Spec Shield Vs E Gun

PopDaGod.9346

As a Engi Side point holder for 1vs1/1vs2 in some cases which would be the better selection overall to have?

with the nerf to spec shield is it worth swapping it out for E gun ? Or does Having spec shield have a better/more promising advantage then E gun itself?

IMO i believe having E gun 4 and 5 Is overall better then spec shield, because the pulse on condi cleanse+heal with hard light arena makes it a really really good combo source to keep yourself alive during the 1vs1/1vs2. While Spec shield can reduce incoming condi damage and physical damage i believe the 3 seconds for it can be hit or miss overall. Been almost a week i log in due to just getting slightly bored of the game overall just wanted to start some discussion with other engi players overall.

This is under the impression/idea of someone playing A invention holo spec with sword and shield as well, Made to bunker/hold a 1vs1 against mainly anything for extended time period.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUBVWhtbBmID0ehFDDrvG2DHihBg/SfR8c8BGQA-jJxHABiv/AAnAA/fAA2XGAA

It's a question of damage mitigation vs. recovery.

If you know you're about to get spiked, spectrum shield is absolutely clutch. Takes the teeth off of most attacks.

But it only lasts a short while, and won't help you recover health in a longer fight. E-Gun is a great way to make up that health. There's a reason why when scrapper was meta it ran both bulwark gyro and e-gun -- One mitigated damage while the other recovered it.

Elixir Gun. As a long time core engineer player, the Elixir Gun has always been my favorite kit when it comes to sustain, condition cleanse, traversing PvP maps quicker (Jump Shot + About Face + Acid Bomb) and the 24 seconds cooldown stun breaker on Healing Mist when using Alchemy and Tools. Not only that, but ever since the Med Kit got a rework, I started playing core support engineer with Rune of the Pack so I don't lose DPS and Mender's Amulet to increase Med Blasters' healing.

Also, with the Elixir Gun you can create double AoE heals for both you and you allies: Vital Burst > Infusion Bomb > Cleansing Field > Acid Bomb. It will take a bit of practice to learn the About Face Acid Bomb to traverse maps a lot faster, but it's worth it. You get permanent weakness from Tranquilizer Dart, 5 condition cleanse on allies from Fumigate (yes, 5 conditions) and Super Elixir gives both condition cleanse and sustain for both you and your allies.

The only thing you can change with your build is to replace the Mortar Kit with either Elixir X or Prime Light Beam. As for the traits, run Iron Blooded if you have a guardian on your team and run Purity of Purpose if you don't have a guardian on your team. Fumigate cleanses 5 conditions which will result in your allies having up to 5 boons.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Elixir Gun. As a long time core engineer player, the Elixir Gun has always been my favorite kit when it comes to sustain, condition cleanse, traversing PvP maps quicker (Jump Shot + About Face + Acid Bomb) and the 24 seconds cooldown stun breaker on Healing Mist when using Alchemy and Tools. Not only that, but ever since the Med Kit got a rework, I started playing core support engineer with Rune of the Pack so I don't lose DPS and Mender's Amulet to increase Med Blasters' healing.

Also, with the Elixir Gun you can create double AoE heals for both you and you allies: Vital Burst > Infusion Bomb > Cleansing Field > Acid Bomb. It will take a bit of practice to learn the About Face Acid Bomb to traverse maps a lot faster, but it's worth it. You get permanent weakness from Tranquilizer Dart, 5 condition cleanse on allies from Fumigate (yes, 5 conditions) and Super Elixir gives both condition cleanse and sustain for both you and your allies.

The only thing you can change with your build is to replace the Mortar Kit with either Elixir X or Prime Light Beam. As for the traits, run Iron Blooded if you have a guardian on your team and run Purity of Purpose if you don't have a guardian on your team. Fumigate cleanses 5 conditions which will result in your allies having up to 5 boons.

agree, and ya of course change trait lines around depending on match ups before game starts. I like motor kit because of the field pulse it gives such a blind+psn+healing all work well with shield 4-5 or sword 2 just strong to have for 1vs1 over prime-light imo but it's debatable.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived