What is the deal with infinite Horizon

Palmillo.9756

Hi all,

I have just started playing again after two years, now. Bought PoH, and still getting used to it. Since I only play PvP, then I am learning all about Mirage traits and skills, so later on decide what build to run. In case you wonder, I already checked Metabattle and so on.But in order to get to my beloved build, I would like to understand the point in Infinite Horizon. Why would I need my clones to have Mirage Cloak? Phantasms, that is ok, since they do damage when they attack. But Clones doesn't make sense to my. The damage would do would be so small, and the fact that a phantasm becomes a clone after their first attack implies that this trait would give Mirage Cloak to clones in a 70% or so.

So it is obvios that I am missing something. Con someone please clear this for me?? I would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance

@Palmillo.9756 said:Hi all,

I have just started playing again after two years, now. Bought PoH, and still getting used to it. Since I only play PvP, then I am learning all about Mirage traits and skills, so later on decide what build to run. In case you wonder, I already checked Metabattle and so on.But in order to get to my beloved build, I would like to understand the point in Infinite Horizon. Why would I need my clones to have Mirage Cloak? Phantasms, that is ok, since they do damage when they attack. But Clones doesn't make sense to my. The damage would do would be so small, and the fact that a phantasm becomes a clone after their first attack implies that this trait would give Mirage Cloak to clones in a 70% or so.

So it is obvios that I am missing something. Con someone please clear this for me?? I would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Clones will also do ambush attacks when they gain Mirage Cloak, boosting your Dps considerably.

Clones gaining Mirage Cloak and Ambushes has several benefits.They will apply more conditions or flat damage depending on the weapon, they will evade and survive a bit longer, they will mirror what you do - which may confuse inexperienced players esp. when used in tandem with stealth / target-breaks and adds to overall screen clutter.

OK, great, then. By means of this trait, clones now can be considered for outgoing damage besided from shatter skills. Thank you both!!!

Side note: coming back to play mesmer after two years... whole new story!!! the rework Anet made to them, changed them entirely!!

Archived