Return to the Crystal , what are you hoping to see?

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

12 years ago I was mesmerized by a statue of a female warrior off in the distance. As you moved closer the statue disappeared like a mirage. I didn't know if this was intentional or not, but I stood there watching it phase in and out. I later found out it was called the Lonely Vigil.

I can't wait to see if the Lonely Vigil is a new POI with some lore explanation!https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lonely_Vigil

Well, we've already been to Glint's Lair, so I don't know that we'll be going back there.

This isn't something old, but I'd like to see the dam Palawa Joko built to redirect the Elon River. It's visible on the world map, I don't know if the maps we'll be traveling in the expansion will go there immediately, but that has the potential to be one of those grand, impressive structures along the lines of the Great Northern Wall or Divinity's Reach and its associated dams.

I want to see the Garden of Seborhin, too. It was already pretty visually impressive in GW1, so I can only imagine the field day they've had redesigning it for GW2.

I want to see forgotten.

I'd also like to see the Zephyrites. I know they aren't a GW1 thing but they were one of the my favourite additions to GW2 lore and with their displacement after their ship blew up, I'd like to see at least a faction of them settle down somewhere in the desert, hopefully relating to Glint. They had contact with Glint prior to her death so presumably they spent some time in the desert. There is also the question of what happened to Glint's body (I'm of the understanding some of the Zephyrite magic comes from her body). The exulted were a total disappointment for me, but a group of Zephyrites carrying on Glint's legacy could be interesting. They are also involved in Holosmith lore so maybe we will come across some?

The Lonely Vigil is so cool, I'd love to see it again. Personally I want something weird for each new mount to reach. Islands so far out that the Skimmer is the only way it's efficient to get to them, hidden places that only the Springer can jump high enough to reach, something totally buckwild that you need to zizag around with the Jackal to find, that sort of thing. There's a big emphasis this expansion on exploration, and I really hope that our main mode of exploring rewards that.

@chromadef.7403 said:if there are any, ruins of the sunspear sanctuary, but i highly doubt itFrom what I remember the Sunspear Sanctuary was in parts of Koruna. With the release of PoF, we'll be too far north to visit. But it's not to say we can't revisit in Season 4.

To answer the question, I'm interested in how the Mouth of Torment has faired. I wonder if it has closed since the Realm of Torment is no more.

@Killerbot.8645 said:

@Killerbot.8645 said:I'm fairly sure the remains of the Lonely Vigil are in-game in PoF, in the Crystal Oasis you can find the helmet and hand half-buried in the sand.

I think that's different because the lonely vigil is far south of amnoon.

250 years

Yes but in the recent lore stream they highlighted the point that they have their own internal map and went to lengths to make the monuments in gw1 line up close to same area in gw2.

Things I am hoping to see:

Sulfurous sands/junundu wurmsFissure of woe/domain of anguishsome form of or maybe lore reference to ascension/the forgotten/margoniteslocations relating to order of whispers/sunspearstie ins to the destiny's edge book/the spear that almost killed Kralkatorriklore reasons for evolution/demise of the dervishes/paragons

@Xiahou Mao.9701 said:Well, we've already been to Glint's Lair, so I don't know that we'll be going back there.

This isn't something old, but I'd like to see the dam Palawa Joko built to redirect the Elon River. It's visible on the world map, I don't know if the maps we'll be traveling in the expansion will go there immediately, but that has the potential to be one of those grand, impressive structures along the lines of the Great Northern Wall or Divinity's Reach and its associated dams.

I want to see the Garden of Seborhin, too. It was already pretty visually impressive in GW1, so I can only imagine the field day they've had redesigning it for GW2.

of course we should go back to do remeber that the wee little dragon is her own spawn returning there could assists in the goal of learning more, and it would be nice returning there

@Eternal Is Sektor.9034 said:

@Killerbot.8645 said:

@Killerbot.8645 said:I'm fairly sure the remains of the Lonely Vigil are in-game in PoF, in the Crystal Oasis you can find the helmet and hand half-buried in the sand.

I think that's different because the lonely vigil is far south of amnoon.

250 years

Yes but in the recent lore stream they highlighted the point that they have their own internal map and went to lengths to make the monuments in gw1 line up close to same area in gw2.

Doesn't really say much, the placement of the Lonely Vigil was already inconsistent in GW: Prophecies and GW: Nightfall

@MikeyGrey.2496 said:Things I am hoping to see:

Sulfurous sands/junundu wurmsFissure of woe/domain of anguishsome form of or maybe lore reference to ascension/the forgotten/margoniteslocations relating to order of whispers/sunspearstie ins to the destiny's edge book/the spear that almost killed Kralkatorriklore reasons for evolution/demise of the dervishes/paragons

the Dervish armor is around on armorstands everywhere but yeah that style of attacks and such i would love to learn more on why it seems deadbut that mountain you have to walk into and fight youre shadow self wouldnt suck to bad to revisit now

@Amaimon.7823 said:The portal platforms, functional or not,the cavern where we fight the doppelganger (although I guess it's a dead cave now, since our ancestors finished the trials, but maybe it's just a hero challenge or something now)

the place was/is magical and with how the story goes it seems heading back in history is whats winning "the war" for the mortal realm so clearly to go there has to be a must atlest its a safe spot

Archived