks = 30 shards right? Which is 3 marks or am I mistaken?Science guys.. Science ...

Maths, yes. Science? Not really.

Math is a Form of science so yes it's correct .. even if it May look a Bit weird

@norbes.3620 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" said:U get 3 marks in a season (a season is 8 weeks + 2 weeks offseason). Lets do the math with me. PvP: 10 weeks = 3 marks. WvW: 10 weeks = 30 shards right? Which is 3 marks or am I mistaken?Science guys.. Science ...

Math is a Form of science so yes it's correct .. even if it May look a Bit weird

Not really. It's grey area as in most cases science is empirical. Math's not that. Math can be a tool for science - like chemistry, biology or physics. But it's not science itself. "Maths is a language of science" - this is probably my fav quote about this.

http://euclid.trentu.ca/math/sb/misc/mathsci.html

https://arachnoid.com/is_math_a_science/

https://www.quora.com/Is-mathematics-a-science

https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/14818/is-mathematics-considered-a-science?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" said:U get 3 marks in a season (a season is 8 weeks + 2 weeks offseason). Lets do the math with me. PvP: 10 weeks = 3 marks. WvW: 10 weeks = 30 shards right? Which is 3 marks or am I mistaken?Science guys.. Science ...

Not really. It's grey area as in most cases science is empirical. Math's not that. Math can be a tool for science - like chemistry, biology or physics. But it's not science itself. "Maths is a language of science" - this is probably my fav quote about this.

I guess you have won

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:U get 3 marks in a season (a season is 8 weeks + 2 weeks offseason). Lets do the math with me. PvP: 10 weeks = 3 marks. WvW: 10 weeks = 30 shards right? Which is 3 marks or am I mistaken?Science guys.. Science ...

I guess you have won

Too bad it's off season

Archived