SOLVED: Day 2 newb on a Macbook Pro, needs a guiding hand: (infinite redownloading game)

I just recently got a MacBook Pro and decided to try gw2 on it(because it had a client for Mac, which had to be easier than getting it to run on Linux with WINE, which I currently have run for 4+ years.)

Installed the game by running the downloaded .dmg file.The game updated the client, and began to download the game (39.2GB gw2.dat file).The game ran and played fine.I closed the game.Later I came back to play the game again and it wants to download the whole entire game again from 0%.

QUESTION: Why is my gw2 on a Mac not reusing the same gw2.dat it already downloaded, and keeps trying to download a new copy of it?
Please help, I'm a complete newb when it comes to a Mac. I am in the mercy of you gifted Mac users, please guide me.

UPDATED SOLVED: My bad, it didn't need to download the whole game again, but apparently within a couple hours after I downloaded the full game there was a patch done, and it only needed to download the updated files, not the entire 39.2 GB file again. phew! :astonished:

@RAB.7682 said:UPDATED SOLVED: My bad, it didn't need to download the whole game again, but apparently within a couple hours after I downloaded the full game there was a patch done, and it only needed to download the updated files, not the entire 39.2 GB file again. phew! :astonished:

Welcome to patch Tuesday, the most common day for patches. :)

I'm glad it was just confusing like that.

Archived