Question about Rocket Boots

Wolfb.7025

That's the aftercast for the skill. It's been around for a while, and it used to be much worse.

If you were to try and get around it, you might try dropping a kit or weapon swapping as soon as you hit the ground. Kit dropping seems to kill aftercasts (as is the case with acid bomb). The downside to this is it will negate the gadgeteer bonus superspeed, at least as far as I know.

Edit: Just tried it out -- theory confirmed. Dropping a kit (weapon swap) will end the aftercast, but you won't get the superspeed.

Thanks.

Although i've seen gameplays of people using Rocket Boots without that effect.

4:32

Even the video owner didnt notice the criple effect.

yeah I checked your video and see what you mean, just tested it but I do not have this, your character shouldn't stop moving completely after using it. You can report the bug ingame although I'm not sure if it's really a bug :/

@Wolfb.7025 said:Thanks.

Although i've seen gameplays of people using Rocket Boots without that effect.

SNIP

Even the video owner didnt notice the criple effect.

yeah I checked your video and see what you mean, just tested it but I do not have this, your character shouldn't stop moving completely after using it. You can report the bug ingame although I'm not sure if it's really a bug :/

Mine definitely does it too (human female). It's possible it might have to do with lag, but I have seen it in both high lag and low lag situations.

That video is also accelerated by about 50%.

It's just how it works. You have to choose: stop for the aftercast, get superspeed (if you have the trait) vs cancel the aftercast with a kit swap and keep running, but no superspeed.

The superspeed is better if you're in combat. Otherwise cancel it to go slightly faster.

Archived