Dragonbrand

Krustydog.3072

So came back to the game after a year or two off. Was on SoS and decided to transfer to a lower server because Necro plagues covering every map 24/7 was not much fun for me. I have had a blast on Dragonbrand. The commanders are savvy and people just generally pretty nice overall. Just wanted to post this to let them know they are appreciated.

I am glad that you found a server you are happy with. I have been on SoS since day one and feel too loyal to leave though I have been thinking about doing so more and more. However, with the upcoming changes there seems little point in spending the money to transfer. I too despise the uncreative, meta game play of some servers as well as the lack of collaborative strategy with our commanders to work effectively at overcoming the dominant server. Too many people just want to get their bags rather than overcome a challenge but each to their own.

@Silvatar.5379 said:I am glad that you found a server you are happy with. I have been on SoS since day one and feel too loyal to leave though I have been thinking about doing so more and more. However, with the upcoming changes there seems little point in spending the money to transfer. I too despise the uncreative, meta game play of some servers as well as the lack of collaborative strategy with our commanders to work effectively at overcoming the dominant server. Too many people just want to get their bags rather than overcome a challenge but each to their own.

First server change is always free I believe

Really?! I've been on Dragonbrand since the day GW2 launched, and it never seemed to have much of a WvW community. But, then again, I haven't done WvW in over a year, and I'm sure that the time that I've been going is the off times for that world. I'm not calling you a liar or anything. I'm just surprised is all. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Welcome to Dragonbrand!

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Silvatar.5379 said:I am glad that you found a server you are happy with. I have been on SoS since day one and feel too loyal to leave though I have been thinking about doing so more and more. However, with the upcoming changes there seems little point in spending the money to transfer. I too despise the uncreative, meta game play of some servers as well as the lack of collaborative strategy with our commanders to work effectively at overcoming the dominant server. Too many people just want to get their bags rather than overcome a challenge but each to their own.

Only if you have a free-to-play account that you then upgrade to a bought account.

@Chaba.5410 said:

Only if you have a free-to-play account that you then upgrade to a bought account.

Point still stands though

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:Really?! I've been on Dragonbrand since the day GW2 launched, and it never seemed to have much of a WvW community. But, then again, I haven't done WvW in over a year, and I'm sure that the time that I've been going is the off times for that world. I'm not calling you a liar or anything. I'm just surprised is all. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Welcome to Dragonbrand!

I picked Dragonbrand because they were dead last. We have climbed one spot since then and have been doing decent against the higher server that drops down. Still a ways to go but seems like we are out there fighting and giving it the old college try.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Silvatar.5379" said:I am glad that you found a server you are happy with. I have been on SoS since day one and feel too loyal to leave though I have been thinking about doing so more and more. However, with the upcoming changes there seems little point in spending the money to transfer. I too despise the uncreative, meta game play of some servers as well as the lack of collaborative strategy with our commanders to work effectively at overcoming the dominant server. Too many people just want to get their bags rather than overcome a challenge but each to their own.

Point still stands though

Huh? If you have a regular account, there is no free transfer (unless you want to delete all your characters). Free-to-play accounts get a free first transfer because they cannot transfer worlds at all until they are upgraded to a paid account.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"High House Dobby.5316" said:Since you're on DB... If you see Monkey talking on team chat. Just ignore him. He's an outlier.

I miss being called a noob by someone so stupid he frequently misspells 4 letter words....like "noob".

Wait, DB has a Monkey too? We also have a Monkey who will misspell anything (I'm on TC). Does every server have a Monkey??? :open_mouth:

@Helreginn.1894 said:

@"High House Dobby.5316" said:Since you're on DB... If you see Monkey talking on team chat. Just ignore him. He's an outlier.

I miss being called a noob by someone so stupid he frequently misspells 4 letter words....like "noob".

Wait, DB has a Monkey too? We also have a Monkey who will misspell anything (I'm on TC). Does every server have a Monkey??? :open_mouth:

Naw... the TC account is his alt account. Same guy... only two servers as far as I know

@Helreginn.1894 said:

Mans been on DB since release, it's probably the same guy though lol.

@Zalani.9827 said:

He hasn't been on DB since release. He was on BP for a very long time before moving to DB.

@Zalani.9827 said:

What? No. Monkey is Borlis Pass OG.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

He hasn't been on DB since release. He was on BP for a very long time before moving to DB.

I'm prob mixing up names then but I swear we had someone who acted just like him in the earlier years.

Anyways, mans name sure gets around.

Ok, Monkey on TC has a thief main. Is a very good scout and things he would say be like " Noob commander etc etc" if a commander responds late to his scout call.Will piss off any trebber or mortar user cos they are using it wrong if they not aiming properly.

So...sound like the same guy?

@Chaba.5410 said:

What? No. Monkey is Borlis Pass OG.

BORLIS NOOBS!!!!

Archived