Downed State needs some changes.

Ryudnard.2587

I think we should be rewarded more for playing aggressive and making someone go down.

1. Allow only three players at maximum to rez you up from the downed state. (indirect buff to some classes/traits/runes)

2. Make it so that no players should be allowed to rez you up from the downed state for the first 5 seconds (this can reward the highly skilled players who are taking initiatives in 1 vs 2, or any outnumbered situation).

3. Grant 0.5 seconds of Stability for downing other players (reward the aggressive, primitive strike in zerg vs zerg)

I'd prefer a scaling Downed State. When you currently get downed, your downed state health pool starts at 75%, assuming you have no downed penalty. I propose that you get bonuses to that starting health pool for every enemy in the area and penalties for every ally in the area. In an even-numbered fight, there would be no changes. If you are outnumbered, you would have the opportunity to rally quickly. If you outnumber the enemy, they would be able to finish you off quickly.

Given that most battles in WvW are zerg battles, and you can go from max health to 0 in 1-2 seconds, and downed just as fast, they should introduce a similar system that GW1 had, death penalty, we do kind of see it ingame at the moment, but instead of being downed when you "would be downed" you gain 1 stack of Death Penalty, this should reduce the damage you do by 15% per stack, to a max of 5 stacks, each stack would auto remove after 3 minutes, so at max stacks you take 15 mins to remove it, and do 75% less damage.

<.< >.>

Or we leave it alone.

You're pretty much dead with the amount of condis in zerg fights unless you're half-way coordinated. So random pugs die shortly after being "rallied" anyway. Roaming solo surely means death too. I can see it being an issue in smaller fights where invisible ressing can occur. People seem to want things to die faster when TTK is pushed in both extremes already. How about try to tag up, become popular, and get pin sniped then tell us if you think down state needs changing. I think the way it is now makes driving somewhat tolerable.

Considering resistance doesn't seem to get applied on downs I'd be for buffing Poison's effects on healing rates over changing down state. I wouldn't want to listen to balances made for WvW that cater to small fights though. You sorta lost me on number 2 because of that. People's high skill will still prevail if they're accounting for current downstate using that as justification is meaningless...so can we just balance combat around balanced hypothetical scenarios only please?

D:

Getting rid of the Invluln/Absorbtion upon downed animation would go a long way. If I connected my attack, (especially a projectile with how easily they are obstructed/disappear...) and my target is not blocking/reflecting or evading - then my target should take the damage.

Archived