In PvP it will increase sand shade recharge by 100%.

Meetshield.1756

For PVP this seems fair, as the other options are really good and if Savant was picked more its because the shades are very small. However in PVP smaller shades are usable, and this should increase the skill floor of Scourge some. Allowing players to choose wisely when to use shades.

The real question is will this be moved to WvW ? As a Necro main, I don't always fall on the side of Scourge needing not to be nerfed. I actually would prefer the days of Reapers and balanced groups and higher skill play across the board. But those days are gone, reaper is a bomber now, not a fighter, and Scourge is a problem.

If this change were moved to WvW it wouldn't really address the problem, it would just mean that scourge would be more likely to run one of the other trait lines. Sand Savant is a Support option. Instead of increasing shade cooldown when you pick it, it should:

1. Reduce Shade cooldown 66%
  2. Increase size of shade as it does now, and shade counts as 3 as it does now.
  3. Remove all condition dmg from Manifest Sand Shade
  4. Add an additional Condi Cleans and Regen buff on Manifest Sandshade.

Yes i am assuming they are testing it and would eventually roll it to WvW which is why I made my post discussing how it wouldn't really address the issue. On initial clash all shades are on cooldown. It wouldnt' affect the "Bomb" it would affect the 2nd and 3rd bombs.

Real Necromancers will now do more damage when shying away from Sand Savant to slot Demonic Lore instead. Most people don't realize how much damage Scourge's gave up when choosing the larger shades. With this recent change, its no longer an issue of support, or at least, support from 900 range. Think back to this post when people really complain about the condition burst, especially if Scourge's decide to go max damage.

Archived