D/P Daredevil vs S/D Thief

Patkus.9178

I've been playing S/D for some time now, but recently switched back to D/P and ohh god was it frustrating.They way I see it though with D/P you have a high risk, high reward playstyle and a lot more mobility while S/D is a bit safer and feels slower in my opinion.I mostly play WvW and PvP right now.Wanted your guys thoughts on both and maybe some pros/cons or recommendations.

i mostly play Spvp, and in that game mode i feel each weapon set has its advantages and disadvantages, with S/D coming out on top.

D/p has better immediate burst potential and serves the function of +1 a little better than S/d in a good +1 situation. That being said, it relies heavily on having a good team that can produce such a situation. also the general lack of unblockable attacks makes it much harder to pull off with the current meta. i would say its high risk, medium reward.S/d on the other hand lacks the downright 3 shot burst of the BP/HS/Steal/backstab combo but i believe is generally a more effective build at the moment due to its ability to deal with more situations, and survive a skirmish more easily due to its massive amount of mobilty, built in condi cleanse on sword 2, 2 steals, and can generally hang with most classes due to its unblockable and boon ripping sword 3. due to all its utilitarian benefits i would say in most cases i would say this build is medium risk medium reward and is the better of the two builds to run while solo queing.

the one reason i do enjoy DP more for though is those kitten PP thieves where i just sit and press 4 every time they try to spam 3 and get a laugh as i use only one skill to kill them via interupts. the two steals on S/D gets me most of the way there but usually i have already used at least one when coming across a pp thief so its not as effective but still doesnt cause me too much trouble.

@Patkus.9178 said:I've been playing S/D for some time now, but recently switched back to D/P and ohh god was it frustrating.They way I see it though with D/P you have a high risk, high reward playstyle and a lot more mobility while S/D is a bit safer and feels slower in my opinion.I mostly play WvW and PvP right now.Wanted your guys thoughts on both and maybe some pros/cons or recommendations.

D/p is focused on strong bursts from stealth while s/d is focused on evasion.

I prefer s/d because I'm a core player even if I own the expansions. Another reason is because s/d has a lot more survivability. The thief is a very squishy profession and having a plentiful amount of evasion when played right, can withstand most encounters. I haven't played d/p in a long time because I'm so used to playing core s/d thief. If you want to be evasive while being able to safely retreat from danger, play s/d. If you prefer bursting players from stealth as well as stealthing allies, play d/p.

What's so great about both of these weapon sets is that both d/p and s/d counter rifle or p/p Deadeye. With s/d you can just sit behind cover and use Infiltrator's Strike so you can safely return and make the p/p thieves waste their initiative. With d/p you can just use Headshot whenever they use Unload and hysterically laugh in their face. I've killed many bad p/p thieves as core s/d thief and I always made sure to use the laugh emote to taunt them.

Archived