Scourge stacking

Lahmia.2193

So what if anet limited the amount of time you could get hit by shade skills per second or so? Make it so an individual scourge could hit you with all their shade skills but that would limit the amount other players could hit you. In theory it would nerf the amount of scourges zergs would take without flushing it down the toilet completely.

*I'm prepared for a lot of hate here.

@"Razi.6031" said:You do that and "blob" players will just bandwagon to the next best aoe spam prof. These Players will always seek the most eazymode prof/build to zombie span while they watch anime :)

There is no other aoe spam prof. like scorge.

@Zero.3871 said:why you open a new thread for it and dont post in 1 of the other 100 threads?

Because I understand that the more anet directly nerfs scourge, the more scourges will be used until the day scourge is utterly useless. I'd rather they nerf the ability to stack scourges than the spec itself.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:Bring at least 5 MM necros in your squad and let the disposable minions take the hits for you.

Did you know throwing down cheap siege blueprints accomplishes the same thing?

And to solve that, they'd just need to make it a player only cap. AI/npcs/siege would not affect it.

@"Zero.3871" said:why you open a new thread for it and dont post in 1 of the other 100 threads?

Be warned, I alluded to this exact thought in a mesmer thread in the pvp forum the other day and had the post removed for being not constructive or disrespectful. (I'm not sure which, it was a generic message from the moderation.) Best to let the people post their threads en masse without scrutiny, I guess.

Anyway, everyone has their own ideas on how the issue of "scourge stacking" should be addressed. Personally I'm tired of every nerf on scourge smacking their viability away from the group as well. I would suggest something so simple as reducing the number of targets that can be struck on any given pulse down to 3.OP's idea is as valid as any, however. I've also read ideas about diminishing returns on overlapping shades. Or smaller shades only, reworking sand savant etc.

~ Kovu

@Solori.6025 said:

@Zero.3871 said:why you open a new thread for it and dont post in 1 of the other 100 threads?

Didn't you do this same thing with a mesmer thread?!

nope

May 23 2018- "Nerfs to condi mes still required."

Yes pot.....yes you did....

hmm, never saw another thread that reminded anet for a catch up on mesmer nerfs in relation to the changed state of condis since 12.12. balance patch.and i am still missing it ;-).

@Zero.3871 said:

nope

hmm, never saw another thread that reminded anet for a catch up on mesmer nerfs in relation to the changed state of condis since 12.12. balance patch.and i am still missing it ;-).

That's the defense you're going with?Sorry pot, you made another " please Nerf Mesmer" thread, what you decided to target is irrelevant because the thread is and still is, a nerf request, like the other 5 that you ignored. So stop being a hypocriteAlso I haven't seen a Nerf thread asking for shade damage to be limited or split .Does that mean this new post is OK then?

@Solori.6025 said:

nope

That's the defense you're going with?Sorry pot, you made another " please Nerf Mesmer" thread, what you decided to target is irrelevant because the thread is and still is, a nerf request, like the other 5 that you ignored. So stop being a hypocriteAlso I haven't seen a Nerf thread asking for shade damage to be limited or split .Does that mean this new post is OK then?

i simply dont see / cant find this 5 mesmer threads when i created my thread, so i think there wasnt one. and bringing back some old threads from 6 month before is lame. but yes, i was to harsh <3 . whatever. last off-topic comment of mine…

to the OP:

the mechanic of punishing classes for stacking their bomb was never a Thing in wvw and never will be. scourge have to counter the boonshare meta and while all the FB , chronos and revs apply boons permanently, scourge has to corrupt permanently. if you decide scourge bomb cant stack, then anet also have to stop boonstacking (unrealistic Scenario), otherwise boonshare meta get uncounterable again.

@Solori.6025 said:

nope

Everyone's a hypocrite, once you realise that it'll stop surprising you.

On topic: they need to tone down scourge aoe, firebrand tankiness, honestly there's a fair argument for not bolting the door when the horse has already bolted tbh.

Archived