How and When to use Orders from Above?

Knighthonor.4061

*Orders from Above:Orders from above arrive, renewing your abilities and those of your nearby allies.

with the high cost, and Alacrity which I cant find a usefulness for, I just cant seem to find a reason to ever use this skill. Even when I am playing support, my other Support skills seem far more valuable to use that high energy cost on, when I want to support allies instead of dps.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:*Orders from Above:Orders from above arrive, renewing your abilities and those of your nearby allies.

with the high cost, and Alacrity which I cant find a usefulness for, I just cant seem to find a reason to ever use this skill. Even when I am playing support, my other Support skills seem far more valuable to use that high energy cost on, when I want to support allies instead of dps.

It mostly depends on your role and what you want to achieve. If you’re playing any form of renegade and notice poor alacrity uptime from your chrono you can pop it to give them some extra help. Additionally if you’re paired with a Firebrand there is a 26k+ benchmark for renegade that can do 95% alacrity uptime for its subgroup if a few rune and sigil changes are made (100% when factoring in the extra alacrity from chrono shield 5 in the other group). Support renegade with Ventari easily does 100% alacrity uptime with Orders from Above in its rotation (can be paired with Quickbrand Support DPS). If you’re in between phases on a boss it’s a useful skill to use for allies even when you’re a full dps build. For solo it’s helpful to reduce heal cooldowns a little bit if you need to for whatever reason which happens in some situations.

The usefulness of the skill depends on the setting. While solo, it's pretty useless as Renegade skills have very low cooldowns; as DPS, it's far too expensive to use unless there is down time between phases; as Support in a group with a support Chronomancer, it's useless as the Chronomancer should be able to keep up Alacrity on their own; as a support in a group without a Chronomancer, it is the most important skill to be using, above all other skills in your kit, assuming your group isn't eating every boss mechanic.

Archived