Which build is the best for Weaver right now? I already have a zerker build on him.

ethervapor.1869

Sword at this time isn't considered "meta". There hasn't been enough testing done, nor have qT posted their info yet. The most known about sword is that berserker stats are terrible on it for raid meta but condition damage builds may work. There was a condi sword build video up, but I can't find it at the moment but it was around the same as the Tempest condi build, however that was pre-patch that fixed stat scaling.

For open world, use whatever you want.

@ethervapor.1869 said:

@"Agent Noun.7350" said:Viper/Sinister with sword or dagger. If you can max burning duration with runes, sigils, traits, and food, go full Sinister. Berserker with staff is insanely strong right now on large hitboxes.

do zerker stats on swords viable in current meta tho?

With zerker stats, no. The damage just isn't there. I really wish it was, but it isn't. It's very fun, and I'm having a lot of success with it in the open world, but that's because it's bursty. For the "meta," sustained DPS is more important, and that's what sword lacks (with Zerker stats, at least).

@Agent Noun.7350 said:

@ethervapor.1869 said:

@Agent Noun.7350 said:Viper/Sinister with sword or dagger. If you can max burning duration with runes, sigils, traits, and food, go full Sinister. Berserker with staff is insanely strong right now on large hitboxes.

do zerker stats on swords viable in current meta tho?

With zerker stats, no. The damage just isn't there. I
really
wish it was, but it isn't. It's very fun, and I'm having a lot of success with it in the open world, but that's because it's bursty. For the "meta," sustained DPS is more important, and that's what sword lacks (with Zerker stats, at least).

oh well. still gonna stick w/ zerk. it's fun for me.

Power staff is definitely the best for PvE right now.

Condi sword can work well if you focus entirely on burning, I think. Go with Sinister gear and max out your burning duration with Balthazar runes, Smoldering sigil, and traits. I'd guess something like Fire-Fire-Air-Fire-Fire-Earth-repeat would be the best approach there, with sword/focus. The Fire/Water dual attack also applies a lot of burning, but Water's autoattack chain does almost no damage, so it probably isn't worth weaving in Water Attunement unless you can avoid autoattacking during that time (which isn't impossible, to be fair).

@mygamingid.5816 said:What do you plan on doing with the character?

Berserker (Staff Only): Instanced Group PvE content (e.g. Raids, Fractals, Dungeons) with large-hitbox bossesSinister: Literally everything else.

I'd love to hear what's the "everything" where Sinister is better than power staff.

Power Staff is still glorious in large-hitbox funland. hence the "literally everything else" statement with Sinister.

Weaver is the same as Tempest before. You could eek out another 1-2k DPS against large hitboxes by swapping to Power Staff, but Condi dominated absolutely everything else. It even won out if you couldn't maintain the . A free 20% condi duration and 10% condi damage, plus a situational 20% condi damage, makes for a pretty ridiculous damage bump over Tempest. Sinister also has Power & Precision, with plenty of the latter for 100% crits with raid meta support. It'll pick up damage from EoR just fine, too.

I should add that this does not consider PvP or WvW. I'll go ahead and put myself in the "don't use Power Staff in either of those" camp, but will admit that Sinister would be a fragile and likely poor choice for either game mode.

I've completed the expansion with zerker sword + dagger, the gaming style is satisfying and fun providing large bursts of damage but it did feel way too squishy and against stronger bosses I struggled. I have to admit I had to respawn a few times in several fights, all of that was over as soon as I jumped into the Xpac today with several of my alts, each of them felt at least as strong and had significantly more staying power with less effort.

Staff dps benchmark is over a static, large hit-box golem. This is great to see potential, but need to keep in mind that if the boss moves, if you need to dodge, or if the boss has a smaller hitbox, then your dps will be lower.

Condi d/f (fire/arcane/weaver) was doing up to 40k dps. Its easier to achieve than staff but is very dependent on maximizing FGS use.I don't know if that was previous to the stat bug patch.

I haven't seen any griever (fire/air?) benchmarks yet or condi sword (with fire/arcane or fire/earth).

Archived