New "non-elite" weapons for some professions ?

I was surprised by the following.

Weapons available (non-aquatic): 16

Land weapons available to each core profession (irrespective of which hand they are equipped in)Warrior: 9Guardian: 9Ranger: 8Mesmer: 7Necromancer: 6Revenant: 5Elementalist: 4Thief: 4Engineer: 3

Weapon skills available (counting combos as one skill)Elementalist: 60Warrior: 39 (or 46 if you want to include Burst Skills, which are weapon-specific)Guardian: 30 (note that Guardian has fewer skills than warrior with the same number of weapons due to all three main hand weapons being main hand only)Ranger: 29Mesmer: 24Thief, Necromancer and Revenant: 20Engineer: 12 (excluding kits; if you want to include them, add 35 to get a total of 47)

Skills available in the 1-5 slots at any given time (e.g., within a single combat)Elementalist: 20 (potentially more if they want to use their version of kits)Necromancer: 15 (counting shroud skills -- not tied to a weapon, but then again neither are kits)Warrior: 12 (or 10, not counting burst skills)Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, Revenant, Ranger: 10Engineer: 5 (plus kit skills, number will vary)

I'm not entirely sure what to make of all that, but I have to believe that any view of Engineers as disadvantaged are solely rooted in the number of weapons stat. As far as build diversity tied to the number 1-5 skill slots, they are no worse of than a lot of other professions. As to Revenant, the profession doesn't seem any worse off with regard to weapon or weapon skill diversity than some other professions.

I agree with Tzarakiel that core builds for Engineer, Revenant and Guardian lack the weapon options he cites. It's worth noting, though, that Elite Specs are supposed to fill in holes in the core professions. That said, even with the existing Elite Specs, Guardian still lacks a condition ranged weapon choice.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:I was surprised by the following.

Land weapons available to each core profession (irrespective of which hand they are equipped in)Warrior: 9Guardian: 9Ranger: 8Mesmer: 7Necromancer: 6Revenant: 5Elementalist: 4Thief: 4Engineer: 3

Weapon skills available (counting combos as one skill)Elementalist: 60Warrior: 39 (or 46 if you want to include Burst Skills, which are weapon-specific)Guardian: 30 (note that Guardian has fewer skills than warrior with the same number of weapons due to all three main hand weapons being main hand only)Ranger: 29Mesmer: 24Thief, Necromancer and Revenant: 20Engineer: 12 (excluding kits; if you want to include them, add 35 to get a total of 47)

Skills available in the 1-5 slots at any given time (e.g., within a single combat)Elementalist: 20 (potentially more if they want to use their version of kits)Necromancer: 15 (counting shroud skills -- not tied to a weapon, but then again neither are kits)Warrior: 12 (or 10, not counting burst skills)Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, Revenant, Ranger: 10Engineer: 5 (plus kit skills, number will vary)

I'm not entirely sure what to make of all that, but I have to believe that any view of Engineers as disadvantaged are solely rooted in the number of weapons stat. As far as build diversity tied to the number 1-5 skill slots, they are no worse of than a lot of other professions. As to Revenant, the profession doesn't seem any worse off with regard to weapon or weapon skill diversity than some other professions.

I agree with Tzarakiel that core builds for Engineer, Revenant and Guardian lack the weapon options he cites. It's worth noting, though, that Elite Specs are supposed to fill in holes in the core professions. That said, even with the existing Elite Specs, Guardian still lacks a condition ranged weapon choice.

This is propagandistic against engineers. Their kits uniquely function as weapons, so they effectively have way more skills than you imply here.

Revenants are by far the class with the fewest skill options and most limited build flexibility.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:I was surprised by the following.

Weapons available (non-aquatic)
: 16

Land weapons available to each core profession (irrespective of which hand
they are equipped in)
Warrior: 9Guardian: 9Ranger: 8Mesmer: 7Necromancer: 6Revenant: 5Elementalist: 4Thief: 4Engineer: 3

Weapon
skills
available (counting combos as one skill)
Elementalist: 60Warrior: 39 (or 46 if you want to include Burst Skills, which are weapon-specific)Guardian: 30 (note that Guardian has fewer skills than warrior with the same number of weapons due to all three main hand weapons being main hand only)Ranger: 29Mesmer: 24Thief, Necromancer and Revenant: 20Engineer: 12 (excluding kits; if you want to include them, add 35 to get a total of 47)

Skills available in the 1-5 slots at any given time (e.g., within a single combat)
Elementalist: 20 (potentially more if they want to use their version of kits)Necromancer: 15 (counting shroud skills -- not tied to a weapon, but then again neither are kits)Warrior: 12 (or 10, not counting burst skills)Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, Revenant, Ranger: 10Engineer: 5 (plus kit skills, number will vary)

This is propagandistic against engineers. Their kits uniquely function as weapons, so they effectively have way more skills than you imply here.

Revenants are by far the class with the fewest skill options and most limited build flexibility.

IndigoSundown specifically stated that engineer kits gave them a lot more skills.

When taking about the number of weapon skills professions have, for example:"Engineer: 12 (excluding kits; if you want to include them, add 35 to get a total of 47)"

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:I was surprised by the following.

Weapons available (non-aquatic)
: 16

Land weapons available to each core profession (irrespective of which hand
they are equipped in)
Warrior: 9Guardian: 9Ranger: 8Mesmer: 7Necromancer: 6Revenant: 5Elementalist: 4Thief: 4Engineer: 3

Weapon
skills
available (counting combos as one skill)
Elementalist: 60Warrior: 39 (or 46 if you want to include Burst Skills, which are weapon-specific)Guardian: 30 (note that Guardian has fewer skills than warrior with the same number of weapons due to all three main hand weapons being main hand only)Ranger: 29Mesmer: 24Thief, Necromancer and Revenant: 20Engineer: 12 (excluding kits; if you want to include them, add 35 to get a total of 47)

Skills available in the 1-5 slots at any given time (e.g., within a single combat)
Elementalist: 20 (potentially more if they want to use their version of kits)Necromancer: 15 (counting shroud skills -- not tied to a weapon, but then again neither are kits)Warrior: 12 (or 10, not counting burst skills)Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, Revenant, Ranger: 10Engineer: 5 (plus kit skills, number will vary)

IndigoSundown specifically stated that engineer kits gave them a lot more skills.

When taking about the number of weapon skills professions have, for example:"Engineer: 12 (excluding kits; if you want to include them, add 35 to get a total of 47)"

Yeah I missed that on my first read along with the second part at the bottom of the post. Getting too zealous.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Einlanzer.1627 said:Revenants are by far the class with the fewest skill options and most limited build flexibility.

Perhaps so. However, I wonder whether that has more to do with the way their 6-10 slots work than their 1-5's.

It's mostly the latter, but the former is part of it too. They are obviously missing at least one weapon from their core set. They launched with Hammer as their only ranged weapon, and it isn't particularly versatile. What's more, they lack an all-purpose weapon at all, with all of their weapons being highly specialized in one way or another. It was just designed in an overly restrictive and pigeon-holing way.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:I was surprised by the following.

Thief has 29 core weapon skills if you count stealth attacks and dual attacks (remember empty ofhand gives unique 3th skill)

Also there are stolen skills, around 36 unique ones If i recall right. Those arent skills that we were talking about but just saying

Archived