[PvE] Perfect Inscriptions Firebrand Support?

Omnicron.2467

Hi!

I was wondering what people though of using a prefect inscriptions build as a more aggressive support for PvE, the build would look something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADFBjFCBWCB0EhF/BDbEUeCCWBgv1DY/iuRHpA-jhxGQBA4RAQuzAQtU+5RlgpZ/BFp+DA-e

This is just a quick draft without overthinking it:

You can have your signets active on allies for quite a good percentage of time, Bane Signet has a 24 sec cooldown and with alactrity that will drop to 16 seconds. The effect is active for 10 seconds, so you will have a 62% uptime for your signet buffs for allies.

Crits give your allies might, and you also grant quickness and other boons whiile healing.

Could this be viable? What changes would be needed to the profession by Anet for this to be viable in raids?

Your cooldown numbers are way off. Alacrity reduces CDs by 20%, not by 33%. For Bane Signet, that's 19.2 s CD. Apart from that, you have way too little boon duration to do anything useful - you won't get close to 25 stacks might or perma quickness or anything else. To me, this looks like a strong healer when there are optimal conditions (everyone stacked nicely etc.), but you can't do anything else and as soon as people disperse a bit, I'd expect even the healing capabilities to take a nosedive. So in short, I don't think such a build is even close to viable.

For FB to be truly viable as a raid support, we need one thing more urgently than anything else: a fat nerf to chronos. In their current state, no one else will ever be viable as a raid supporter. In conjunction with that chrono nerf, renegade will need some buffs, especially a proper stat combo to do his job. FB actually needs relatively little - reduce the clunkiness of quickness application by increasing the range to a 450 radius (both mantras and the trait) and I'd say we're golden.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Your cooldown numbers are way off. Alacrity reduces CDs by 20%, not by 33%. For Bane Signet, that's 19.2 s CD. Apart from that, you have way too little boon duration to do anything useful - you won't get close to 25 stacks might or perma quickness or anything else. To me, this looks like a strong healer when there are optimal conditions (everyone stacked nicely etc.), but you can't do anything else and as soon as people disperse a bit, I'd expect even the healing capabilities to take a nosedive. So in short, I don't think such a build is even close to viable.

For FB to be truly viable as a raid support, we need one thing more urgently than anything else: a fat nerf to chronos. In their current state, no one else will ever be viable as a raid supporter. In conjunction with that chrono nerf, renegade will need some buffs, especially a proper stat combo to do his job. FB actually needs relatively little - reduce the clunkiness of quickness application by increasing the range to a 450 radius (both mantras and the trait) and I'd say we're golden.

Thanks, helpful feedback, haha I can't believe I did not know what alacrity's numbers were, oops

You already use Signets in the current support Firebrand build. Your trait choices are odd. It's easy to maintain 20-25 Might with the current support build. Also permanent Quickness is easily achieved. It also has massive healing already. Magi's stats are a waste for Firebrand. Wrathful Justice allows you to get two stacks of the Signet when sharing too.

This is the current support build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADFBjtDBGCBEEhlBCzKAMtKAYZgSwNYfhGRzoA-jxxGQBk7UAcT9BBV9n0s/AAeCALV5HUVCGA4A49u393D8+7v/+7v31v/+7v/+7v/+7vHA-e

Metabattle explains it well.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Healer

@"Kam.4092" said:You already use Signets in the current support Firebrand build. Your trait choices are odd. It's easy to maintain 20-25 Might with the current support build. Also permanent Quickness is easily achieved. It also has massive healing already. Magi's stats are a waste for Firebrand. Wrathful Justice allows you to get two stacks of the Signet when sharing too.

This is the current support build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADFBjtDBGCBEEhlBCzKAMtKAYZgSwNYfhGRzoA-jxxGQBk7UAcT9BBV9n0s/AAeCALV5HUVCGA4A49u393D8+7v/+7v31v/+7v/+7v/+7vHA-e

Metabattle explains it well.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Healer

Oh wow thanks! I was not aware this build existed! Thank you! This pretty much completely answers my question about the viability of perfect inscriptions :D Thank you

Like I said, I put the build in my OP together in like 5mins, just to give an idea of the direction I was going in. The build you share here from metabattle is my basic idea which is much more refined, but I was on the right track ;)

Archived