Account Banned for 252 Hours?

Hello

i would like to know what can be the cause of this ? someone sent a wind catcher backpack skin to the account via mail and then a day or 2 later the account was banned for 252 hours? please can i get some help with this ?

regards.

You can check yourself if you may have breached the Rules of Conduct or the GW2 User agreement. If you can not think of anything violating these:

Contact support by submitting a support ticket. Only they can see why your account was tempbanned "suspended" and explain it to you, and if it turns out to be in error: remove the ban. We as fellow player / forum users cannot help you, other than redirect you to support.

• ArenaNet Staff

@eko.7815 said:Hello

i would like to know what can be the cause of this ? someone sent a wind catcher backpack skin to the account via mail and then a day or 2 later the account was banned for 252 hours? please can i get some help with this ?

regards.

Hey there, Eko!

I checked into this account and, oddly enough, I don't see a single disciplinary action or suspension on it. On top of that, there's no open tickets regarding it, either.

If you're posting here from an alt about a main account that was blocked, then I'd be happy to investigate that for you a bit, but you were likely not suspended for just receiving the Wind Catcher Skin. If your account is banned for gold selling, then our team found fraudulent transactions and/or evidence of a hacked account pointing towards it.

I send gifts to friends sometimes. I hope this never happens to me :open_mouth: When I do I say in the mail something like happy bday when their bday rolls around or stuff like that. That's rough if they were banned just for giving you a gift. It's not even an expensive item O_O

@aandiarie.7195 said:I send gifts to friends sometimes. I hope this never happens to me :open_mouth: When I do I say in the mail something like happy bday when their bday rolls around or stuff like that. That's rough if they were banned just for giving you a gift. It's not even an expensive item O_O

This absolutely, without question, does not cause bans. Sending people stuff in the mail, even without any text at all, just the item, is absolutely fine. Happens a whole bunch in our guild, and neither the senders (including me) or the recipients (including me) have ever been banned for it.

The one exception might -- might -- be if you engage in RMT or something, at roughly the same time you sent the stuff, and when your account gets banned, ANet also think the other player was part of the RMT activity. It is ... how to put it ... rather an unlikely situation to pop up in real life.

I’ve send items to friends and guildmates all the time without text in the mail, but I avoid sending anything to random players or will not exempt anything from random players. Here is possibly what happen, someone’s sent you the backpack by mistake and you didn’t respond to the sender to get it back now I’m not sure if that would be a bannible offense but the player that sent you the backpack could have reported you fore some type of scamming.

Archived