[Suggestion] Making reporting more user friendly.

I can imagine the stream of reactions to a post like this ranging from "reporting doesn't do anything" to "The support team doesn't need the extra workload" to "It will be abused more than anything". BUT regardless:

I was wondering if it could be possible to make reporting easier within the PvP match screen. Right now it only works within the scoring screen and only when you right click on the person. I found myself rightclicking within my party and left clicking on names within the score menu before I remembered it's on right click in the score menu.

I just wouldn't mind seeing a slightly easier way of simply reporting people at the end of the match with less UI searching and more a clear button that gives you a select few options. As well as maybe a message that you have been reported, might be effective to know when players say "hey that wasn't okay, maybe take a break?" (At least that is probably what should be said.)

Overall it might not be that necessary, at least in EU it's only rarely that someone actually AFKs. I just noticed I found myself searching for the report button that really hasn't moved in ages and I forgot for some reason. I thought maybe it could be more user friendly to report someone.

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:I can imagine the stream of reactions to a post like this ranging from "reporting doesn't do anything" to "The support team doesn't need the extra workload" to "It will be abused more than anything". BUT regardless:

Yeah, anything about reporting attracts non-constructive comments like flies to a .

I was wondering if it could be possible to make reporting easier within the PvP match screen. Right now it only works within the scoring screen and only when you right click on the person. I found myself rightclicking within my party and left clicking on names within the score menu before I remembered it's on right click in the score menu.

I just wouldn't mind seeing a slightly easier way of simply reporting people at the end of the match with less UI searching and more a clear button that gives you a select few options. As well as maybe a message that you have been reported, might be effective to know when players say "hey that wasn't okay, maybe take a break?" (At least that is probably what should be said.)

I think that improving the accessibility of reporting is probably a good thing.

In general, letting people know they were reported isn't an effective technique for reducing bad behaviour, but I have an alternate suggestion that has been shown to do so:

Display a reminder that players should be good at the start of each match. In the same way that reminding Harvard students of the non-existent school honor code reduces cheating, priming people by reminding them to be nice to each other will help reduce, well, the opposite.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:I can imagine the stream of reactions to a post like this ranging from "reporting doesn't do anything" to "The support team doesn't need the extra workload" to "It will be abused more than anything". BUT regardless:

Yeah, anything about reporting attracts non-constructive comments like flies to a .

I think that improving the accessibility of reporting is probably a good thing.

In general, letting people know they were reported isn't an effective technique for reducing bad behaviour, but I have an alternate suggestion that has been shown to do so:

Display a reminder that players should be good at the start of each match. In the same way that reminding Harvard students of the non-existent school honor code reduces cheating, priming people by reminding them to be nice to each other will help reduce, well, the opposite.Well the letting people know part is more inspiration from League of Legends. (Although it's been years, maybes it's changed now.) It definitely seems to me that it means that players would maybe need to reevaluate their behavior, whether that has the intended effect I don't know. But a reminder at the start of the match could help too.

Archived